Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College Reviews

Seems like AB Tech doesn't have the easiest process for signing up for classes or getting approved for financial aid.
A-B Tech has many qualities that I like Frist, it is close to my home which makes it cost effective ( a ten minet dive). Also, A-B Tech has a small campus and small classes which I love. Most of my teachers have been excellent.
There is no diversity and the teachers here are very unhelpful in terms of actually engaging with their student. If you like creative learning this isn’t the past to go as all the good teachers left and I can see why. I transferred as I couldn’t even get competitive called here and just wouldn’t recommend this school.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Everyone was always so friendly, and helpful whenever needed. It was scary coming into the beginning processes of going to college, and it didn't help that I was out of town. Everyone that works at the schools was really helpful when I went in panicking, with no reason to panic at all.
I think that Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is a good college to get education, I have been very much supported with my educational plan and any question I have had so far.
The only thing that I would love to see change is the Athletics Department. I wish there were more options do exercise throughout the day on campus.
ABTech Is a great school, very reliable, very helpful with classes and making sure there students succeed in what major they chose of their choice.
I really enjoyed my experience even though I had a slightly different experience being in the Early College program. It was overall a wonderful school with awesome professors.
Asheville Buncombe technical community college is a great college to attend if you have difficulties paying for college or prefer to not be around so many people. The campus is very clean and the teachers all work to ensure there students are learning and passing. The classes are small and you get a lot more one on one time with the professor when its needed. The people are very kind and you don't ever hear of any discrimination going on within the campus.
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College is an outstanding college. This college offers a variety of programs and courses. AB-Tech has a very bog campus compare to other community colleges. The teachers and staff are very helpful and friendly.
I enjoy Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College because of the personal relationships you acquire with students and teachers. Class sizes are small which allows more one on one teaching. The college is located in the heart of Asheville, which has many social aspects, including restaurants, breweries, and several historical sites. The main campus is small enough to walk through fairly quick. It is also great that they have other campus locations to choose from throughout Western North Carolina. If you are looking for a small local college, that has great academic classes and great trade classes, this is the college for you!
The school is very down to earth and convenient if you live in the area. The professors I had were very nice and helpful, but I heard from peers that some were a bit too strict, incompetent or unfair. The safety system is on point. the cafe food has good days and bad ones. I had the luxury of attending for free because I was dual-enrolled as a HS student, but paying a pretty penny to get an Associates' and transferring to a four-year school is a wise investment.
Overall has been an excellent learning environment. Instructors want you to succeed and are willing to go out of their way to help!
It was okay, but I had to do mostly online classes, which were boring and just seemed like a lot of busy work. Of course, that is a characteristic of a lot of online classes, but I feel that these classes could be made a lot more interesting. I would suggest maybe adding some interactive content to every class. Other than that, the school overall is pretty decent and there is plenty of help available if you need it.
The knowledge of staff and flexibility of classes helps when pursuing a degree while working. The teachers that I have encountered so far are excellent.
I attended this school on and off for several years and earned two degrees. Great experience overall and would definitely recommend.
I like that ABtech has so many options for classes, I can always find the classes I need for my degree that fit best with my schedule. Class sizes are typically small so you really get to know your other classmates and the instructor well. The instructors are always really great about answering questions and helping you to understand the material.
This college is a typical community college. It has small class sizes. The teachers seem knowledgeable and approachable.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
AB Tech is the perfect place to start new. I have an undergraduate degree from Western Carolina University and was looking for somewhere to continue my education. I wanted to study something completely different. I went from Art Education to nursing. The advisors and professors have made my switch easy and painless. Advisors have helped me every step of the way and guided me toward success. The professors at AB Tech care about the students. I could not ask for a better experience.
Large community college with a main campus in downtown Asheville. Has several outlying campuses in the surrounding areas. Good school for both technical programs, & to prep a transfer to a 4-year. Tech has fairly flexible class schedules, & is easily navigable. Tons of courses available online.

Cons: the cafe, which is small & essentially the same food all the time. Parking on campus at the beginning of each semester. However this problem typically fades as the semester furthers, people start missing classes and/or dropping classes. Traffic can be a hectic near main campus due to it's proximity to Asheville High, Mission Hospital, & Riverside Drive. Plan accordingly.

Pros? Once you figure out WebAdvisor & get a semester or 2 in, getting the schedule you want is gravy. Most courses are very easy, just time consuming. Instructors are quality, some just need you to bring it out of them. Did my first 2 years here before transferring. Would totally do it again.
I feel right at home at AB Tech. It's easy to be happy here, and the surroundings give me a sense of academic wealth. As I first entered my classes, I expected them to be boring or not interesting, as my parents had taught me the seemingly, socially-encouraged "downfalls" of community college. However, AB Tech is a real school with real instructors and real classes. I've learned a lot.