Azusa Pacific University Reviews

2,472 reviews
I am a entering APU as a transfer student and they do a very good job of transferring classes for me. They transferred 80 credits which put me in senior standings. The counselors work very closely with you every step of the way to make sure you are all set for your start date. They may be expensive compared to state schools but they make up for it with the amount of scholarships that are given for attending and transferring.
I would like if APU had a requirement of how many chapels to go to during a semester instead of going 3 times a week. I would also like to see a change In food choices; eating the same thing almost every day unless if it's the weekends, they boost up their meals.
I’ve only been here for 3 months and they’ve been the best time in my
Life the community that surrounds APU is phenomenal and the professors really care about their jobs making the learning experience much better, it doesn’t feel like I’m going to school, it feels like a family.
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University
So far at APU the academics have been wonderful.Student life is pretty good, but feel that it could be bettered. Not much diversity.
This is a tough school to go to. You pay a ridiculous amount of money to feel like it goes no where. eat mediocre food every day you're here, and constantly feel indifferent about the inherent "fakeness" that comes with the christian culture of this school. I will say that. for all the cost, The education is high quality.
I absolutely love everything about APU, it is so welcoming and it is a fabulous school academically and socially.
I really like this university and my experience here so far has been very good. The people are very loving and caring. I wish the athletics were better and more competitive.
I like how the professors and faculty are willing to help you in any way possible and they show that they actually care. The scenery is nice, however, it is next to a kind of sketchy part of town so be careful walking around campus. I feel safe as there are a lot of campus safety officers walking and patrolling around the campus. The food here on campus could be a lot better and the timeliness of getting the food (especially the Den) can be a lot better, especially when the food being served is pretty subpar at best. The housing on campus is very dated and the furniture that is supplied in the housing (University Village) is not very reliable. For example, the first week upon moving in, there were several issues with the A/C (leaking), the microwave was not working, the fridge has no light, the dish washer was not actually cleaning the dishes, and the toilet did not work for a week.
Overall it is a great university. However, the chapel aspect is kind of overwhelming and unreasonable at times especially with mandatory attendance every week. The community is okay if you really get involved and get to know people. There are several opportunities to get involved and options for everyone. Getting a job on campus is fairly easy to come by, but you have to put in the effort. Employers do not reach out to you individually unless you apply. Parking is a pain and there is never enough, so if you live on campus, especially if you’re a freshmen, only have a car on campus if you’re working off campus. Otherwise it’s not worth the price of the parking permit.
Very nice place. The atmosphere is very peaceful. The faculty is very welcoming and the students are super friendly. Though there are two different campus's to go from, there is a nice enough gap in between classes which is helpful.
Small class sizes, supportive staff and faculty. Great nursing program; very happy at this university.
The professors are passionate and care about each student, and the community is one of the most welcoming that I've ever experienced.
I'm a junior at APU. I have loved my experience thus far. My professors really care and invest into their students. Campus community is everything I could have hoped for as an incoming freshman.
Academics is one thing that is less stressed in APU. Excellence is what APU talks about, but not practiced by the majority of students. I am not saying the professors do not uphold the standard, somehow, and for some reason, there is a lack commitment.

Diversity. The majority of the students are Caucasian, then Hispanic, Asian & Black. Asian population, especially Chinese is increasing year by year.

Professors in APU are exceptional. I really mean that. They are all about the students. They form their lives around the students.

Dorms and housing are not the best, nor safety around campus. Azusa is NOT a safe neighborhood. Occasionally there are shootings outside the campus. Theft and robbery are not uncommon. BUT, safety inside the campus is guaranteed, for Azusa Police Department is on the campus and is on constant watch, especially during three required chapels a week.
Azusa is literally the best school ever. I have been to a few and I absolutely love the atmosphere and all of their teachers. I received my bachelors there as well as my current program for my credential and masters degree.
My experience attending APU has been nothing less than fantastic. Everyone you meet — whether it be professors, fellow peers, custodians, and so on — welcomes you "home" and makes you feel a part of something larger than life. With the entire faculty being faith based, positivity, hope and encouragement are major factors as to what make Azusa Pacific University such a desirable school. Not only do they genuinely care for the future of their students, but they also have an extensive number of resources that they allow students to utilize to “get ahead of the [career] game,” such as a Student Career Center that assists students with actively obtaining temporary and permanent jobs. Overall, APU has proven to be one of the best school I have ever experienced.
I love APU the care and support that I received from fac/staff was worth it. I felt loved and supported within my field and within relationships. My faith was challenged and I grew in so many ways.
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University
I appreciate the fact that it is a smaller university with smaller teacher to student ratios. We are able to build stronger relationships with both our collegues and professors. However, coming in as a transfer student was also difficult since most people know each other since freshmen year and have formed a strong bond already. Nevertheless, I found people were very welcoming and inclusive.
APU offers an excellent way to meet and engage with other students through on-campus events and organizations. The weekly sporting events are also a fun way to meet other students in order to be a mentor and/or friend. The transition into college is hard, but APU has been a great place to learn and get acquainted with our faculty and staff. I have felt very supported thus far.
Azusa Pacific University values there students and take care of them. They are a christian school that has strict values in regards to it. They are an excellent school