Austin College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Neither required nor recommended
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.44 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.52 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.52 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.56 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.56 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.16 responses
Austin College Reviews
My experience at AC was great because of the people I met there. The friends I made, my on-campus job and some of my professors were truly worthwhile! However, the rigor, competition and outright favoritism of some professors make this school a challenge is your looking to compete in Pre-med. Overall, I've seen worse and better schools and ended up transferring for various reasons, but don't regret my time at AC.
Austin College takes academics very seriously and the classes can be very challenging. However, I was able to play football while attending and completed the pre-med prerequisites while majoring in psychology. Even though I was pre-med the whole way through, I decided to go to law school and the rigor of the Austin College classes has prepared me greatly for all the challenges that I have faced.
Everybody at Austin College genuinely seems to care about you. The access to a mentor throughout your college career was something that was unique to me. Having somebody who is there to guide you towards success is an incredible tool. While the college isn't perfect, I believe that it will only get better in the years to come under the current leadership.