Augustana University Reviews

An honest review... Depending on your major, there are extra fees- and depending on how you change your classes, you could be charged thousands extra. After handing all of my hard-earned money over for an experience I didn't feel was worth the price tag, I was very disappointed, not to mention completely broke. They make it out to be so great, but the attitude of the staff completely changes once they find out that you're not full of money. Now a big chunk of my life has been wasted, and I don't want anyone else to waste theirs. I'm not the only one who holds this opinion- many young adults in Sioux Falls feel the same way (but are embarrassed to speak up because of financial reasons). Don't be intimidated. Make sure to find out where your money's going!
Augustana University is a great school to attend for any Science or Business majors. The professors are very well educated and willing to help. Augustana has a very diverse campus. The only downfall is the dorms. They are very old and small.
Faculty and staff are truly outstanding. Not only will they do everything they can to make sure you know the content of the subject they teach, but they will go above and beyond to prepare you for life after graduation.
Start Your Review of Augustana University
I am a high school senior that will be attending Augie next year and let me just tell you WOW!!!! It's an amazing campus that really focuses on the communication between a teacher and a student. Teachers are always available and there's not very many students in each class so you really get the most of your education. Great food and just an overall amazing campus that I am ready to spend the next four years of my life at. Some people can't handle the cold, but growing up there and having all of my family in the area really seals the deal. Also knowing that I get to play where I grew up and where my family is, is truly a blessing.
I like the small school feel Augustana has. Surprisingly everywhere you go it seems somebody knows a person who went to Augie despite only being a school of 1800 students. I love the fact that your professors know you by name given the small class sizes in general. Campus is safe, the academics are rigorous, and our athletic teams are some of the best in division II. There isn't much I would change other than I wish the food was better and that campus architecture was a little more diverse and not just a bunch of brick buildings.
Augastana is a great university. Professor's expect excellence from their students, but are willing to meet with/help at any hour of the day.
I like the enviromental, is a really confortable place, the food is good most of the time. Is a really good opportunity for international students like me.
Augustana is a great school with incredible professors and amazing opportunities. The classes are rigorous but rewarding and you really know you’re getting a valuable education.
Teachers are usually nice and willing to help if you ask them. New science building with state of the art equipment. Dorm life is below average, bathrooms in the dorms aren't very clean and the dayrooms are usually trashed.
I really love Augustana, the staff is wonderful to work with and the students really network among themselves!
Moving from California I thought I would be lonely. Early on I met great people and the incoming freshman classes are amazing. I would recommend the school and the town to anyone looking for a great education.
Augustana has a rich cultural and academic environment that allows students to flourish and gain necessary knowledge in a field of their choosing. The faculty beats any other faculty.
My experience at Augustana University has been everything I imagined and more. From the beginning of my relationship with AU, I have felt special and valued. The Admissions Department is superb - campus visits run smoothly, student ambassadors are friendly and helpful, Admissions Counselors are great and ready to answer any and every question. Campus life is great - first year residences are not too different from any other university BUT the free laundry is a major bonus! Also, free mini fridge/microwave units are available in every room. Printing services are more than adequate - 500 free pages per year (I only used about 200 this year!). Dining services are adequate and they're always looking to improve. Professors are superb - open door policy makes visiting offices much more inviting and professors are so accessible. Classes are informative, relevant, and challenging. Professors will work with you in any way to help you understand information and better yourself as a student.
I love the community feel at AU. Everyone is connected and it is awesome to be able to see a friendly face everywhere you go. The professors are incredible and truly care about their students' success.
Augustana University is a small college campus that really focuses on creating a close community. Professors are always willing to sit down and help you with any problems you are having in class and even in other future choices. Students put on so many events to promote that community atmosphere and makes it easy to make friends.
I love Augustana's small size and beautiful campus. It's location in Sioux Falls gives it a nice balance of city amenities and rural charm. Class sizes are small, but that being said, it is very difficult to get into the classes you want. The professors are very caring and knowledgeable. The food in the cafeteria is average, and nothing special. It is a very affordable price for a private university (many comparable schools cost upwards of 50K a year) and the students are friendly, not snooty or pretentious. It is a good dating scene if you are interested in women, because they make up about 75% of the student body.
.................................................................................................................
Start Your Review of Augustana University
I was only enrolled at Augie for a semester, but I met some of the best people I know at Augustana University. Great friends, some great professors, and great staff. Sioux Falls is a really beautiful place, but as time goes by, it gets really boring. If you are an international student who wants to go to Augie because of their dual degree engineering program, don't do it unless you can afford to pay the partner schools with no financial aid. Trust me. That was the reason I transferred out and I don't regret it. They only provide financial aid to American students in the program. I do miss some of my friends there, but I still talk to them now and then. Some of them transferred out too, claiming it was too boring. This university shouldn't be your first option.
Augustana University is a place where you can go to grow and learn more, not just about the world, but about yourself as well. It has a beautiful campus and wonderful professors who are always there to help. It a smaller University so it allows you to get to know your professors and learn from them at a personal level. This also shows you how passionate these professors are about their subjects and all they really want to do is to give you as much knowledge as they can so you can be just as passionate about it a they are. It is an academically challenging school and should not be attended lightly. Although it is on the more expensive side, the experience is more than worth it. Augustana gives its students tons of opportunities to travel abroad and to expand their knowledge.
LOVE the professors, somewhat difficult course load as a Biology major. Friendly people, small campus.