Austin Community College District Reviews

2,235 reviews
Great experience also. The campus offers online tutors if anyone has trouble understanding the material.
It's a great college to start in, and very helpful with helping you decide on what you want to study for
ACC is a great college for every to study and pursuing their education by transferring. It also give students a chance to pursuing higher through many scholarships.
Start Your Review of Austin Community College District
Professors at ACC are very nice and open to help students more understand while study online due to COVID-19.
I am taking all my class online due to Covid-19. On the first day the professor starts by explaining the layout of the semester and how to navigate the online format.
I loved how I can start going to college in an area next to home. I also loved the way austin community college classes are setup with a limit for students in a lecture room.
I would like for the staff and advisory to be more aiding towards students and easier to communicate with.
Some professors can be difficult to communicate with. It would help if professors made a bigger effort to adjust to online learning.
Love austin community college! I went to the elgin campus which is a lit far but very small and classes had max 30 people. Very nice campus, clean, security was always present. People were polite and it was very easy to study there. As for austin community college as a whole they always have good resources and communication to students from admins and staff was very good. Good school to go and to get your start in college. They do have a very good veterinary program and I think there is talk of a new nursing program as well. They worked with my high school to give us a chance to get our associates degrees while in school for free!
Online classes are good however some professors struggle with accurately testing students without them cheating. Luckily many use Respondus Lockdown Browser which is easily accessible and efficient. Many professors have adapted to this way of teaching and engaging students.
Here at Austin Community College, there are many experienced professors here to help EVERYONE. I highly recommend this college to anyone planing on transferring to a University because many credits will transfer over to the new institution. Not to mention, classes here are extremely affordable to get you into the new career of your dreams. Thank you ACC!
It might be tough for some one to concentrate at first but once you discipline yourself effectively, classes become easy as can be. Professors are understanding and will respond to your emails in a decent amount of time. I enjoy online classes the most due to the fact that I wont be anxious about social situations.
In general my experience at ACC has been well, the only thing I would probably want to change is more availability for certain classes. For example a class I need is offered either online or only at one campus that is about 30-45 minutes away from me. That is an issue because I prefer in-person classes, but I am unable to drive that far for a singular class.
Due to the pandemic, all of my classes are online. Some teachers are adapting well, and then some teachers are not adapting as well and I feel like that hinders my learning.
very good and helpful. teachers are engaging, receptive, and knowledgable. offers online and in person classes. school replies quick to any questions or concerns. you can tell teachers just want to help the students learn.
Currently taking a semester online and it has been very helpful. Learning from home is now accessible and easy. Professors respond quickly to any questions and even offer one on one assistance if needed.
My online experience was great. All of the professors are flexible and incredibly helpful. I am able to learn online as well as I was able to in person.
Start Your Review of Austin Community College District
Austin Community College is a great school to start out at. It is affordable and offers many of the same things that bigger universities do!
Excellent student resources, counselors go above and beyond to help students succeed and find the right career.
Flexible, easy to navigate. Online classes were easy to navigate, professors provided a lot of feed back.