Austin College Reviews

My experience at AC was great because of the people I met there. The friends I made, my on-campus job and some of my professors were truly worthwhile! However, the rigor, competition and outright favoritism of some professors make this school a challenge is your looking to compete in Pre-med. Overall, I've seen worse and better schools and ended up transferring for various reasons, but don't regret my time at AC.
When I made the decision to come to Austin College I was so excited and ready to learn. Soon after arriving and attending classes my opinion changed. The professor to student ratio is really nice, but if you are not a teachers pet or a "favorite" you will not get much out the the professors. While I did meet my best friends through the school, the student life is all over the place. The size of the school makes everyone very clichey. The Greek Life opportunities are present, but it's really who you know to get in. If you turn one down they also tell everyone they know how bad of a person you are even if it isn't true. The housing situation is honestly horrible. The dorms are old and gross, and it is very hard to get out of the dorms until you are a junior. They won't let you live off campus until you're a senior so they can trap you into having a meal plan. The food in the cafeteria is gross, there are not very many healthy options and they often reuse food.
As an Austin College student, my experience has been nothing short of exciting and educating. The campus is clean and nice. The faculty and staff are extremely helpful. Courses are rigorous and student life is beyond exceptional.
Review Austin College
Austin College overall is a very good school academically. They challenge students and encourage them to work hard inside the classroom and out. The facilities at Austin College could be improved. Some of the facilities are not up to date with the current needs of the students.
This is a solid school. I got to change what I was studying quite a bit my freshman year and I'm still able to graduate on time. I know my professors well on a personal level. There are parties and greek life if that's what you're looking for, but there's enough other things planned that you don't need to party to make friends and have fun on the weekends.
I love everything about this school. If you prefer a small high academic school with small classes and professors that actually know your name and care about you and your future, this is the school for you. Plus, I am on the basketball team and I have a great coach and team. We do a lot of group activities and service projects together to help the community. Being a D3 student athlete allows me to be fully invested in both academics and athletics, as well as have the time to make personal connections with both coaches and professors.
I visit Austin College while on a field trip with my students. The college seems like a real awesome place for a study the is interested in studying aboard. Tuition is pretty expensive, so what would be great is not being force to stay on the campus.
My experience at Austin College thus far has been great. Yes, I have had ups and downs but that is apart of being a student in college. One of the greatest things about Austin College is the relationship you can build with your professors. Since Austin College is a small campus with a small student body, it is very easy to talk to teachers and get help whenever you need it. I have developed a good relationship with all of my teachers and many faculty members who are not teachers. The downfalls of Austin College in my opinion are minor for the most part. The biggest downfall of Austin College is the tuition. The blessing is that the financial aid office is very willing to help everyone out as much as possible. From and academic and social standpoint, overall I would say that the amount that you are paying for tuition is worth it in the end.
Overall, the school provides an excellent, world focused, and well rounded education for their students. It has a killer pre med program, and all the faculty is wonderful. I would love to see a greater investment in the arts. the art building itself is great, but the music building is in desperate need of an overhaul. The music faculty are extremely intelligent, and deserve a facility that matches the rest of the school.
This is a great school for college students that take being a college student seriously. It's got sports. It's got parties. Neither of those two things are the main focus at all, but they exist. It's small, cozy, and green. There are squirrels and little study nooks everywhere. People are, for the most part, kind, understanding, and here to learn as much as they can. The classes are small and personal and I have yet to meet a professor here that I didn't like. Living on campus is not at all luxurious for freshmen and sophomores, but it's tight knit and feels like home. The only complaint I have is the food. It's like a half-step up from public school lunch and unless you have money for eating out, you're eating it for breakfast lunch and dinner. Overall, it has its quirks but it's home.
The school overall is great and seeing that it is in the top 40 most life changing colleges has been proven in my time here.
A degree from AC goes a long way. This school is highly renowned and when employers see a degree from Austin College, they know that we have received a top-notch education and work toward a very high standard.
The classes here are tough, but rewarding. The students are held to such a high standard by the professors but are also very well supported by them. Grades are given fairly depending on attendance to class and, of course, class performance. Professors are very available and facilities like the library, computer labs and study rooms are readily accessible.
Frequent student body meetings are had over things like sexual assault and discrimination. These things are not an issue here because they are made so aware by our staff. There have been a few cases of accused assault, but this has not been a recurring problem at our school.
There are several options for on campus living; however, you are restricted by what year you are. Also, on campus housing is very expensive, regardless of the quality. Repairs that I had to pay for last year were ridiculously priced and seemingly unfair.
Greek life is a lot of fun and very involved. As a member of the Gamma Gamma Gamma fraternity, we participate in various on campus events as well as activities around the community. These events can include service events, or philanthropy events. And of course, parties are always a fun part of greek life at AC.
As being a member of the Men's soccer team, the athletes at this school are recognized and supported, but they are not made a great priority. This school is and has always been recognized for its academic success. There has not been that much athletic success so its popularity has not gotten the chance to really grow.
Review Austin College
Austin College really pushes you to expand your view on the world. The teachers encourage you to think critically, and your classmates inspire you to see things from a different point of view. I cannot imagine being at a different school and my experience here has changed my life in so many positive ways.
Greek life is a big part of our school and has a much better role than just the "party-throwers". All Greeks strive to make an impact in the surrounding community and find ways to improve life on campus. They take part in a lot of community service. There is also a very good relationship between greeks and non-greeks where everyone gets along and can work together.
Athletics and sports are an important part of our school. However, the best part about it is that there exists a balance. Sports such as football and basketball are greatly supported but so are other "smaller" sports and clubs. The facilities for all sports are kept up-to-date and the facilities available to non-athletes are also great so that everyone can participate in the physical activities of their choice. School spirit is always displayed at every sport, competition, and club. The students will stand by their fellow classmates no matter what the sport is.