Bakersfield College Reviews

1,023 reviews
Being a community college, Bakersfield College does a good job at facilitating learning experiences and atmosphere. I enjoy that most professors genuinely care about your academic performance and are willing to help if they can.
The professors want you to succeed and work with you. They don’t treat their jobs as just a paycheck. Believe this community college is underrated.
It's not the worst, but it could be ten times better. There is hardly any student involvement, and if there is it's rare. You hardly hear about any of the events happening, and the quality of teachers ranges on both sides of the spectrum.
Start Your Review of Bakersfield College
I've only taken one class, but so far so good. Staff is very friendly and helpful especially with helping you get to where you need to go and such. The teachers are pretty nice and respond back fairly quickly, at least a lot faster than I initially thought.
I liked the fact they give every opportunity for a student to succeed in their academic goal. They have professional tutors with Bachelors degree or Masters degree to help with English composition and Math. They also provide peer tutoring (student tutors) so each student can get help if they need it. On top of that Bakersfield College provide Student instructors to re-enforce what students get from the professor during lecture. It allows the students to have a more approachable environment where students can freely ask questions regarding the topic of their classes.
I really enjoy the staff at Bakersfield college, i always get the help i need. Ive literally visited, every resource possible this year and everyone has a great attitude. I like the shuttle bus this year, it was a very good idea. Specially, the hours they run for, i love it.
Overall it is a good community college just at times can seem like the staff is unorganized and don't know what they are talking about.
Bakersfield College has excellent and knowledgeable professors. Although, BC is over populated and may be difficult to get into certain courses.
BC is extremely affordable with excellent instructors. I'm an older student and feel 100% accepted with my younger peers.
I attended religiously for 2 years then I took a break for a year due to family issues. Now after hurting my back at work I decided to return to change my major and obtain a AS in Agriculture business management. BC has been very helpful and always willing to work with you to assist you in anyway possible to help you succeed in graduating. I recommend BC for anyone who want to take their general education courses or any other courses.
A safe place where staff and students alike are friendly, engaging, and always eager to help. Many resources are at the ready for the use of any student that may need them, such as peer tutor, professor's office hours, library, and computer labs.
Bakersfield college is well established. It set up to get you in and out to a university as quick as possible.
Bakersfield college took forever to get out of, you really need to know what you are doing to get out of Bakersfield college in a decent amount of time. You need to research the schools you plan to transfer to and all the classes you need and PLAN PLAN PLAN. You can do it. As far as counselors go very few know what they are telling you, I have caught many mistakes that they have made that could've cost me an additional year. avoid this by requesting an actual counselor sometimes they hand you off to an advisor who is extra clueless. Use rate my professor to pick your teachers, if you do that you should be fine. I had lots of passionate teachers, that have encouraged me to keep going. Bakersfield college is cheap and achievable.
Bakersfield College is overpopulated and the majority of terrible professors, outweigh the good ones. Staff should be evaluated more efficiently, to ensure students are getting what they pay for, and there should be enough tutors available to assist the mass of students that are desperate for help. Personally, out of the FOUR YEARS (yep, four years at a two year community college), every single one of the counselors i've talked to never fully know what they're talking about, each one sends you in 100 different directions. It's almost impossible to get into classes as well, since the amount of students attending basically overpowers the amount of classes available. I would not recommend Bakersfield College to anybody, unless they want to spend their senior year at a community college while their friends of the same year are graduating with bachelor degrees at a CSU.
I love my industrial program their I take welding and my teacher is super cool the campus is always safe and it's good parking it's not a partying school financial aid is ok they could help more the food is ok our renegade center is the best they will help so will our couselors u can use books threw our school app so it's ok
I would like to see the school get more organized systematically and in personal within the buildings.
I enjoy Bakersfield College. It’s campus offers a lot of educational help. My favorite place to go study is the library it’s quiet and there is a lot of study space. I have had really helpful professors as well. Although the classes are harder to get into as I get closer to finishing my general education, it is still a good environment and less expensive.
Start Your Review of Bakersfield College
My experience at Bakersfield college isn't what I expected it to be. After completing my first semester, I came to conclusion that Bakersfield college isn't the best for my education.
Bakersfield College offers many degrees. Transferring from Bakersfield College does not happen often but is not hard to achieve.
I love Bakersfield College. I have had some difficult experiences getting prerequisite classes for a few years in a row. However, I did not give up and I am officially accepted into and beginning one of the nations top registered nursing programs at Bakersfield College. I love the professors, and haven't had a bad one yet in my 5 years at the college. Great college and affordable.