Atlanta Metropolitan State College Reviews

The teachers want to see you flourish excel and be successful. I think they should make it to where you can major and minor in different subjects.
So far,I've had a great experience at Atlanta Metro,the teachers are impeccable,and I feel very sure of myself when I'm in the classroom or in an online course.I am a dual enrollment student ,so the transition from high school to college early was very scary ,but everyone at Atlanta Metro made me feel welcomed.
Great campus! No diversity & professors aren’t as helpful & supportive. Student life is ok they try to make it like a HBCU
Start Your Review of Atlanta Metropolitan State College
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an average college but it does give you that one and one help that you do not normally find in any other college/universities.
Atlanta Metro used to offer classes that were very flexible to my schedule, however, since becoming a State College , they have removed several online and on campus courses limiting my once plentiful options. They could benefit from consistency as it felt that each year entailed another crucial change, changes that could even sometime negatively impact your program of study. I am grateful that I completed a majority of my core coursework and have been able to easily transfer to another university.
I would like to see better teachers, more lunch options, a wider variety of sports, and labs should be less than 3 hours if they are worth one credit.
Metropolitan College was a wonderful institution. They offered state of the art facilities. Up to date technology throughout the campus. An engaging student center. Also knowledgeable professors were always available when needed outside of class. The location of the campus is great.
My withdrawal form had not been put into the system, and there was new staff. I was in debt almost $3,000 for another semester I had unknowingly been registered for.
I don't really go to functions, but there are so many events for people to get involved. I think something that I would like to see change is that they build housing on campus, I think that would help a lot of students.
Overall the school itself is very beautiful, restricted and clean. The classes are fairly easy to find and take. The one issue I have a problem with are the administration. They do not help or always have all the answers which is ridiculous.
This school great for people that has families and full time jobs. I would like to see more student interactions.
The professors are helpful and understanding. The class scheduling is flexible, which works well for students with jobs. The tuition is not expensive and the food is delicious, especially the lunch special. The after school clubs and activities are enjoyable. The necessary changes I would have would be increasing the staff, especially in financial aid, and having more Bachelor Degree options available. Long story short, I love it here.
I like the small campus and class size that the institution offers. The tuition is affordable and the professors are very hands on with students and their success. What I would like to see is student housing, a better meal program, and more extra-curricular activities. I would also like to see more school spirit and the reinstatement of the school's basketball team.
As an freshman for the time being here, it's fine. Though they have their flaws, they know how to make up for it with the staff.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College has some great professors. The tuition is very affordable. It is apart the USA, which is makes Atlanta Metropolitan State College accredited in state of Georgia. However the cost of school is cheaper than any other state. Atlanta Metropolitan State College just started a four year program, which is the LOWEST costing school in Georgia.
There's nothing I really dislike about the school. It doesn't have any dorms but there are some apartments not too far from it. There is not much of a party scene or maybe i am just out of the loop,the academics are ok. I heard they recently got rid of the music program,which is pretty disappointing. The advertising for events is pretty pathetic,but the school does have like one or two events happening per months so its pretty good in that aspect. They also recently partnered with the georgia film academy so you can do dual enrollment there which is pretty nice,the food is pretty good.
When I went to visit and apply to Atlanta metropolitan state college I saw a great environment , great admissions counselor I worked with Ms. Shontae Hogan’s she know I really wanted to get into this college she helped me every step of the way told me everything I needed to know and what I needed to get done and I was able to overcome and get accepted into the Atlanta metropolitan state college , great Acadmeics and cool campus housing choices . I also saw a fresh start and better change within myself knowing it will be a good college for me to focus . I’m excited and I can’t wait until fall 18” so I can actually start on my career and work towards getting my bachelors degree knowing I am steps closer makes me feel so much better !
Start Your Review of Atlanta Metropolitan State College
Looking for the most affordable pathway to a 4-year degree? Start here at Atlanta Metropolitan State College. With formal transfer agreements to all the big schools in Georgia, you will be accepted with decent grades to any school you apply. The professors at Atlanta Metropolitan help students transfer to other schools by working with you to make sure your grades are where they need to be. You will get a solid education here, and an easy path to completing your Bachelors (or higher) at an affordable price.
Teachers are great they really help you and motivate you. Only downfall financial aid office lacks proper communication. You find out things way after the fact and you have a lot of running around at last minute that has to be done in order to continue education. Not good!!! It’s very hard to get anyone on the phone so your constantly running back and fourth to the school.
AMSC is a great school for every student. The professors here are awesome, always willing to help students.