Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College Reviews

I like how the campus is not very large. Everyone is so nice that works there. The school bookstore has a lot of nice items in it as well as refreshments you can buy. Great community college.
I love my school so much. It was scary at first when I started college, because I'm the first of my family and never learned much about this sort of thing. But the people at AB Tech have made everything so much less scary and I have literally cried multiple times after staff has been so nice to me.
I attended ABTech in order to earn an Associate's degree and transfer to a four year university. The counselor's were very helpful in helping me to get back into school after so many years. As an adult student, I found the teachers to be understanding and accommodating to my schedule outside of class, and the cost was affordable. I would recommend ABTech to anyone.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
For the campus size and location, it was surprisingly more diverse than I expected - which was a pleasant surprise. I didn't really feel welcome there and never made any friends from this school. I just felt like the negative atmosphere put a damper on it for me. Traffic and parking are terrible. Leave way before you need to get to class. There aren't any quick places to get a bite for lunch within a short walking distance. I also was repeatedly harassed by a fellow student and nothing was ever done about her behavior. The buildings need to really be updated. More eco-friendly things should be provided. There weren't enough recycling bins. I felt like the school is in Asheville and they should make the school just as unique as the town it's in.
Great school. Everyone is super nice and the faculty is amazing. I've always had great teachers and have never had an issue. The food options are great as well. They have food trucks that park on campus, and they are always good quality food.
I went here both during high school for a transfer degree and for a business administration degree that I am pursuing now. This college always feels safe and there's always places I can go to get help with classes if I need them. The staff at this college are very approachable and care about helping their students succeed. For me, however, the process of enrolling as a new student for a new degree was a bit aggravating, as you have to go through tests and things that you've already done.
I have only taken one summer class at AB tech so far, but I enjoyed the experience, and really liked the teacher.
AB-TECH was a very good college for those who cant afford a larger college. I only attended one semester but during this semester I truly enjoyed my classes.
I would like to see more available night classes for students that have full-time day employment. There always available resources when you need it, the professors are available by email or during their office hours.
AB Tech is a great community college. They offer a wide range of programs to help benefit every type of student. The staff there are overall great people who always have the best intentions for their students. This college offers many resources to help all of their students including tutoring and counselors.
Affordable way to jumpstart you college career. Plenty of options for degrees, certifications, and continuing education classes. Fantastic allied health degree programs available.
The campus is nice and well-protected. The academics are about average for a community college. Location is central to the area it serves.
the student body is primarily composed of gossipy teenagers, drug addicts, and people that aren't interested in making friends. The facility itself - Dodgy, always under construction, slow internet , and an administration that couldn't care less about your concerns. The classes themselves, ok. My biggest complaint is that the majority of course work is online. The teachers that I've had are fairly decent. The real issue is that even when the teachers are good, they have to uphold policies that lower the quality of the course. This isn't much of a place to learn, people in the communal rooms don't stop talking for a single moment, it's very hard to concentrate even in buildings that are for specific majors. The one exception that I've found is the library. If you're looking to get anything done on this campus, the library is your best friend. If that's the case, you should probably consider another college.
It took me forever to sign up for classes because I had to jump through so many hoops to get all my credits that were transferable to this school. There is not really a clear cut direction to take when trying to enroll with transfer credits. Also, there did not seem to be great communication among the staff.
The classes are engaging. Out of the five professors I have so far I would say three are amazing, one is decent, and only one gets under my skin and does not do a very good job. There is a wide and diverse range of classes available to students, even those who are not enrolled in specific programs; take Ti Chi for example. Class sizes are relatively small as well.
There are many programs at this school that are very specific to certain career paths that I hear aid very much in helping a student require the skills to get a job. There is a career center that aids with that as well. However, I am not in one of the specified programs nor have I been to the career center yet.
The program I am seeking is not offered at a 2-year college. However, AB Tech seems to have a wonderful transfer program that can be molded around the students needs to advance to the 4-year school of their choice.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Just as any college, the professors can truly make or break the overall experience. Take my history teacher for example, she was an archaeologist, has multiple degrees, and when I'm in her class my foot taps repeatedly out of excitement and I retain everything she says. I never liked history before this. Now, take my statistics teacher, he wastes the entire class rambling on about nonsense that has to applicable use in or out of class. I always liked math before his class. Besides that I haven't spent enough time at this school to delve into any other aspects. So far I would go ahead and say I would probably choose this school again. It's a good stepping stone and the teachers I have that do care truly make a difference. They are what makes this place, AB Tech, unique.
It's really easy to get conveniently timed classes.
I like them for a lot of reasons. With online classrooms you can sit in pajamas, sip tea, enjoy silence, and do your work without any worries.