Azusa Pacific University Reviews

2,429 reviews
One of the best parts about APU is the orientation weekend put on by the OAT office and the rest of the departments on campus. APU does a really great job of welcoming in the incoming freshmen and transfer students. Another great part about Azusa Pacific is the vast number of resources available on campus for all aspects of life. From top grade library resources for research to a pastoral care and mental health counseling, APU provides a vast number of resources for their students and alumni. One aspect that is underrated at APU is the student-professor/faculty connection. Since most class sizes are small, professors are very much invested in their students and are willing to work with them to achieve their goals. Professors are very helpful and are willing to grow a relationship with their students both academically and socially. On-campus life is awesome and many clubs and organizations are available for everyone.
Azusa faculty were accessible and knowledgeable. I felt they truly cared for my education. I had a terrible student teaching experience, though, and was refused the right to change teachers or schools (even after a petition was brought to the dean by my site supervisor). Overall, it was a great education and experience.
I think Azusa Pacific is a good school and has a good student environment. Though the school is a bit expensive, the academics are very good as the school itself has a nice environment.
Review Azusa Pacific University
First semester, I lived on campus to experience housing. The dorms themselves are nice in comparison to most dorms I saw during campus tours. However, most students are uptight including the RA's, they like the idea of being in everyones business but they are not really there to make your life any easier. The "student life" is not diverse and it feels harder to fit in as someone who is not Caucasian. There is no unity unless if you don't share similar religious beliefs. I decided to commute; fitting in was hard and housing was just too expensive for the experience I was getting. It was simply not worth it. The professors are nice and seem passionate about their jobs and their students. Furthermore, I do not like the fact that APU has a three day chapel attendance requirement every week. It should be optional like most surrounding Christian Universities or at least one day a week. Azusa Pacific has not provided me with the college experience I envisioned for myself.
Azusa Pacific University is so kind and thoughtful. Everyone was so willing to help me get where I was going, and even went in a different direction than they were going to help me.
Azusa Pacific is a nice campus. I love how the atmosphere is. The school and classes are always kept clean.
What I like about Azusa Pacific University is that the student life is very lovely, I see students interact and it motivates others to do so as well. I enjoy the professors teaching with enthusiasm and having discussions with the students. Azusa Pacific helps students grow academically as well as have a spiritual connection with Jesus Christ. It is good to see young adults involved at the chapel and succeeding their academic goals. Azusa Pacific is full of intelligent and well-educated students who strive for the future to help improve the world as leaders.
I absolutely love APU. Professors are very welcoming and very helpful. My experience so far at this university has been amazing especially because it is a Christian environment and God’s Word is praised and respected within the campus. Everyone is very friendly on campus including students and faculty. I am enjoying my time at APU especially because even though I am a commuter I spend lots of time at school in the library and in different club meetings. In this school, there is also lots of options of clubs, courses to take, and even food options which is amazing. College life in general hasn’t been easy especially when it comes to tuition but all of the support from my professors had made me fall in love with my campus in such a way that I rather be at school and be productive then actually stay home and relax. I would encourage everyone who want to find Christ in their life to apply to APU because you will experience new things that you would blessed that you are a part of APU!
I am a transfer student in my second semester of my first year in college. I transferred to this school because of the opportunity I found that this school has to offer me. It is full of great people and amazing professors who are all here to teach what they love with the integration of faith. I strongly believe that God has a plan for me and that I was supposed to end up going to this school. Although financially it was a struggle, the counselor I was fortunate enough to have guided me through the process and made it possible for me to attend this school. I could bit be more thankful for those whom I have met in the transfer process and the helpful faculty APU has.
Really nice environment. The teachers are very friendly and willing to help you. Parking on the east campus can be a little crowded, so it would be best to park on the west campus.
I am having a very good experience here at Azusa Pacific University. The teachers really care about you, the people are really nicest, and its pretty easy to make friends. Chapels are so much fun and so beautiful. I absolutely love the music, and the food is really good as well.
Very personable teachers made my experience an enjoyable one. I was able to connect with them on a deeper level than the teachers at my community college. This school gave me a great experience in academics and my faith.
The professors are incredibly nice and understanding. If for some reason you are sick and you can't make it to class and you email them, they are very understanding and will let you turn in the work through email. Also, a majority of them make themselves available to you both academically and personally. The students are also really nice and friendly.
I love APU! I love the community and energy that is built in to the campus! I loved taking classes for the first time in my life that had faith integrated. I personally think the food is great; there are tons of options and it tastes good! I do not like the parking though. Being a freshman with a car, I have to park at the other campus which takes 10-15 minutes to get to. Other than that I love it!
I love the academics at APU. I'm in the honors college which has been really amazing. My other major is psychology and the professor's ate great so far. People are usually nice, but I've struggled to make friends . I wish there were more healthy dining options.
I absolutely love APU. The professors are awesome and very helpful. They truly care about their students and are there for you when you need them. They also do an excellent job at integrating your faith into the courses. Although there is a lack in diversity, certain student groups and offices, such as the international center and the office for diversity and reconciliation, help fill that gap. Choosing Azusa Pacific University was the best decision I have ever made and I would highly recommend it!
I really love the school, its a really great community to be part of and the professors really care about you and want you to succeed.
Review Azusa Pacific University
Amazing experience at Azusa Pacific University. Diverse culture and friendly people all around campus. Instructors are great at teaching course material and provide an environment for asking many questions. Lively on campus housing with many events for people living on campus as well as commuters. Clubs such as intramurals and writing club really provide students with a number of options of joining clubs to become more invested in their majors or just for exploring new ideas in life.
I love the community! Everyone is stop loving and friendly. Professors care about you and there's a song sense of belonging. Many support groups are available and success is eminent.
Im new to Niche ans have so far found it easy to use and navigate. I havent run into any problems. Theres a lot of easy no essay scholarships.