Austin Community College District Reviews

1,939 reviews
I like that ACC is so affordable. It has provided me with a lot of options I would have had otherwise. The campus buildings are in decent condition and I have had some really amazing professors, particularly in classes like anatomy & physiology and microbiology. They also have a number of program options for those interested in nursing, from traditional degrees to mobility degrees that allow those with EMT certifications or other similar level certifications to bridge to a nursing degree.
Counselors can tell you conflicting information so you may be better off doing your own research for your degree.
I have enjoyed my time at Austin Community College. Most of the Professors at Austin Community College care deeply about the success of the students who attend their classes. The student population is diverse and while attending Austin Community College, I have met a number of friends and been a part of many different study groups. The only thing I can suggest for Austin Community College is to even out the quality of each building/campus. Each campus is vastly different from the other in quality. Some are very large and updated while others are small, old and less appealing.
Start Your Review of Austin Community College District
Most of instructors are patient and hard working. However, some of them need more practice for teaching skills.
My first semester here wasn't good. But my second semester made up for that. I loved going here. The music department is amazing all of my teachers were laid back and chill. Just as long as you attended and did work you'd pass. The cafe was pretty good too although it was small still a great place to chill. The teachers actually take the time to teach you. But the quality of the eduacation really depends on which teacher you take.
Austin community college is a wonderful opportunity. I have been attending school on again/off again for the better part of a decade and they have made it accessible and affordable. ACC has grown quite a lot over the last decade, and with that, sadly comes growing pains. They have expanded their roster of classes, and offered unique ones such as jewelry, ceramics, etc But, the classes are becoming less dense and more spread out throughout the campus locations. Traditionally, a university is in one spot. But the way ACC covers the 20-mile radius it services is by having multiple locations. Sadly, this means that not all classes will be in the same location. For example, next semester, my chemistry class will be in south Austin, and my chemistry lab will be in Round Rock, 10 miles north of Austin, just because of a scheduling conflict. If I could change anything, I would offer more class times for classes and reduce the amount of niche classes, such as bowling or billiards.
Austin Community College is a very diverse school, i like attending due to accessibility and the atmosphere of all the campuses.
Austin Community College District offers a high quality of lecture and instruction. I have been studying here for about 2 years now and they have made it quite simple to tranfer what with their Honors program and all. ACC also offers trade programs like welding, construction, and technition to name a few, which is awesome because some students like to experience more than just their core classes.
I love my school. I've consistently had great professors that go above and beyond to ensure success in their students. I have taken both online and campus classes and have great experiences with both. I have also attended multiple campuses for one reason or another, and I've found them all to be clean and well organized. There are places for food on or nearby all campuses, and many are very affordable. The school is open late, which is essential around mid-term or finals. While there is always parking, you will need to get to school before 8:30 AM if you want prime parking, and the parking passes are very affordable ($15 per school year). Admissions was very helpful when I first started registering for classes and helpful in transitioning from a part-time student to full-time. Student services has been essential in helping with all of my financial needs. Over all, ACC is a great school that I would highly recommend!
Most of the teachers are great and student life is awesome. I think more consistency between campuses would be a good change.
They’ve been very nice and helpful on my beginning journey in college. When you start or try to begin going to college and can be confusing and stressful, but I love how everyone is very nice to guide you along the way.
Austin community college is a great place to go back to school. I’ve been off and on from school for a few years and this school made it easy to get back into the swing of things! Helpful staff and engaged teachers are what make it. Multiple locations for easy access and tons of class times for a flexible schedule.
I enrolled at 17 and was scared about moving 3 hours away from my family. The faculty are all very caring and take the time to get to know you and make you feel accepted. Almost everyone is friendly and they make it so that you actually almost look forward to going to classes. They offer a very wide range of majors and have just opened up their own vet tech program with its own building and facilities. They always keep students notified about ways they can stay involved with their communities. They also offer services such as free counseling and tutoring for anyone that goes to the college. They even give students the opportunity to apply for jobs at the college such as librarian assistant and kennel attendant and allow them to use the experience like a work-study. All-in-all it is an amazing school and I have yet to have a bad experience.
I love Austin community college the professors really love teaching and helping students. The community events are the best and educational for everyone. As well it really is affordable anyone can go and learn. Another thing is that if you want to transfer to another college they make it easier.
As community colleges go, ACC is pretty good. There are a ton of courses available, including several online options to increase flexibility. The professors can be a bit hit-and-miss, so do your research before signing up for a class (RateMyProfessors.com is your best friend!). The campuses are well-maintained and aesthetically pleasing. I, and many of my friends, are dual-enrollment students at ACC, and we really appreciate the opportunity to get a head start on college-level academics.
I am supposed to start in the summer but so far trying to navigate through all the websites from home and getting everything together on my own has been kind of a struggle. I think it is very confusing the way they have their website set up and so far that is the only thing I would say that I did not like and would change.
My experience at Austin Community College so far has been overall a positive one. I feel like I have gained a lot from my courses, and I have been able to join the honors program as well. The quality of the academics here are great, however just like any college you have to watch out for bad professors. The administration here is not the best at helping out students and it can be a pain if you need to argue a grade or withdrawal you've earned in a class due to extenuating circumstances. However, I feel like the curriculum has set me up to succeed when I transfer and I have saved thousands of dollars by starting off here.
Start Your Review of Austin Community College District
Pretty good community college, all the professors I have had are very experienced in their respective fields, usually with around 20+ years experience. Not much around campus but a good learning environment focused on getting students what they need to get theit certificates/degrees.
ACC is not only extremely affordable and accessible to all students, it is an exceptional an welcoming community that focuses on helping each individual reach their academic goals. Although many students are strictly focused on their academics and not too interested in becoming involved with student life, programs and activities for those who are interested are available at all the campuses.
I love it. Great flexibility with lots of offered courses. Location and time are biggest challenges for continuing education for myself. ACC allows me to start here and get there! I am on a mission to provide for my family and better myself in the process.