Augustana University is a comprehensive university located in the heart of Sioux Falls. With 100 majors, minors, and pre-professional programs for undergraduates, the University is committed to enriching lives and fostering development by combining a foundation in the liberal arts with professional skill and advanced study.
Our mission: Inspired by Lutheran scholarly tradition and the liberal arts, Augustana provides an education of enduring worth that challenges the intellect, fosters integrity and integrates faith with learning and service in a diverse world.
Augustana University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.20 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.20 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.20 responses
Business Administration and Management53 Graduates
Elementary Education29 Graduates
Political Science and Government19 Graduates
Corporate Communications13 Graduates
Kinesiology and Exercise Science13 Graduates
Spanish Language and Literature13 Graduates
- of students say they don't have Greek life.23 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.34 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.14 responses
Augustana University Reviews
You can double (even triple!) major in various subjects, there's no pressure to find (or keep) a major from the get go, and the staff (who you'd do well to get to know) are literally some of the nicest people I've met on this planet. Because it's a private, Lutheran-affiliated university, some people think that the fun isn't going to be so present, or that you have to be a certain type of person to get in. Not true at all! I work there (*ahem* work study, anyone?) and have seen all types of people walk through those doors. Plus, the place is totally happening. There are so many things going on there that I couldn't possibly list them all.
You've got your intramurals, regular sports, tons of clubs, and general activities that anyone can join in on! Augie is all about studying abroad, and a great amount of people take advantage of that program. The dorms are, well, dorms. But, they did change one of the options to include a microfridge (a.k.a. a microwave/fridge combination) in your tuition, so that you don't have to bring one yourself. There are some funky old buildings from the 1800s still standing (Admissions and East Hall), and people usually just like to hang out on campus, because, as I mentioned earlier, there are so many things to do.
If you're already going to attend or are attending Augie, awesome! Go Vikings! If you're thinking about making Augie your next step, then I'd definetly recommend it.