Austin Community College District Reviews

1,840 reviews
I like how the community college is helpful, very helpful. What I would like got change is for professors to help on emails other than a person to person interaction.
ACC is very affordable and I feel like you get the quality of the big colleges but at a very reasonable price. I think overall this is a great community college to start out at and then transfer over to the college of your choice. ACC has several two campuses to choose from. The bad think is that they seemed to sometime not have enough people working at each campus.
I liked how affordable it was to take basic classes before transferring to a university. They offered various methods when it came to classes . The teachers at Austin community college care about their students and try to accommodate to their needs .
Review Austin Community College District
I love the atmosphere in Austin, as well as, the Government/ Business Internship opportunities. Austin Community College is definitely a great option for students searching for affordable education in a big city.
I really enjoyed attending Austin community college. I felt as if I was getting an education from the top universities in Texas. I had many professors that actually were dual professors in The University of Texas Austin and Austin community collage. There are many campuses all over the Austin area that made it very convenient too attend weather I moved north or south in the area. I Had been attending Austin community collage for 6 years and have changed my major a total of 4 times. I am a very indecisive person and being able to take classes in each major helped me come to my decision and ACC allowed me to do so. The only complaint I have is that the "out of district" tuition was pricey considering that some of the Acc campuses were located right across a house or an apartment that were out of district. I think that the state should broaden their availability for in district tuition.
This ins one of the best community colleges I have attended. The staff is great and there are soo many campuses to choose from. They also have one of the highest credit transfer rates in the state.
My experience with ACC was great, the professors are great and they care very much about their students, the campus is nearby my apartment so getting there is no hassle, everybody there is so friendly and its such a welcoming environment.
When I transferred to ACC from my country I was so nervous because it meant I needed to start all over again with my college degree. ACC made it so easier, I'm planning on transferring to UT next fall and ACC is helping me to accomplish that dream of mine. The teachers are excellent they always want to make sure you do your best and they are there to help you if you're stuck. The counselors will guide you to the right path for your career and give you the best options for you to accomplish your degree. The student life is great; everybody is so diverse and friendly so it's so easy to make friends too. ACC has become part of my life and i'll be forever grateful with them for opening their doors to me.
My experience as a dual credit student taking ACC classes as a junior and senior in high school were amazing. My professors took a genuine interest in my education and were always there when i needed them. I'm so grateful for ACC and how they have helped me.
Austin community college has allowed me to seek a 'dream career path' I thought previously impossible. Before going back to school I had been a homemaker, with four beautiful children, and watched other children in my home to help supplement our income. I became close friends with one of the mom's while watching her two children. At the time she was going to ACC to get her 'Associates of Registered Nursing' degree. I admired her strength, and determination, and thought how amazing it would be... When my youngest started first grade I thought it was time for me to contribute, monetarily, to my family and community in a greater way, but at 35 I was only a high school graduate and did not have much work experience. I confided to my friend my hidden longing to become an RN, and so it began...
It' a very nice campus with a lot of diversity and things to do. When I took a tour of the campus the staff were very nice and friendly to see me, which made me feel very welcome. ACC has all the newest technology and facility to use which is really nice and modern. I just love this ACC
A lot of the teschers are amazing however the students are the ones that make it not worth while because some don't take anything serious, overall pretty good though.
All of ACC campus are great and every safe even at night, which is a big thing for me since some of my classes are early and some are later in the evening. The instructors are very understanding and helpful. Great place to go to college
Very easy to take class around personal life. There are multiple campus all over Austin and surrounding areas.
I love how the signing up for classes was never a hassle. The professors understood that being a college student is never easy so they made sure to never overwork us.
Professors were great. Excellent resources available to help you succeed, including tutoring services. Safe environment and friendly staff.
this is my first college i have ever been to. I go to the round rock campus it is a really nice campus. I love the way is was set up. now it under to much construction and it makes it hard to walk around to get to classes. they are doing and finding a parking space is super hard. some teachers there are great, and other are bad.
Review Austin Community College District
I have been going to several Austin Community College (ACC) campuses off and on for several years, since I graduated from high school in 2000. ACC is convenient, cheaper, and a smaller feel than a four year university. I recommend this option to anyone for the start of the college experience.
Austin Community College is a great place to start your college education or to return to your education. The professors are fun, professional and quick to help and answer questions. It's tough enough to help you learn, grow and stretch, but doable. The difficulty of a class depends on the professor and the subject. Most people in general should be very happy and satisfied with the education ACC provides. The professors and staff are also usually very understanding and helpful to students.
My experience at Austin Community College was very resourceful, with friendly and reliable professors and staff. Tutoring was available for extra help, and also the library and computer lab were available. I don't have any complaints about college.