1. Bakersfield, CA
  2. 2 Year

Bakersfield College Reviews

there is so much Bakersfield college helps students with, many clubs, workshops and help for the needy is giving almost every week. The councilors help you with your future and teachers give you motivation
Bakersfield College is a great school love the staff they are always so friendly and helpful! The staff at the bookstore are really helpful and always have a smile in their face. The books are a bit pricey compared to amazon and one of the English professors i had was kinda perverted he showed things that weren't related to English and always was off topic. I love Bakersfield college because its a good school and everyone is extremely helpful.
I like how others are very helpful in finding ways to class. I also like how the professors are nice and are willing to help you out when your questions might be a little complicated.
Bakersfield College definitely isn't one of the best community colleges out there, but you can get the job done. In my experience so far, it is good enough to just get your general education courses out of the way at a cheaper cost and then just transfer out.
I am a freshman at Bakersfield College and my experience so far has been amazing. I will be attending the Nursing Program and the technology that this college has for this program is very amazing also. Bakersfield College is also very affordable compared to other colleges. This was one of the main reason why I chose to enroll to this school. Although the the only downside for my circumstances is having to drive twenty five miles in order to be able to attend Bakersfield College. I believe that Bakersfield College gives many opportunities to those individuals who do not have the ability to spend a lot of money for books and tuition.
Many day or night classes to help those who work. Counseling department can be very slow at the front desk and not too helpful, but the actual counselors at the stations seem interested and eager to help. Those in offices seem to rush you out of the office. Other than that, my experience has been pretty good.
I think that the school has done a lot of change and centers different programs, tutoring with student a lot more with helping out.teaching them other ways whERE they can understand it better a
by doing it a certain way or what way they can remember on how to do it on their
I'm still currently attending BC ,but I just finished my first semester there. This school was great, nothing like I imagined college would be. The student atmosphere was great and relaxing. The professors were so amazing and genuinely wanted to help us students succeed in their class. Everyone is super helpful, the students, professors and the rest of the staff.
I am currently attending at the Delano campus. The main campus in Bakersfield provides more services, classes, and diversity. The Delano campus still provides classes and has a library, but they do not scale to the main campus's size. The people are not bad people, but it's hard to say for me considering this is my first year in college
Bakersfield college is a good college to earn an AA, or to transfer to a university. Most Professors at Bakersfield College are helpful, insightful, and encouraging.
My experience at Bakersfield College has been fairly good. The offices of student services and financial aid area are very helpful and are willing to help with any questions you have. The counselors have a program that helps you plan your classes ahead of time which is useful in the long run.
Bakersfield College is a growing community college. I am glad that I started out here rather than spending thousands of dollars going to a university. At BC, the professors are accessible to you at any time. The classes are smaller, so one-on-one time with the professor to actually talk about an issue is more frequent and they actually know your name. In all my classes I have taken, the professors are so excited and passionate about the topic they teach. You can tell they love what they do and are there for a reason and in my honest opinion, the teaching there is by far extremely better than any university.
I love that my schedule gives me time to decide what time I want to start my classes.
I toke an online course this past summer and at first it was hard to adjust, but at the end it was not that bad. To start with, the work load was a little too much since we only had six weeks. At fist I wanted to drop the class but I later decided against it and I stayed because the professor was just trying to scare people off with the work load. In the end I liked my online class and even got an A.
I have not used the career center yet, but I plan on fully taking advantage of it later on.
  • College Senior
  • Value
I like that the class sizes are small and that the professors actually know you. They actually care about you and I believe that they know a lot about their subjects. The professors are well educated and fit for the job.
On campus there is a student center that help students find job and internships. I have heard many great reviews of center and I plan on using it within the next week.
  • College Senior
  • Value
I love my major at my school! I believe that my professors are well educated in that aria and that they are the reason why I want to major in Communication.
If I could do it all over again, I would choose my school because it is cheap to attend. The professors are very helpful and they actually care about you. You are home, which helps a lot at certain times.
Though there are many students who don't know exactly what path they may choose, there are also students who do know what their future will hold and know exactly what steps to take to make it happen. For any confusion the students may have, the counselors on campus cut the fat and really lay everything out straight in order to help these students to success. I'm always impressed when I see someone in such a thankless job go above and beyond for a greater good.
  • College Junior