1,805 reviews
  1. Austin, TX
  2. 2 Year

Austin Community College District Reviews

1,805 reviews
My experience at ACC has been great! The instructors really care about your success and are willing to help you achieve your academic goals. They make sure you understand the material and take the time to explain and answer any questions you may have.
Austin Community College is a great community college to get a head-start with your college career. The professors at Austin Community College provide a sometimes difficult, yet beneficial learning environment. These are serious college-level courses, but you will thank yourself that you went to Austin Community College before attending a four-year university!
I really love that the campus and class are small and personable. I love how it is community based, and all the different learning options they offer.
Love, love, love Austin Community College. I'm completing my Associates in Business Administration this Fall 2017. I couldn't be happier when I decided to join this Campus back in 2014. Student life activities has motivated me to open myself with college students and help out in the community with school projects. The professionalism of this College and professors is beyond amazing exactly what I needed to become encouraged into accomplishing my goals. I am highly satisfied and proud to be a Riverbats!
For the most part I love ACC! The biggest class I've been in had 36 students, my professors have been very kind and helpful, and I think my education basics are solid through ACC.
Coming from a low-income neighborhood; I never thought going to college was an option for me. I started attending Austin Community College by obtaining my G.E.D. Once I obtained my G.E.D. I took a couple classes here and there, just to see what the big fuzz about college was all about. I then realized that I not only love learning, but that college was not a far-fetched dream just because of my low socioeconomic background. Through my experience at Austin Community College I have been able to gain the academic skills need as well as successfully transferring to a four year University.
The thing that I will never forget about Austin Community College is that the professors want their students to succeed. They were always willing to stay after class if a student didn't understand something. I honestly didn't think that college would be like that. Not to mention the staff that worked in the Accelerator always had a friendly smile on their faces. You felt comfortable and safe while you were there. The only thing that I would change about Austin Community College is add some "Disabled Veteran" parking for veterans like myself.
Austin Community College is a great college because of how easy it is to set your class schedule plus there selection of programs are good as well. Classrooms are not to big so you get more attention from the professor.
Austin Community College is the right way to go if you want an education without paying excessive college fees. It fits everyone's budget as there is help from FASFA making it easier to pay for school. ACC is also very flexible with my work schedule as I still get to do both at the same time.
This depends on what professors you have and which campus you are on. How committed you are to your education and how much time your have
This is a good school to to basics at if you're on a budget. I personally would prefer to transfer and graduate elsewhere however this was a good school to start at
I enjoyed my first semester of nursing school. I enjoyed meeting my classmates and the professors were great. They were really helpful in trying to teach and open the opportunities to be exposed in the clinical setting at the hospital.

What was tough, was the stress of the check-offs, and exams. I think it is stressful enough to take the pre-reqs to get into nursing school, then have to wait to hear if you can start. It is also very uncomfortable to have the stress of making a 75 to continue in the course. Some students end up with a 74, unfortunately they can not move on, they have to retake the course if they want to continue.
These are the things I like and dislike about Austin Community College.
They don't live up to the expectations of Collin County Community College. The Financial Aid people were not helpful, the application process was not easier, and just generally the professors were more thorough and tougher. I prefer to KNOW the subjects I study. ACC does not live up to Collin Community College standards. I will do what I will at ACC to get into UT but Collin was so much better. It's still better than Bryan- College Station (Blinnergarten). But no where as good as Collin College. The cost is so much more and frankly the online based classes are too much work (approximately 20 hrs a week per 3 hr. course by me) and I have cancer sheesh!
I love their very friendly and inviting ways towards all students, they really ensure that you grasp the concept in classes and provide so much help!
I love how everyone is so friendly and willing to direct you where you need to be. They respond to issues, calls and/or emails in a timely manner. The newest campus, Elgin Campus, needs to have more resources like the other campuses.
Well so far, AC is a very wonderful school. They have great professors & counselors that are there to help every step of the on your journey.
I have really liked my experience at ACC so far. Most of the professors are great, and the staff for student resources is awesome too. I love that their are a lot of campuses, which gives me more options of where to go. The prices of the classes are very reasonable as well. One thing they could work on is offering more online classes for people who have children, jobs, or other responsibilities that can't bring them to class.
the location of the campus is really confusing to the student! make the student have to travel a lot if we want to get a good proff
Austin Community College has a great class options and professors. However, if you are looking for a place to get involved this college is not for you. People come and go and there isn't much student life. This is a great place to start and save money especially if you aren't quite sure what you would like to major in coming out of high school.
Overall, an excellent place to either start your college career or earn a degree fast. Affordable tuition, but be careful to check your professors for classes each semester. Good professors have their classes fill up quick, so be ready to register on time. Definitely prepares you for a 4-year university and for an actual career, if you go with one of their vocational plans. Real world experience given where applicable.