Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Chesapeake Reviews

Overall I felt that it was a major let down. The biggest selling point they use to get you in the door is that the classes are 80% shop time when, in reality, it's almost entirely class room time and even then they arent so much teaching you as giving you a paper and telling you to go google the answers. The testing is a joke and most of the teachers just present the finals as power point slideshows in "review" format, meaning you can copy the answers and it is usually word for word what is on the final exams.
This school provides a terrible education and inaccurate expectations and instruction on real world aviation maintenance and the culture these students are getting into. They overcharge, and super greedy with fees, equipment throughout the program isn't included so there's extra charges along the way, when it comes to money its pretty common to have account or money issues come up every few months if not monthly for your first year there. Been to a couple of schools and the time I have spent here has been very disappointing from the lack of competent instructors, to the rules and guidelines placed on students, to the lack of and terrible security provided to students while at school, to the money issues and terrible cohesion with the VA for military students using their GI bills, including wasted and lost benefits from how they report to the VA.
very convienient , geared around each indivisual students needs
Start Your Review of Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Chesapeake
career services works quickly to get you a new job asap
classes are small, teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about making sure all students understand each topic before moving forward towards new topics
My overall experience was excellent. The entire staff was helpful which made the enrollment process as smooth as possible. They took me on a tour of the facility and answered any questions I had.
The cost to attend this school is expensive and often times we as students depend on the refunds from financial aid to assist with food, transportation, and school demands. Almost never do you get to receive and refunds cause of tuition, lab fees, housing, books, etc. Its really a struggle to just make it to class and survive. This is my reason for appling for this scholarship for assistance.
Well after moving here i had to adapt to the schools program. The school itself offers alot in a very short time, but some of the students attending should think about their career field. The moral at times can be low due to the type of students enrolled in the programs, but overall knowing why you are there is worth the struggle of acheiving a successful career.
The online courses allow you to be better prepared for testing and certifications. The information availiable to you is great in learning abot real world experience.
The absolute best part of AIM is career services. The chances of getting a job upon graduation are very great. The job board is constantly updated. Some of the posted jobs are not aviation related, but they offer jobs using the skills we have learned. The career guy offers career cafe about twice a month to give interview, career search, resume, and other tips to help with the job placement process. I am excited to graduate and am confident that I will be able to put my degree and certificate to good use.
Non-Traditional Experience – As a trade school, we do not have any sports teams or clubs to speak of. There are no traditional dorms, no meal plans, and everything is located in one building. However, we are unique in that we a small student body which allows everyone to get to know each other. We also have a WWI aircraft that is being built from the ground up. How many schools can say that they built something awesome and then will get to watch it fly? There are also various activites offered by student housing such as movie nights, basketball games, and trips to amusement parks. We have an awesome career guy that will do everything he can to find us jobs upon graduation. Did I mention that we get to work around airplanes and various components day in and day out? AIM also offers day and night classes. This school is certainly different from the university experience, but I like it a lot better. I know I'm biased, but really, we get to get out of the classroom and get practicl experience.
Library resources are good. However, the number of computers compared to the number of students is not satisfactory, especially when it comes to class projects. The network has been known to be down, making classroom instruction difficult for the instructors. The school does have resource personnel, but the network is still not reliable.
Content With Choice – The instructors, career services, and student services are very helpful. As far as classroom instruction and career preparation is concerned, the school does well. However, the equipment is subpar, and the lab fees are too expensive for the equipment and shop time we do get. Also, the administration is not always helpful when it comes to financial aid. While there is an open door policy, students are not always able to meet with the administrators. Overall, the school is average. The classes are preparing me for A&P certificate I will obtain when I graduate. I'm glad I went to AIM, however, I would not recommend it to other students.