Azusa Pacific University - Online Reviews

First, my experience in college has given me a chance to sharpen my skills in my field of choice. There have been, and there will continue to be, many opportunities to learn more ways of improving my craft as a result of my time in school, which I am truly thankful for. For example, the Writing Center at my school has taught me many writing tips and rules that I was unaware even existed, and would still be unaware of had it not been a part of my experience. Because of this, I realized I still had a lot to learn despite what I thought; but this allows me to improve my skills more as I continue to attend school and also gives me more confidence in my area. And as a result, I know one day this valuable experience will help me in my search for another one-a rewarding career.
Azusa Pacific University College has the best programs for an online degree. You are assigned a counselor who checks up on you every week or every other week. They are there to help you in any way they can & they truly show that they care about your education. The professors are also able to
reach out to your counselor if they are worried about you. They courses do require a lot of studying time but you definitely learn something!
My current experience at Azusa Pacific has been incredible. You have the ability to have a flexible schedule for those working full-time. Professors appears to be very supportive and success coaches are helpful in every way. I think one thing that can change from their online program is to offer more interaction with the professor. For instance, providing online lectures, conferences, etc.
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University - Online
Classes offered are relatable to my degree and interests. The studies are interesting and engaging. The learning portals are very user-friendly. Clear expectations and challenging.
The online program is what you make of it. If you think you're going to just read a few books and enter your work in occasionally, you are so wrong. Yes, you can be "uninvested" in your class and submit once a week and be done, but it causes a lack of engagement. You really have to work to get the most out of your education. Professors are highly qualified, but don't interact unless you reach out first. It is basically a self-study where your peers are helping you learn and your professor corrects your work that you submit weekly. It can be more than that if you choose to engage. For example, professors are available via skype and emai.
As a graduate of the MA and PsyD program, I was deeply disappointed with the learning culture at APU. Under it's current leadership, I watched the graduate psychology department shift their focus away from the "God First" Christian values and academic rigor promoted by the university toward an emphasis on the ideology of political correctness. If you ascribe to politics of the left, you will feel right at home. If planning to attend this program, expect to hear the drone of progressive rhetoric about the evils of white privilege, micro-aggressions, homophobia, inclusivity, xenophobia, and stereotyping. While multicultural diversity and liberal values are celebrated at APU, those with different views would do well to either abandon their more conservative values, remain silent, or be judged and labeled.
I love the overall experience at Azusa pacific university. There online program is ran very well and the teachers really want to help you succeed in the online community and make themselves available whenever you need them.I would love to see more diversity
The professors are very helpful and easily reachable.
I don't pay attention to Greek life
I don't really pay attention to the athletics
All the profs and faculty I've met have been very helpful and seem dedicated
There is a major disconnect in relationships online.
It is relevant to my major.
Social atmosphere is great everyone is respectful
Everyone treats each other with respect
There is a lot of team spirit. You will always see someone wearing or carrying school gear.
The coaching staff, I have to admit that if it wasn't for the unconditional support I have received from my success coach, I might have to question whether if I would have made it this far.
Start Your Review of Azusa Pacific University - Online
Every time I have reached out to the administration my concerns have been answered promptly.
I haven't really been exposed to the Greek life at my school, therefore I would not be able to share my perspective on it.
At Azusa Pacific University I have found my reason and meaning for further pursuing my education. I have a clear plan of the goals and time frames of when I will complete them. I have a vision of where I will be in not only in one year but 10 year from now. I have found the support and motivation to keep me on course during distressful moments. I am now beginning to feel that my life has a purpose. I already feel developed and capable of taking on the world and offer my wisdom to make this world a better place.