Ave Maria University Reviews

Ave Maria University is a great school. Whether you are catholic or not you will be able to find a place there. In some aspects the school is too focused on catholicism and I would like to see them put more effort into student life and athletics.
I liked the academics and the professors; the classes are challenging and the professors are always willing to help. The food really needs to change; it's terrible.
There is a strong Catholic identity and a close knit community at Ave Maria University. The only downside is there is not much to do around in the town.
Review Ave Maria University
Ave is a great traditionally Catholic college that provides a challenging liberal arts education. The professors are very intelligent and are willing to help the students learn. The students and staff are very friendly.
I absolutely loved my experience at Ave Maria University. I met some awesome people and learned a lot about myself. This school also really helped me to grow stronger in my faith.
Ave Maria University is a very limited place to be. If you don't have a car, you are trapped here, as the nearest city is a 45 minute drive away. In the town, there is absolutely nothing besides a Publix and a gas station. It is also very hard to fit in socially. There are "aves" (strictly Catholic, judgmental people) and athletes who only attend here because they got athletic scholarships. The programs aren't very good. Unless you are a theology or education major, you may struggle finding help and resources for your major.
The bar is open late and people are always trying to start small parties or stuff like that to have fun on the weekends when bored. They dont usually get out of control.
There really isn't a huge party scene that happens.
Academics are very important. Professors are always helpful and the curriculum is up to date and challenging. Registration for them can be difficult. It is best to do it as soon as it opens. Workload is average.
While minorites are accepted, there are not that many.
Some people do drugs but they don't bother others
Class sizes are small. This offers for more intimate learning experiences.
Most students find jobs right after graduation and pass board exams.
Our campus is very concerned on safety. We are given numbers and directions every year to help in case of emergency. Only disregard is that campus should be lit better at night.
Campus housing is good. Girl's dorms could be a little bigger. More rec space and laundry space is needed.
We do not have Greek life. We refer to them as households. They are tons of fun and are a huge part of the school.
There is school spirit at this school. Athletics are a little above average.
Review Ave Maria University
Due to its small size, Ave feels like a family. From adorations, to football games, to households, this school has created so many memories. I would choose it again.
I think the campus is very safe, and I have no problem walking around at night. There is a campus security person on duty at all times, and the students generally don't get into trouble. Crime on campus isn't much of a problem. Other than drugs or the occasional theft there are not many issues.
The career services on campus are pretty good. They care about helping the students get jobs and continuing in their careers. There are a fair amount of internships and job prospects available. Not a lot of employers come to recruit on campus though.