Ashland University Reviews

Ashland is an amazing University! I loved the close knit campus and amazing free tools and resources. I loved having ministry in my education experience.
You get out whatever you bring into this University. If you bring hate, drama, and introvertedness, then you will not get what you want out of this University. However, if you work hard, join clubs, and have a positive attitude, then you will enjoy your experience and learn a lot about life and it's experiences.
Ashland University has been great to me so far, the faculty is so nice and the campus life is vibrant. I believe I made the right decision to come to Ashland especially for their nursing .
Start Your Review of Ashland University
In my first semester, on line, and it’s been great so far! Courses have been fR and there are lots of courses to choose from.
I love being at Ashland University. I am an athlete and I could not have picked a better school to continue my education and athletic career. I am able to work hard at school and on the track. This school is small, but it is very easy to get to from place to place fairly quickly. The class sizes are small too, which means you get one-on-one attention from professors. If you have to miss a lecture for athletics, professors work well with that and make sure you do not miss anything important for that day.
If you are looking for a small enough school for offices to know your name, but large enough that they also don't care about you, Ashland is the school for you. The Residence Life program and office at Ashland is nothing short of terrible. Expect to be treated like a child by both the office and your RA. They are very strict on deadlines and will assess fees for just about any minor infraction. Don't expect them to stick to their end of the bargain, however. Requests you make to this office are routinely not fulfilled; expect them to be fulfilled late at best. This pervasive attitude includes Safety Services and Student Life. Don't expect them to be of much help to you during your time at AU. Each of these administrators view themselves as quasi-police, so you'll find that with nearly every interaction with these departments, you'll be racking up charges on your Student Account.
Steer clear and save yourself a lot of frustration and dollars.
The campus is beautiful. My first year was good. Although it was a struggle adapting to academics...I think all freshman go through this. The teacher interaction made it so much easier. Always responded immediately to my emails and available anytime to meet and explain anything I was needing additional help with. Very personable campus.
Ashland University has a wonderful education program and opportunities for growth as a pre-service teacher. They place you in a classroom your first year to help the students make sure they know what area of education they want to go into. Outside of academics, there are many opportunities for growth and to explore interests.
The college is well organized, clean and has a good professional look. The staff is very kind and is willing to help in any way. The campus is very safe and relaxing.
I loved Ashland University. The atmosphere seems amazing and the people were very nice. I'm excited to live on campus and the college life for the next 4 years!
Ashland University has a large campus and an even larger variety of people. both students and staff are very friendly and understanding people. AU offers numerous resources for students weather its tutoring, finacial help, or just need some tips on writing an essay. It is definitily a college that ask for its students's finest work efforts because you won't earn a degree or graduate by just sitting around.
Good with small class rooms. Small environment and very well with athletics and all sports. Great Greek life program
I love a lot of things about Ashland University. The campus is beautiful and I enjoy being here. The class sizes are small and the professors make it very personable. They also put in a lot of effort to try to get every student a job when they graduate. I also love the food here.
Ashland University is a great school! Their nursing and education programs are really prominent and very informative. A little expensive and I'd like for tuition to be cheaper but for it being a private university it is still pretty affordable.
I was only there on a college visit but I did like everything they had to offer. The programs that I am interested in have a really good staff and facilities to enhance students learning and experience at college.
I am a current college freshman enrolled in my second semester here at Ashland. It is a big jump from high school, but it is a good experience. College has taught me how to be more responsible and independent.
I've only gone on visits to Ashland University and I can say with complete confidence that I love this school. Everything was so nicely put together, they were very organized, and answered every single question I had.
Start Your Review of Ashland University
Very little to do, administration doesn't care about students' happiness or wellbeing - just the money they're making from overpriced room & board and bookstore. The atmosphere is very sheltered, conservative and Christian to the point where it smothers diversity and discourages free-thinking. The local area is extremely impoverished, and makes no attempt to connect with the school. There is no "street" for students and nothing to do off campus, especially if the student doesn't have a car. The only positives I've experienced at Ashland are the sports programs, the food, a few professors, and a few friends I've made (but you can make friends anywhere)!
The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. They are responsive and efficient. It's been an absolute pleasure dealing with them.
There are many things that I did like about Ashland University as well as a few downfalls. First, there are a lot of positive aspects about academics. I liked that there were small class sizes, lots of hand-on-experience in classes, no TAs, and you could easily build relationships with professors. Another positive is that the dining hall has an excellent selection of food and is top rated in the country. I liked that there was many ways to get involved on campus such as Greek life, Volunteer work, and other clubs and organizations, as well as athletics. The Rec Center was also extremely nice. Downfalls of Ashland include a lack of parking (and lots of parking tickets), the fact that it is a dry campus, and poor quality in housing/dorms. The dorms are mostly small, old, and many do not have air conditioning.