Baldwin Wallace University Reviews

I love the energy of BW. Everyone on campus whether it be faculty or students is so welcoming and friendly. All faculty members are extremely helpful in all aspects. The teaching methods are amazing and very helpful for myself.
BW is great! As a mid-year transfer student I was really nervous having to start everything over again. I went from a huge state school to a very small school. The faculty & staff are very kind. My professors know me by name and want what's best for me, in & outside of the classroom. From understanding the course work to finding an internship or getting involved on campus, they truly make an effort to make sure that we are taking advantage of all the opportunities that are provided here at Baldwin Wallace University.
Baldwin Wallace University is a great institution who puts forth the time and effort to make sure the campus is outstanding and a great place for its students. My experience here has been nothing but a great time in all aspects.
Review Your College
It's a nice enough college. I didn't fall in love with it when I first saw it, but the opportunities Baldwin Wallace offers in regards to creative writing and theater are definitely eye catching. The community, students and faculty alike, are absolutely heart warming. My biggest problem with the school is that, despite my love for the small enviorment, there isn't much to do in the surrounding area.
BW is constantly changing and wanting to be better. As a senior, a lot of the things that my friends and I complained about when we were a freshman are fixed, or on their way to becoming better. Since it is a small school, the night life is small and contained, but there is always something to do if you want to. Music program is everything I could have asked for and more. If you come here and it does not hit you right away, BW will grow on you and will feel like home.
Very diversity community filled with some of the most interesting and current time/issue classes and electives. Large campus but easy to navigate, with safety being a top priority. Tuition is expensive however they are very generous with their aid. The professors have been nothing but wonderful and their different methods of engaging the students create a variety which drives you to actually go to classes.
Baldwin Wallace Conservatory is a wonderful place to be. The campus is in the middle of a small city. Berea has everything you will need; grocery stores withing walking distance, a spectacular mall, hospitals, and the lovely MetroParks for outdoor enjoyment. Baldwin Wallace is small enough that students do not get swallowed up by large classroom sizes, but it is also big enough to have all the perks of a big school. The only downfall I have found so far is administration. Being a transfer student, it seems that I have fallen into a difficult category and at times, get left out of important information. Several other transfer students have expressed the same feelings as well. Having said that, I have no other complaints about Baldwin Wallace.
I love Baldwin Wallace! It is an amazing school! The faculty is extremely friendly. The music program is very strong at Baldwin Wallace, which is very important to me as a singer. They have so much going on there for the students to participate in like the largest collegiate Bach festival and the Beatles festival. Baldwin Wallace is a great school!
Security can walk you to your dorm and are one phone call away
My room is kind of small, but I can manage
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
Not overpowering, but seems cool
Great coaches, the school spirit is uplifting
You ca tell that it is going to be awesome at freshman orientation.
The class sizes is small, which is great becuase the professor gets to know the students on a personal and professional way. All of the professors care about the students development, if they're getting the work done correctly and making sure we are stretching ourselves to learn more. Each professor is different but they know how to explain the material in multiple ways so that all students will be able to follow along with them. It is all difficult work but that is expected. If extra help is needed, we have tutors in Ritter and online! Pretty much everything is flexible.
Our schools moto is all able making sure graduates earn a job either before they leave the school or soon as they leave. They work hard to make sure we network over the years we attend Baldwin Wallace and they make sure we meet all requirements for jobs (resume, portfolio, interviews, experience, etc.) Our career center is a 15 our of 10 when it comes to helping students finding careers, experiences or internships.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
We do not hear anything about someone being assulted but we make sure all of those who are new to campus or are first year students, are aware of sexual assults and rape. The campus and health center are serious about this topic. I feel very safe around campus and I am comfortable walking alone after my night classes. We have 24 hours of saftey and security police officers who make sure to ride around campus and make sure we are safe. If someone felt unsafe, I am sure Baldwin Wallace would do something about that to asure safety.
Living on campus is great because it is a flat, small campus and easy to get to classes. For first year students living in the Davidson dorms are the best (AC! and it's like small apartment), or living in Carmel (AC and elevators), or EHouse (AC!). There are some dorms that do not have AC and can be really hot. Many people do not stay in their rooms, they hang out in the lobby and watch tv, do homeowork, or play outside the dorms. When it comes to the housing process, it all depends on the year you are in and your grades. I believe it is a fair process but I wish we had a new building for more room.
Review Your College
Or greek life is a pretty big part on campus. Even if someone is not appart of greek life, they welcome people to events, they care deeply for the community around us and for people on campus. We have one building called Heritage that holds all of our greek life, which shows they are all in unity and know how to live toghether. Majority of the time many individuals set a warm welcome atmosphere to first year students and knows how to cheer everyone up throughtout the whole year. I love our greek life.
Everything is publicized well and even the professors announce athletic events. Our teams perform the best they can and give their all into the sport they love and represent the school well.
Baldwin Wallace is a caring community and we all work together. We focus on important issues within our community and some issues that can effect all campus communities like sexual assult and dating violence for example. My favorite experience about our school is when we have events, everyone is aware about the events and support one another. I love the Mid Night Madness events because they are creative and thier events brings everyone together.