Overall Niche Grade
- Student LifeB-
Aviation Institute - Chesapeake is a for-profit college located in Chesapeake, Virginia in the Norfolk Area. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 172 undergraduate students. The Aviation Institute - Chesapeake acceptance rate is 100%. Popular majors include Aircraft Maintenance and Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician. Graduating 50% of students, Aviation Institute - Chesapeake alumni go on to earn a starting salary of $26,100.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Students also applied to ...
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Average Total Aid Awarded
Students Receiving Financial Aid
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that the workload is easy to manage.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Chesapeake
Most Popular Majors
Aircraft Maintenance42 Graduates
Heavy Equipment Maintenance Technician0 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
More opinions are needed to display this poll. Take our survey
Colleges like Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Chesapeake
- CBryant & Stratton College - Hampton
- 4 Year
- Hampton, VA
- 98 reviews
- B+Aviator College of Aeronautical Science & Technology
- 2 Year
- Fort Pierce, FL
- 22 reviews
- CThomas Nelson Community College
- 2 Year
- Hampton, VA
- 525 reviews
- B-Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Philadelphia
- 2 Year
- Philadelphia, PA
- 5 reviews
Aviation Institute of Maintenance - Chesapeake Reviews
Overall I felt that it was a major let down. The biggest selling point they use to get you in the door is that the classes are 80% shop time when, in reality, it's almost entirely class room time and even then they arent so much teaching you as giving you a paper and telling you to go google the answers. The testing is a joke and most of the teachers just present the finals as power point slideshows in "review" format, meaning you can copy the answers and it is usually word for word what is on the final exams.
My overall experience was excellent. The entire staff was helpful which made the enrollment process as smooth as possible. They took me on a tour of the facility and answered any questions I had.
classes are small, teachers are very knowledgeable and passionate about making sure all students understand each topic before moving forward towards new topics