Austin Peay State University Reviews

1,163 reviews
Austin Peay is a great school for someone who wants to experience the college life but isn't prepared to go to a large college (which can be overwhelming). It's considered a "small" school but it isn't so small that it's boring. There are plenty of activities and parties, but not too much to where you can't focus on academics.
Over all APSU is a great school. It is not perfect but it is a great place to learn and grow. The school was not my first choice however i am glad that i ended up here.
I have only taken dual enrollment classes at Austin Peay, but they were high quality. The campus is pretty, for the location, and the teachers know what they are doing. I definitely recommend Austin Peay if you wish to go into education, as it is well known for it's education curriculum. The food on campus is okay, but around campus there are many great restaurants. The dorms look slightly old though.
Review Austin Peay State University
Austin Peay is a very diverse school. I really like that the class sizes are small. People are able to get more 1 on 1 attention. It gets boring sometimes and the local area is extremely boring. It's 45 minutes away from Nashville, so most people drive there to have fun. There's not much crime either. It's a pretty decent school.
I love Austin Peay, it is absolutely a great school. The people on campus are friendly and are always willing to help, including the professors. There are so much resources that help you be successful and classes are not insanely large, so the professors actually get to know you.
Austin Peay is a community and a family. The faculty and staff support the students and will go to their ends to help a student succeed. Campus life is ever involving and accepting.
The campus is really beautiful and there's always something going on. The advisors and teachers make time for you whenever you need help or advice and they are just overall very friendly. There are also many eating places on campus that offer a variety of food.
Austin Peay State University is a great school, it is somewhat a diverse school but I would like to see that improve more. The staff and students are extremely nice and helpful. Austin Peay is a small but, yet beautiful school.
My experience at Austin Peay was great! Great school, great teachers, great environment, and even better people! My first semester at AP was the best, i wish I still went there.
Decent School. A little on the pricey side, but has a good return on investment. This is definitely not a big party school. The athletic division is okay. Our basketball and baseball programs and events are fine. They do offer a great opportunity for adults to get an education.
Austin Peay has been an amazing experience for me so far. The campus life is so inviting and due to it being a smaller campus in a smaller town, class sizes are smaller, which means professors actually care about their students. The nursing program is amazing and have given me the tools to succeed in my future career.
Austin Peay is awesome. I'm a retired solider and it's a great environment for solider. There are plenty helpful services on campus.
Overall, Austin Peay is a really great school that has a lot to offer for their students. They offer lots of clubs and activities for students to go to. The dorms are wonderful and the teachers are down-to-earth and eager to provide their support. The only thing is that it's a dry campus with not a lot to do nearby.
My experience at Austin Peay state University had it ups and downs. When I first started this school I was a transfer, and some of my credits didn't transfer. It was stressful starting over especially after I found out they didn't offer my major/degree. What I like about Austin Peay is after my first year there they showed me that they was there to help me through my years as an undergrad. Austin Peay kept me motivated to finish with a degree, and gave me hope to become a better person. I never thought I would ever came this far in school. It's a shocker for it to be my last semester. One thing I would change about Austin Peay is having more classes at night, so it will be more convenient for people with later jobs instead of taking online classes.
I liked the fact that it is a smaller campus so it gives you a great chance to make new friends. Classes aren't too hard to walk to, however, some teachers are so horrible, they have known nicknamesome about how horrible they are, and they always prove to be true, yet, these teachers do not get fired.
The academic staff are wonderful and encourages open discussion on just about any topic. They are more than willing to work with students who have unique situations. One thing I would like to see changed is permanent staff in the Veterans Affairs Dept. There is no continuity because a majority of staff are part of the Work Force Study and it's hard to get a straight answer about using Veterans Benefits.
It has been a very exciting and notable experience. I am eager to continue my education at this establishment. The atmosphere is welcoming, and the professors and my peers are charming and helpful.
Review Austin Peay State University
I love my school but when they lowered the tuition for students within a 250 mile radius, they lowered my scholarship; which I feel they shouldn't have been able to do. I warned that scholarship prior to the new 250r tuition. I signed a paper for a 4-year scholarship! So this year has been extra difficult trying to pay for school.
I like how open the university is , you can be yourself without anyone judging you , and the professors work with you if you fall behind in class, they give you opportunities to get back on track , and the school has many resources to help you be successful in college
In the short time I have been at Austin Peay State University, can truly say I have been blown away by the amount if clubs revolving around volunteering, the amount of diversity, and the amount of care the professor show for each of their students.