Assumption College Reviews

Assumption is honestly a pretty bad school. most of the reviews here talk about how the community is welcoming which don’t get me wrong it is. but at any school, you’ll find your people. classes are very easy to the point you are at a disadvantage education wise, party scene is awful and i mean A W F U L. Not much to do on campus or outside of campus since it’s worcester. Campus itself has about 1 nice building, the rest is run down. Everyone here lowkeu knows the school sucks but just saying bc the friends they make, and quite honesty that’s sad. Find a school filled with oppertunity, challenges, and constant things to. Most other schools have hunderds of clubs,good party scenes, and more connections to aid your career. assumptjon is the opposite.
I had a great first year at Assumption! I was lucky enough to be recruited for the varsity softball team and I had such a wonderful time with my team and working hard for our season. My classes were also very enjoyable and I had very knowledgeable professors. One thing I really appreciated was how understanding my professors were about my athletic commitments. Campus life was also good as Assumption has a very strong and active community there was always something to do!
Great college community. Professors are involved, passionate. Lots of on campus activities with a beautiful campus but downtown Worcester has a lot of great restaurants and bars to go as well.
Start Your Review of Assumption College
I chose Assumption because of the community. Everyone is always willing to help others out and everyone gets close to each other. It’s a small school, and the location of campus makes it feel like your own world. Being a small school, I saw the same kids all the time and could know who was who on campus. I joined clubs where I was able to continue my love for music, theatre, sports, and to grow in my faith. I personally don’t mind the core classes because I went in undecided so it gave me a chance to make sure I wanted to Major in History and minor in English. The teachers always have office hours and Academic Support is always good to look over a paper or go over material for an exam. There’s always activities to do on campus on the weekends, whether it’s a sporting event or a CAB event. I just went to visit campus just because I missed the school and now I can’t wait to go back.
My freshman year I struggled to keep my GPA up I ended up on probation my second semester of freshman year. The amount of support and help I received from the college was outstanding. Now I'm going on to my junior year and have been able to keep my grades up and learn to get help when I need it. College has many quite study places. Everyone is friendly, I mean everyone!
ask anyone about assumption college and they will tell you they love it for its community aspect. it is a very welcoming community with a good student body and faculty.
I love the campus and the way students treat each others in a nice and friendly way. The community in which the school is located is very nice. The sports teams are very good and they are strong and they take people of all backgrounds and race. Assumption college is a diverse school and that is what I really love about it.
Assumption is a very welcoming school, the students are all very accepting and nice to each other. The professors are willing to help you whenever you need and are flexible to fit your schedule. The coaches care about how you are and how your doing. And the tutors are great, they have helped so much. The food at the dining hall could be better.
I would like to see the scholarship awarding system change. Since I commute after moving out of the dorms at the end of fall semester, I might not receive a merit scholarship of $12,000 like I did at the beginning of the 2018-2019 academic year. I would like to see this change.
What I like about Assumption is that the professors are very helpful, they not just lecturing, they make sure that the students understand the material.
I really hated Assumption when I went. I only stayed there a semester before transferring out to my state's school, which I now love. From my God-awful experience, I can tell you that my classes were really easy and juvenile. All the material felt like it could have been taught to a fifth grader. The other thing is that the college really holds your hand throughout your career; almost everyone sees a tutor (which isn't a bad thing, but c'mon have some independence), the professors still track you down like in high-school, and you need your advisor's approval to enroll in every class, which gets really annoying. As for the social scene, this is NOT an academically elite school. In short, I felt like I got stupider by going here. Felt like being stuck in high-school. This isn't the "college" experience anyone deserves.
Assumption is a great school and provides many opportunities for success. The small classroom size allows students to ask the professor questions and feel like they are valued.
I’ve only been here one semester, but so far so good. If you’re considering coming here, from my own personal experience I reccomend, but being completely honest it’s pretty much an academic school and not so much what you’d expect your average college to be like. But getting involved has been key. If I hadn’t signed up for clubs and other activities I would be stuck in my dorm with nothing to do. We do have a great community here, you just have to find the right people. I’ve met amazing people my first semester and had great professors and classes. It is a very tight and small feel for a college, but it’s the kinda school where you get out what you put in. So if you work hard, get involved, make an effort to be social, and keep an open mind, you could really find a home in Assumption.
Very mysterious place. A serene campus, laden with various shrubs and lilies, distracts the eye from the faint glimpse of a shawshank facility. The type of school that the box car children would have gone to. Partially content with maggot-ridden bagels, chobani-paint mixtures, board games before bed on Saturday night, and a challenging test on the Alphabet in English class. Need medical attention on campus? Just call life star, or simply hope to wake up in the morning.

A typical interaction between two students:
John: “Hey Katy, you and you’re friends should come to my pregame tonight”
Katy: “Sure, I’d - “
Assumption Police: “PUT YOUR HANDS UP RIGHT NOW! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT...”
Poor reputation, that will you will see is very justified once you come here. Do not come here looking for the college experience because you will be disappointed.
If I could do it over, I would have never applied here. Nothing like they make it out to be, so do not be fooled. Career services SUCK for such a "small school" you would expect the school to be more invested in students but that is not the case. Very strict school which defeats the independence of college, I believe that because of the strictness of the school, people here graduate at a disadvantage to the real world. Take a long second and rethink if you actually want to come to a school like this.
Assumption has been an awful school. Serveral kids transfer out, the campus is not very put together since there is only 1 nice building. RAs and campus police are very strict. Not a party school by any means, most students that want to party need to go into the dangerous city of worcester to bars which is costly and unsafe. Academics are easy, but I guess that may fit somes academic levels. Professors dont care, classes are also usually 40 or more... not sure why Assumption falsely claims to have smaller than that. Boring school as well
Start Your Review of Assumption College
It's a small campus where you can get to know people. The professors are interested in getting to know the students and helping them. The administration has been shown to put the budget before the students on a few occasions. While we are a liberal arts school the “arts” programs have had large cut backs. So if you are looking into this school be aware that it seems to be shifting away from liberal arts and toward STEM. There is also a large core which is annoying to complete and you need to plan classes carefully.The food on campus is run by Sodexo. Most of the food is low quality and makes you feel sick after a long time eating it. The dorms on campus are okay. Most of them are in need of renovations. The apartments are nicer but they need to be updated, most of the appliances are very old don't work. Each dorm building needs your ID to scan in, but people will just let you in. Health services isn’t great and only has hours 8-4 on weekdays which is when classes are.
Truly a failing instituion. Assumption College has really become the laughing stock of the Worcester College Consortium. I seriously don’t know how they stay open with the amount of kids who transfer out. Academics are below average for the money being spent and professors could care less about their job. Food is very sickening. Police prohibit anyone from having fun, Assumption feels more like a detention facility.
Terrible. Classes are easy, professors are not helpful. You might as well be in a massive lecture hall. Campus is decrepit, everyone is super cliquey since it is so small, worse than high school. Campus police and RAs are overly strict, the party scene is awful since there is no off campus housing. Any "party" is in the apartments which is pretty much and insane amount of kids squished into a dorm sized room. "Parties" also get shut down by campus police before 12. Food sucks here too. Do not come, most kids transfer. Retention rate is very low which is why they do not publicze that on tours or open houses.