1. Danville, VA
  2. 4 Year

Averett University Reviews

Great professors and amazing programs! It's a dry campus which is problematic. The atmosphere on campus can be uncomfortable for certain students but groups such as the Freedom Alliance and the Black Student Union are trying to change that.
The students are friendly and welcoming. The professors are knowledgeable of their fields. Classes provide hands-on experience. The campus is compact.
I HAVE BEEN THEIR ON ORIENTATION 3 TIMES. THE PEOPLE ARE GREAT. THE CAMPUS IS LAYEDOUT IN A FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE AND PARKING IS AMPLE AND FREE. THE CAMPUS LAYS IN THE HEART OF DANVILLE. THE PROFESSORS THAT I TALKED TO ARE PEOPLE FRIENDLY AND WANT THEIR STUDENTS TO LEARN AND AT THE SAME TIME HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE. I CAN NOT WAIT TO GO THEIR IN JANUARY.
People are people, no matter what their ethnic or racial background is. We are all Americans and all Americans deserve to be treated with respect, when earned.
Drugs and alcohol are everywhere. Just don't participate!
This will be my first year at Averett University. However, my siblings attended Averett and are now very successful. I am looking forward to my own experience.
The city where this is school is not the safest, and it is starting to affect the are around the school. Security will take their time to address an issue on campus.
Not many students can get an internship. Career center is helpful.
  • College Junior
  • 10 months ago
  • Value
The apartments and Fugate are the best options and should be the only ones. And even those need some help. All other halls need to be fixed. They should have been fixed like 10 years ago.
All the money in the school goes towards athletics, by the looks of it. The residence halls only dream of getting repaired and renovated. Sports are big but only few actually make a name for the school: tennis, basketball and women's volleyball.
Do not attend this school. It is not what is pretends to be. Sports are a top priority at this school while academics seem to be last. You will not get your money's worth. They will make college life non-enjoyable. Many people transfer after their first semester, some even before that. Which leads to a retention rate that is very low. Do not fall for the amount of aid they will provide. Also they act as if they are a religious institution. For the last time, do not waste your time and money by attending this school.
There arent many security cameras around except for looking into the success center. The security guards are not typically active around campus unless they hear of issues happening around campus.
The cost is a bit too high for how small these "residence" halls are as well as how old the building is, with almost no renovations done in the past 100+ years. The bathrooms are also not the cleanest except maybe in the music building and Frith. The floors and ceiling are caving in especially in the gym under Davenport (which is where I live). There are always bugs crawling everywhere and the rooms have tons of holes with paint covering them as well as mold in some rooms.
  • College Freshman
  • 10 months ago
  • Housing
Most of the student here are athletes but there are not many fan supporters for the sports. Mens Basketball is the main focus and every other sport has very little support. Golf and Soccer have the least amount of people that come out to cheer them on. They must keep their grades up which is a great motivation for them but lots of them go out and party rather than study. A lot of them are kicked off the teams from what I have seen.
They made the school seem better than it actual is to drag more people into it since it is so small to begin with. I enjoy the small class sizes and the one-on-one with professors, but sometimes choosing courses you have to choose a filler-in just to get up to 15 credit hours. I would not choose this school again and would much rather go to a community college first if I had a redo. The scholarship given was the most helpful and positive thing about this school too.
I wouldn't know about any because I am a mom.
I don't know of a party scene. I am a parent.
The academics are wonderful at my school.
No one looks at anyone like they are different. Everyone is accepted.
Have not heard of any drug or alcohol abuse on campus.