Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College Reviews

I like that ABtech has so many options for classes, I can always find the classes I need for my degree that fit best with my schedule. Class sizes are typically small so you really get to know your other classmates and the instructor well. The instructors are always really great about answering questions and helping you to understand the material.
This college is a typical community college. It has small class sizes. The teachers seem knowledgeable and approachable.
AB Tech is the perfect place to start new. I have an undergraduate degree from Western Carolina University and was looking for somewhere to continue my education. I wanted to study something completely different. I went from Art Education to nursing. The advisors and professors have made my switch easy and painless. Advisors have helped me every step of the way and guided me toward success. The professors at AB Tech care about the students. I could not ask for a better experience.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Large community college with a main campus in downtown Asheville. Has several outlying campuses in the surrounding areas. Good school for both technical programs, & to prep a transfer to a 4-year. Tech has fairly flexible class schedules, & is easily navigable. Tons of courses available online.

Cons: the cafe, which is small & essentially the same food all the time. Parking on campus at the beginning of each semester. However this problem typically fades as the semester furthers, people start missing classes and/or dropping classes. Traffic can be a hectic near main campus due to it's proximity to Asheville High, Mission Hospital, & Riverside Drive. Plan accordingly.

Pros? Once you figure out WebAdvisor & get a semester or 2 in, getting the schedule you want is gravy. Most courses are very easy, just time consuming. Instructors are quality, some just need you to bring it out of them. Did my first 2 years here before transferring. Would totally do it again.
I feel right at home at AB Tech. It's easy to be happy here, and the surroundings give me a sense of academic wealth. As I first entered my classes, I expected them to be boring or not interesting, as my parents had taught me the seemingly, socially-encouraged "downfalls" of community college. However, AB Tech is a real school with real instructors and real classes. I've learned a lot.
Admittedly, I had a difficult time trying to find my way through college immediately after high school. Bad experiences at other institutions (outside of North Carolina) left me feeling unsettled in where I wanted to go in life and about furthering my education. I stopped trying, and felt I might never regain the love for learning I’d had as a kid. All that changed when I started classes at A-B Tech, after the birth of my daughter. Not only did I find the support I needed to keep going and to keep “showing up” for myself and for my family, but I also found my flare for learning (and growing) again; I have been able to take most of my courses online—which I love!—and have found that the quality of coursework and the help and guidance of the staff and my teachers isn’t any different from a “regular” 4-year college. In short, A-B Tech is awesome, affordable, and attainable.
I like how the campus is not very large. Everyone is so nice that works there. The school bookstore has a lot of nice items in it as well as refreshments you can buy. Great community college.
I love my school so much. It was scary at first when I started college, because I'm the first of my family and never learned much about this sort of thing. But the people at AB Tech have made everything so much less scary and I have literally cried multiple times after staff has been so nice to me.
I attended ABTech in order to earn an Associate's degree and transfer to a four year university. The counselor's were very helpful in helping me to get back into school after so many years. As an adult student, I found the teachers to be understanding and accommodating to my schedule outside of class, and the cost was affordable. I would recommend ABTech to anyone.
For the campus size and location, it was surprisingly more diverse than I expected - which was a pleasant surprise. I didn't really feel welcome there and never made any friends from this school. I just felt like the negative atmosphere put a damper on it for me. Traffic and parking are terrible. Leave way before you need to get to class. There aren't any quick places to get a bite for lunch within a short walking distance. I also was repeatedly harassed by a fellow student and nothing was ever done about her behavior. The buildings need to really be updated. More eco-friendly things should be provided. There weren't enough recycling bins. I felt like the school is in Asheville and they should make the school just as unique as the town it's in.
Great school. Everyone is super nice and the faculty is amazing. I've always had great teachers and have never had an issue. The food options are great as well. They have food trucks that park on campus, and they are always good quality food.
I went here both during high school for a transfer degree and for a business administration degree that I am pursuing now. This college always feels safe and there's always places I can go to get help with classes if I need them. The staff at this college are very approachable and care about helping their students succeed. For me, however, the process of enrolling as a new student for a new degree was a bit aggravating, as you have to go through tests and things that you've already done.
I have only taken one summer class at AB tech so far, but I enjoyed the experience, and really liked the teacher.
AB-TECH was a very good college for those who cant afford a larger college. I only attended one semester but during this semester I truly enjoyed my classes.
I would like to see more available night classes for students that have full-time day employment. There always available resources when you need it, the professors are available by email or during their office hours.
AB Tech is a great community college. They offer a wide range of programs to help benefit every type of student. The staff there are overall great people who always have the best intentions for their students. This college offers many resources to help all of their students including tutoring and counselors.
Affordable way to jumpstart you college career. Plenty of options for degrees, certifications, and continuing education classes. Fantastic allied health degree programs available.
Start Your Review of Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
The campus is nice and well-protected. The academics are about average for a community college. Location is central to the area it serves.
the student body is primarily composed of gossipy teenagers, drug addicts, and people that aren't interested in making friends. The facility itself - Dodgy, always under construction, slow internet , and an administration that couldn't care less about your concerns. The classes themselves, ok. My biggest complaint is that the majority of course work is online. The teachers that I've had are fairly decent. The real issue is that even when the teachers are good, they have to uphold policies that lower the quality of the course. This isn't much of a place to learn, people in the communal rooms don't stop talking for a single moment, it's very hard to concentrate even in buildings that are for specific majors. The one exception that I've found is the library. If you're looking to get anything done on this campus, the library is your best friend. If that's the case, you should probably consider another college.
It took me forever to sign up for classes because I had to jump through so many hoops to get all my credits that were transferable to this school. There is not really a clear cut direction to take when trying to enroll with transfer credits. Also, there did not seem to be great communication among the staff.