Ball State University Reviews

3,326 reviews
I went to a college trip to Ball State University with my class and I loved the environment and how people interact and make connections. When I walked around the school, it felt more comfortable and like home. I saw myself studying there and interacting with people there. I would want to see more of the psychology studies and what programs they give for those majoring in psychology.
A student to be next Fall, I feel that Ball State has a very safe, social, New-life feel experience and environment. From all the activities and volunteering, the vast choice of majors and minors, the beautifully maintained campus and food. The professors are well educated and teach in an understandable manner and the students help each other with their work, even at mutual acquaintances.
Ball State has a very clean and beautiful campus. The staff here are always very helpful and care about their students but always teaches with a firm hand. As you progress to your major classes you begin to have a more hands-on learning experience and career help. Ball State is a great place to maintain a healthy lifestyle by having multiple recreation centers and gyms available to students and staff. Ball State is known to be a "party school" but it depends on who the student is, for example, I have never attended a college party mostly because I don't wish to and because my friends know that I am not interested in going to one. Overall, this school has been an amazing experience for me and I'm excited to see where I go from here.
Start Your Review of Ball State University
Ball State University has a beautiful, impressive campus in the middle of a very unassuming little town. All of the buildings and clean, new, and well kept. The Dormitories are also updated and very welcoming. The dining halls are easily accessible from each dorm building. Overall, very impressive and I highly recommend it.
Ball State is a very warm and welcome environment. I felt completely safe and secure for the entire amount of time I was there.
Ball State University's ranking in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges is National Universities, 171. ... Ball State University is located in Muncie, Indiana, about an hour northeast of Indianapolis. Students at Ball State can choose from about 180 undergraduate majors, including an entrepreneurship program.
I like the diversity. People are welcoming and nice so it is easy to fit in. i also like the teaching program that they offer.
Ball State is an amazing experience for college students, especially those going into fields that include nursing, telecommunications, theatre, or teaching.
This was my first choice of collages to attend and I was accepted. They offered my major and is only an hour from home. I get to feel independent but still have the safety net of my mom.
I also like the fact that the campus is very student friendly. They offer a lot of campus activities. I joined their buddy program. I just love my little buddy. She is so sweet. I just wish we got to spend more then 1 day a week with them.
There is not anything I would change about Ball State at this time. I'm still pretty new to the collage seen.
I have been to Ball state on a college visit and it made me become interested in the campus and finding out about what it had to offer.
There is a place for everyone at Ball State, without a doubt. Contrary to popular belief, academics are a HUGE and the professors are truly there to help you learn. There are so many networking opportunities it's amazing.
I absolutely love this college. I wish to complete my 4 year bachelor's degree with this college! Every time that I have completed a tour of this school I fall more and more in love with the school. Between the atmosphere and students to the degrees and opportunities they hold, I have my fingers crossed hoping I will be accepted to this college!
Ball State has a lot of good qualities. The dorm I have lived in for the past two years (Johnson) has been wonderful. They have gigantic showers, an exercise facility in the building, and several washing machines and dryers. they way that everything works are all around smoothe and works out really well.

although Ball State does have some not as great qualities. there really are only three places to eat on campus if you want good food, and they are out of the way of most things. everything else is just really unhealthy and not very good, a lot of the time when healthy food options are offered they sit on a shelf and stay there until someone buys it. this is the one thing I want to see changed. I dont buy many healthy things here because I don't know if they will be bad or not. I would like to be guaranteed good healthy options.
Muncie, Indiana is the place to be! What a beautiful town and campus. BSU provides all of my academic and athletic wants and needs! The campus is well kept and conveniently located.

See you there!!!!
BSU is very accommodating to all students and feels like the college of every first generation college student’s dream. It’s the perfect size for a homey feeling that allows for easy friendships and big enough to feel like you’re really contributing to something that’s bigger than yourself.
the professors are always very helpful and are there when you need them. The campus is not a massive one but is continuing to grow thanks to the rise in applications for students wanting to attend this beautiful university.
Ball State is such a great school for someone who prefers to have the university life, but also in a much smaller setting. The university is close to home so I can see my family whenever. One thing I would change is that they really need a bike lane to avoid congestion on the walk ways with the pedestrians.
Start Your Review of Ball State University
Ball state is a wonderful campus. With plenty of diversity and clubs, you meet a lot of people from various backgrounds. Having such an amazing history background, Ball State has lived up to its name.
Options regarding majors and classes is very diverse, which I like very much. However I haven’t been pleased with my advisor. I feel that my advisor hasn’t been upfront with me about important information or hasn’t had all the facts about a class or requirements.
The campus is the perfect size, there is quite a diversity on campus, the dorms are beautiful and the professors are committed.