Aurora University Reviews

This is a horrible university. The professors are terrible and the education is third rate. Avoid at all costs.
Aurora University is a good university. The professors are knowledgeable about their subjects and teach in a way that is easy to learn. The professors challenge the students to achieve achademic greatness. As a student athlete the college and professors have treated me well with how busy I am with practice and lifts. The areas that Aurora University could be better is the food in the cafeteria and the dry campus. This can be fixed to allow Aurora University to expand.
What I like about Aurora University is that there is a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. It is not only the administration, but the community surrounding the University as well. It is small and quaint, so sometimes there are people walking their dogs or kids playing in their yards, it feels like home. Something that I would like to see change is the parking situation. It is nearly impossible to find parking if you get there any later than 10 am, and it can be very stressful
Review Aurora University
I thought this was a great fit for me before classes started but when they did, I realized many of the people are odd and stuck up. If you are a commuter, don't bother going here because you won't make friends. Most of the professors suck and don't know what they're talking about. The advisors all tell you different things which is very irritating. Multiple times I have seen students walking around with NO SHOES on. I wish I would've chose anywhere but here for my college education.
Over all I love my experience at AU. You have professors who care about you and know you by name not student 3459938. If I could change one thing about Aurora University it would be the parking. Looking for parking is a shark tank , but it has taught me how to time mange myself so I do not have to worry about battling for parking.
I rated Aurora University a 3 out of 5 overall. As far as athletics, some of the coaches from the athletic department are more concerned with the drama between the students than actually doing their job. The actual athletes on the other hand have obvious talent on every sports team here! I can tell that the school does try to make the campus food tasty and do different things but I give the food a 1/5, I'm someone that loves to cook and eat and the food here isn't the best to me. On the other hand the professors are amazing and seem to really care for the success of their students. As far as diversity, the school is pretty diverse but there has been some racism issues. The dorms are really nice and keep a clean look and really feel like a home away from home! Safety on campus definitely is not a problem here. Campus safety does there job very well!
Love the small campus and how the professors seem to really care about their students and what they teach. Greek life is really lacking, it's almost as bad as the food. Community bathrooms in the dorms and limited suites/singles available. Parking during the day is difficult if you leave M-F between 8 and 3. The university is in the middle of neighborhoods, so parties can be difficult.
After you GE courses, the classes involving your major have a small ratio of students to Professors. The campus is very nice and although the school has over 4,000 students, it doesn't take very long to know many of your fellow students.
The only downside is the food service program. It is run by Sodexo, a very large food services company. The foods choices are too processed. There needs to be a lot more fresh fruit and vegetable, along with main courses without all the sauces and gravies.
Really nice and friendly staff. I really liked the spacious dorms and dinning area. They also have a variety of majors and programs to choose from.
I liked the buildings and they have some really good resources in the library for the students. Also tutors and additional help is free.
Even though its my first year here at Aurora University, I do not regret coming to this school. This is my second home, and I never felt so comfortable. The staff and students are very nice and they welcome everybody into everything. They are very on on one with the students and make sure that students get the best experience when attending Aurora University.
Aurora University does have great programs and decent activities to do, especially trips to plays and other activities for free. It is not really a party school, so this school is more for those who are serious about studying.
Admission Counselors are super friendly and help a lot by telling you about the school and all questions you have!
A week before school started all of the freshmen came for the welcome weekend and it was a lot of fun getting to know my fellow classmates. We were all put in groups and a junior/senior AU student and in my group we were all education majors. I took a year off from school so I was worried that I would not do well but all of my teachers are great and understanding. Although I do not like my schedule that much because 3 days during the week I have my first class from 8-9 then my second class from 1:15-2:20, then another class from 2:35-3:40. But I am just trying to make the most out of my free time and get my homework done in that time. So far I have joined 4 clubs on campus and 3 of them are volunteer work. The 4th club is called Educators Rising and it is perfect for all education majors such as myself. It has been pretty great so far and can not wait to do more on campus.
A little expensive, but a lovely place to stay,
Since this is an extension school, we don't really have sports on the level of the university. I am also living off campus and am in a graduate program, so I don't get very involved with those activities as someone living on campus as an undergraduate might be.
I love my school. It is actually an extension of a larger university so the class sizes are small. The teachers are very engaging and make the classes interesting. I love that there is a lot of discussion in the classes - it really is active learning rather than just listening to lectures. The school is on a beautiful property that just makes you feel good to be there. I would definitely choose this school again or recommend it to others.
Review Aurora University
The "greek life" on campus isn't really greek life. Its mainly a volunteer club but its have some sorority stuff too.
The Alumni hall and athletic facilities are really nice, and the gym just got redone o thats super nice.
I love AU and never really wanna go back home, all my friends are here and its a blast. Also Athletic Training is the best and being a major in it is equally rewarding.