6,058 reviews
  1. Clinton, IA
  2. 4 Year

Ashford University Reviews

6,058 reviews
I have enjoyed to courses I've been taking so far and I love the fact that's it online so they are work on my time and around my schedule.
I have completed 6 credits with Ashford so far and I really like it. The classes are challenging but manageable. The first course EXP105 gives students a clear look at their personal learning style. It's a great way to begin a college career.
I love Ashford University and my online degree program. My admission was fantastic and my academic advisor is the best there could possibly be. I do have problems with financial aid and a ciuple of unforseen issues that caused 2 course drops resulting in 2 bad grades. I still was put on deans list and continue to be a member of a few honor societies but can't go back because of a shortfall that must be paid through a payment plan I cannot meet at this time. I want to return now but I must figure out a way that the financial aid rep apparently dislikes and allows waiting 6 months for new academic year will not fix. Seems hopeless for this academic scholar
I started attending Ashford University last year. I love the way the courses are set up. I am a single mother with 3 beautiful girls, work full time, help a friend with his business as well so the 5 week one course at a time online is perfect for me!
The staff is helpful and kind. It is not hard to get in contact with anyone and classes seem easy. They are a little high in my opinion but this is my first year out of community college.
So far I have been attending this school for a week. The online educational experience is something different, but I like it.
I was a little bit nervous when I was applying for schools. I have never had a problem with this school, and they are always willing to help and make sure that I understand everything that I am doing! I would highly recommend Ashford University to everyone!
I am an older woman, and going to Ashford has allowed me to go to college and earn a degree, which is something I never thought I would accomplish. The only thing I would change is to have more breaks in between classes. Continually doing classes, 5 weeks at a time, gets exhausting. Even if there was a one week break in between would help clear a student's mind and be refreshed to tackle the next class.
Overall pretty lackluster when it comes to obtaining higher education. Was hooked initially on the quick class schedule (5 week for undergrad) but still paid the same amount as I would for a full term class and for much less instruction. Additional education resources are available at what seems like free, but it is charged to you. Would suggest for someone who just needs to knock out a few classes quick but not for someone who wants an actual degree and a reasonable amount of substance for their dollar. You pay for a shortened, not better, education here.
Ashford Univerity is a great school. This is my fourth college attending before fully committing to a college due to what they have to offer. I love the flexible courses and how quickly they can be accomplished. The online teachers offer a lot of knowledge and actively participate in discussion. I wish the course would go more in depth, they offer the basic needed knowledge.
I am a new student to Ashford. I have received a lot of positive support from everyone I have encountered thus far. This school truly makes me feel like they want to see me succeed compared to other schools I have been too. I feel like they have given me access to everything I will need to succeed.
I attend classes online and I love the convenience. I am unemployed right now, but I have been able to work on temporary assignments. The online classes allow me to work during the day and connect to the class in the evening. I can also work at my convenience because I am actively pursuing employment. I have also been out of school for over 30 years. When I first started my class, I was overwhelmed a couple of times. Being able to access my classes at my own time, I have been able to step away and then go back to my assignment and concentrate to get it right. But has also been nice to meet other classmates in the discussions. It's nice to get encouragement from other classmates and from the professor's. I am not a shy person, but I am sure for some, it's easier to get to know people because we don't have to deal with them face to face. There are also the times when life just happens and interrupts you.
My favorite thing about AU is my advisors. They are always on top of things and are always there when I need them with an answer to all of my questions. I have heard horror stories about transferring credits from one school to another from some of my fellow college friends, but with AU the process was fast and simple, I barely had to lift a finger! The AU teaching staff are always friendly and extremely helpful, they are there to make sure their students succeed instead of trying to "weed out the weak."
I'm just starting out with Ashford and so far the university administrator support has been phenomenal. I needed a little hand holding with the whole college entrance process and the kind understanding and patience I have been blessed to be a recipient of has been nothing less than consistent and educational!
ASHFORD IS A GREAT SCHOOL! I LOVE HOW THE ADVISERS AND PROFESSORS ARE HANDS ON. I ALSO LIKE HOW IT IS A 5 WEEK COURSE FOR EACH CLASS! I WOULD RECOMMEND ANYONE TO GO THERE. I HAD A FINANCIAL ISSUE AND WHEN I REACHED OUT TO THEM ABOUT IT, THEY JUMPED ON IT ASAP AND ASSISTED ME WITH MY ISSUE IN A TIMELY MATTER. THIS IS HELPING ME OUT WITH GETTING MY BA IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND I REALLY APPRECIATE THEM FOR IT.
What I like about Ashford University Online is that you can take one class at a time every five weeks. This allows you to find the balance between working, schooling, and your personal life. What I believe they need to change is how long it takes to process people's financial aid.
SCHOOL IS A FRAUD. ALL ABOUT MONEY. LAWSUITS!! CONTACT ME! I am ready to work on a class action lawsuit for my "outstanding balance" CONTACT ME. I see lots of you are having the same problem with your accounts and with the "counselors" I can tell you my experience. I was going for education, however 2 years in I found out my state would not accept them. I was just about to change my major to a business major when I ran into the same problem lots of others have had with my financial aide. Google -- Lawsuits Ashford University financial aide. I have been very mis-treated and now they are not helping me at all! I owe lots and lots of money THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS that I should not owe at this time because my account was messed up. I have been battling this for over a year now and talked to a handful of people. NO ONE helps!! Go to any other school.
I have only been going to Ashford for a couple of moths but I love everything about it. Even though there is a lot of forms you have to fill out to be able to be set especially for your FASFA, I love IIT all. They make you go through a lot to be able to go to school without any problems. The support system you have there is sometimes overwhelming but really needed. Especially as a freshman.
Lots of paper writing but the Writing Center's tutors help out a lot!! Can't wait to see if other classes are different, especially math.
Awesome! Flexible for my busy family and schedule. Great professors, helpful staff, especially the adivisors. I love this school! I earned a Bachelors and Masters degree, and pursing a second Masters degree.