Augustana College - Illinois Reviews

Augustana students and faculty like to portray this institution to be perfect, yet I have to say that this is not nearly the case at all... Diversity sucks, and the minuscule student population makes it even worse! The surrounding communit is extremely far from pleasing, the poverty is blatant. With that being said-- there are very few, if any, restaurants that are desirable--which is a HUGE letdown. The people who attend this school are also extremely attached to their high school cliques, which is also something that one does not expect going into college. On the bright side, this school has great residential areas/ dorms for its students, along with some pretty decent food. The professors are also truly dedicated to their jobs, and it shows. Yet, I would NOT recommend this school to anyone, there are many more places one could go to for far less money.
I love how not only students but also the faculty and staff are extraordinarily welcoming and helpful since the beginning of my freshman year, from moving in to finding great local food, from class registration to dealing with papers/assignments to thrive in courses. There is always something going on around the campus, either a concert or an outdoor activity. Augie students can hop on any local bus for free (one only needs to show the school ID)! And for Asians, there is just a perfect place for you to curb your savory and sweet appetite!
Augustana College consists of a welcoming and diverse student body alongside the beautiful campus. Augustana's academic programs are outstanding and beneficial for all students. Students obtain the advantage of personal one on one time with professors and the ability to form many relationships throughout the classroom.
Start Your Review of Augustana College - Illinois
Augustana College is a great Liberal Arts option. The courses required for graduation have not only taught me new academic topics but has made me a better, more well rounded person in general. The Professors are tough but you can tell it is just to make you a better student. Where Augustana needs to improve on is safety as a whole. There has been quiet a few break ins this year and additional Title 9 cases that were not handled in the way that I feel was adequate enough.
Good choice of majors and located in a nice area. The students and staff are friendly. Lots of class choices to suit a lot of interests.
I am currently a junior here at Augustana, and so far my experience at Augustana has been phenomenal. Being a Liberal Arts college, the school requires you to take different types of classes, perspectives, which help broaden your horizon. Had it not been for that, I would have never thought about taking an anthropology class nor a science class, but I did. Those classes helped me and added another point of view for learning.
While there have been problems throughout my year, such as the chalking incident that criticized feminism or the burning of t-shirts, the school was quick to respond to these incidents with information. The President, Dean, etc. provided support and tried their best to make sure hate crimes like these don't happen again.
The school is not perfect, there's always going to be a flaw in whichever school you choose, but Augustana has grown to be a second home for me.
Good liberal arts experience with plenty of activities and a knowledgeable faculty. They are committed to finding students jobs and internships. Each student is given 2000 dollars to study abroad or to fund any activity they decide. Two negative aspects of Augustana is the price and the fact that the crime rate in the surrounding area is quite high.
I am an incoming junior at Augustana. Over the past 2 years Augustana has provided me many opportunities for personal and academic growth. Since coming to Augustana I have taken some great classes, joined many clubs, and even surprised myself by joining a sorority. Augie is a beautiful campus and I have found many great friends here. However, there are some downsides too. The WiFi is garbage (I recommend investing in unlimited data and hotspot availability). The biology department has been horrible at getting me into classes, despite my having declared the major spring term of my freshman year (my second major - Classical Studies - goes above and beyond to ensure I get into the courses I need in a timely manner and that I feel comfortable with my learning). Administration has not been the best but I have hopes for improvement from the new administration officials.
I attended this school for two years. I was very happy with the quality of education, how beautiful the campus is, and especially the caliber of the faculty.

Although I had a very positive experience before I transferred to a school better equipped for my major, I feel compelled to leave a negative review because of how poorly the administration handles sexual assault cases.

This is not an appropriate place for details, but please believe that this is a sincere accusation based on the experiences of sexual assault survivors who underwent the process.

I mean seriously... administration tells girls NOT to go to the cops, and instead are subjected to a hearing in front of a panel of random faculty, a RANDOM STUDENT from student government, and the individual that assaulted them?

Other than the administration's insistence on internally (mis)handling felony level offences, great school.

Ethan W - I left in 2016. Deans you know me.
I love how Augustana gives their students $2,000 for internships, study abroad, and more. They give out good financial aid packages to their students too which is very helpful and makes attending college easier.
I have experienced many great things in terms of social experiences and professors. Some of the curriculum can be modified, and some of my experiences with faculty have not been the best, but overall, I enjoy attending Augie.
Augustana College is a great institution which promotes well-rounded and higher level learning and thinking. The community is friendly and caring, and it is everyone's goal to make you feel right at home.
I really enjoyed the small atmosphere of the school. The teachers were able to give you more attention and individual help. The school always had something going on so there was plenty to do. Like all schools it, isn't perfect, but the atmosphere was pretty inviting and kind for the most part. I enjoyed the fact that it was really easy to study multiple subjects.
Augustana College is a fantastic higher learning experience. It offers strong NCAA DIII sports (I am a pole vaulter). Student life is fantastic as well. It boasts a fantastic liberal arts program. But Augustana also offers exceptional specialty paths for various professions. My neuroscinces program will prepare me for the MCAT and for med school with fantastic academics, research opportunities and internships around the world.
I liked how the campus was small, and one of the overall concerns was safety of the students. The campus seems to have a lot of safety precautions, which was nice. Also, everyone was super welcoming and wanted to get everyone involved in activities.
Augustana portrays itself as the perfect small school to high school seniors, but in reality is the most deceiving institution I've ever encountered. Do not come to this school. It is a money trap, and they will leave you with little to no opportunity to transfer.
I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have been given at Augustana and I regret none of the decisions that brought me here. I love our community and the fact that people generally care about one another and the world around them. Yes, Augustana isn't perfect, but I feel that steps are being taken to correct any imperfections.
Start Your Review of Augustana College - Illinois
Augustana College was where I took a completely big step in my life. I didn't think I would go to college because of my financial issue, but Augustana has offered me a path to success. Its community is friendly and makes me feel like I'm home. Professors and facilities here are very dedicated to students. The resources that Augustana offer is various. However one thing I don't really like about Augustanta is that the road system because it's not perfectly contracted. There are still holes on the road and small cracks. But in general, Augustana College is a good place to start my college life.
Great academic school with great professors who are always there to help out the students. All the sports teams are very fun to watch. Night life is lit
I am a freshman at Augustana and I have absolutely fallen in love with it. The community is wonderful, the athletic, musical, and social opportunities are endless. I would however critique my school in its budgeting abilities. The cost of living combined with a meal plan and tuition is incomprehensible. Especially considering the salary and houses of Principal Bahls. However, where Augustana struggles, there are also mainy areas where it succeeds. I have never been a part of such a welcoming, diverse, and accepting group of students. The academics, with the exception of my brief experience in mathematics, has been effective though very challenging compared to high school. I love my school and there are many areas that need change however, there is so much to appreciate in my day to day life here.