Azusa Pacific University Reviews

2,546 reviews
Do not go here if you’re part of the LGBT community or a minority. You will be discriminated. You are not welcomed. Administration threatens to remove scholarships and club memberships to those who are LGBT. Student life sucks. Food is okay. You will not get the college experience you’ve wanted unless you’re very religious and alladat. Campus is not appealing at all compared to every other universities. Even the community college nearby is so much larger. The separation of campuses is such an inconvenience. Chapel 3x a week is integrated into our schedules. Many are devoted. Many are trying to get their way out, resulting in secretly being on our phones and hiding in the back during chapel. Sports games are lame. Surrounding city Azusa is ghetto. Overall bad school unless you’re a nursing major.
Azusa Pacific University has opened the door of possibility for my future achievements. One of my favorite things about the school is the involvement with the professors in the students lives. They genuinely want a relationship with the peers to help them succeed. Community is key in success, so this made me feel prepared for my future.
I personally love the school, I grew so much in my first year spiritually and personally and I'm so excited to see what the future holds and how the Lord will use me to do his will!
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University
I like azusa pacific university because it incorporates faith into the curriculum and classes. I am a nursing major and the classes focus on taking care of the patient as a whole which is very important to me. Also they have intramurals and my residents advisors have been really great. I wasn’t sure about the school at first because I didn’t have many friends but after a while I got friends and now I love it.
Overall APU is a good school. There are a lot of professors and counselors that really care about you and want to see you succeed at APU and in your life after graduating from the university.
Overall a great school. The location isn't great, but the academics are hard to beat. Plenty of opportunities for students to get involved.
For the most part, almost all of the professors genuinely care about the students being successful and accomplishing their goals. They go out of their way to help you in any way that they can. They are the ones that really make attending this school worthwhile.
I love the environment. Each student is so kind. You never pass anyone who doesn't smile and/or say hi. The professors genuinely care about the students and want whats best for them.
I’m not attending there but I have searched it up and it seems like a good school. It’s religious which I love! Also it’s a private school and they offer my major.
Love the school. The staff has been extremely supportive. Everyone has been encouraging and helpful. Easy to access information such as grades and transcripts.
The diversity is not that great, professors are pretty good, I feel like the administration staff is also very sweet. I did not think that the financial departments was very helpful which prevented me from continuing my education.
Good Christian school with a good focus on how students can impact whatever industry they go into in a Christian way.
Honestly, if it was not for the people that I have met, I would have transferred a long time ago. There's this very hipster, nature-loving, no shoes or Birkenstocks wearing, kumbayah kinda fake culture that I do not fit into at all. However, I was able to find my kind of people through the very few "diverse" events/outlets on campus. If it was not for the Black Student Association and the other ethnic organizations on campus I would have been miserable. Professors are nice for the most part and they really care about their students. Food is ok. There's a Starbucks. The Libraries are pretty decent. The living areas are decent. Sports are ok. Football and Men's Basketball are the most attended and praised sports on campus. Track and Field is the third most watched but only when we host. Location is great, about 30 minutes (without traffic) from Downtown LA. There's a metro station about a 5-minute walk from campus.
APU was a really good school. I went there all 4 years and now I'm a graduate student there. I made a lot of amazing friends there. Definitely not a party school though! :)
Azusa pacific is the right fit for me. It is a christian college where i can pursuee God and my lifelong dream of becoming a police officer. I cant wait to come here and be connected in such a strong community with other people with the same goals and mindset
Azusa Pacific University is a well-rounded school; although it is relatively small, I believe that through the academics and student life, students feel right at home. There are a variety of races that walk the halls and it creates such an open environment for positivity and great discussions. Also, not only are there a lot of athletic games to watch but the school is in a perfect area for students to roam and explore the city of Los Angeles.
I was a transferred into APU from a local community college. I was impressed with the resources available to students and all the opportunities to get involved with the school and the local community. Students are required to be involved with some form of volunteer work before they graduate, and I believe this is a necessary component to enrich learning. All of my professors were extremely personable and willing to assist me whenever I needed it. The facilities available to students to succeed are wonderful.
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University
I am excited to begin my journey with APU as a graduate student. From the time I have spent preparing for this next step, I have enjoyed the interactions with professors and my cohort. There is a beauty in this school that is trying their best to learn and be open to the world around them. The campus is beautiful but the city of Azusa is pretty scarce. There is not much to do around, and also as far as diversity there isn't too much diversity, but as a private Christian affiliated school that is pretty average. Overall, I know APU has a great reputation amongst other schools and I am a proud APU Cougar!
My favorite part about APU is interacting with my professors. Of the ten professors I have had in my first year of college, I have found all of them to be passionate, dependable, and selfless.
Though some of them were not always clear on assignment deadlines, all of them displayed a great passion for helping my colleagues and me to succeed. I recall quite a few instances in which I saw some of my classmates lining up to ask our theology professor a question about whatever the current assignment was during that period of time.
I also remember a time when my statistics professor helped me with my community service team project. He met with me in his office and we discussed how to format the surveys for the project. If he had not assisted me with the surveys, I would not have been able to finish my project. Thank you, Mr. Szeto!
Every employee at Azusa Pacific are extremely well trained and have an outgoing genuine personality. Everyone seems to want the best for you and will bend backwards for you to make sure your experience is stress free and smooth. It has been quite the experience.