Asbury University Reviews

I am an online student just starting Asbury and I feel confident that I will like this school. I am pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Social Work and hope to find work there after.
Great school in a nice rural area. If you're looking for a small faith-based university with great professors who will challenge you, you'll find Asbury fits the bill- and doesn't break the bank!
Asbury is all about what you make it. The academics and spirituality are amazing to experience on a college campus. The increased attention from professors due to smaller class sizes is crucial to the great academic atmosphere. Your personal experience for student and dorm life is really dependent on how much you are willing to put in.
Start Your Review of Asbury University
My time here at Asbury has without a doubt been instrumental in shaping me into who I am today. Not only does Asbury challenge students intellectually but they emphasize spiritual growth as well. The teachers and students create an environment that is the embodiment of community. Teachers invest in their students and take the time to get to know us on a more personal level. Students are personable and genuinely want to get to know others. As for what I would like to see change, the hardest part about college here is not having enough time to invest in more people. Between the commitments that come with being a college student and the large number of people you want to get to know, there is not enough time in the day. This is not necessarily a problem, rather it is a struggle that I have come across during my time here. Overall, Asbury’s foundation in Christian morals and values paired with an excellent education and tremendous community have created a place in which I can call home.
Asbury is a typical Christian school, where the students are in a “bubble,” so to speak. Athletics and worship are great. However, financial aid is horrendous, worse than any other school I’ve been in contact with.
Asbury is a great place to safely find yourself. It is a great place to find who you are in your spirituality. Professors are the bread and butter of this campus because they care about you as people as well as students. They invest in you on a spiritual and emotional level as well as an academic level. Great school 10/10 would recommend.
I have loved my time at Asbury. I have been pushed academically, learned professional skills, made lifelong friends, and most importantly- gained a concept of what is most important for me to pursue in my life. Asbury is small, and does not always have as many funds to throw around as larger schools, but my professors care so much to see me grow and think critically.
One of my favorite aspects of Asbury is the community here. Through Asbury, God has provided me with a diverse group of friends who love me deeply, encourage me to think about the world in different ways, and ask me to become more like Christ.
I also love the faculty here. Small classes make it possible to get to know each of your professors and for them to know you by ame as well.
Asbury is a great place to be. The academic aspect of Asbury is incredible and the professors are extremely helpful. Asbury's community is extremely welcoming. Throughout my 4 years at Asbury I have never had a bad experience. Throughout my fours years I've been challenged to think critically and definitely expand my way of thinking and adapt to many new great ideas.
Asbury has allowed me to grow both academically and spiritually. The small school atmosphere lets me have professional relationships with my professors. Asbury is an ever changing campus that continues to grow.
I love the emphasis on spiritual growth that both the students ad the faculty have, and the way professors really work to invest in their students. The overall vibe of the students here are very open and friendly. Academically it is challenging but not discouraging.
I love everything about Asbury University. I am an Equine Major and their Equine department is amazing. I love being apart of a small school and being surrounded by Christians who share my faith.
This was the absolute best experience! The staff and professors are there to help you academically and spiritually. I would not have chosen any other college for my Bachelors degree. The people that I have met are now apart of my family and friends!
The only downside of Asbury is the drawbacks that come with small schools like not a lot of food options and not as modern features.
When I started out at Asbury, I was a little nervous going in because I only knew a couple people coming in with me. Once I arrived, I met not only some of my closest friends, but I had faculty around me that supported me in both my academics and my faith. I know that I can count on my professors and other faculty that I have relationships with if I need them for anything. Some of them have welcomed me into their homes, and some of them will answer my questions at 10 o' clock at night. I truly believe that I would not have the same experience if I had gone somewhere else.
I love the community and the people at Asbury. It has helped me grow in multiple aspects of my life.
As soon as I came to campus I felt at home. Faculty and staff are welcoming and friendly. There is an atmosphere of true, genuine care for students and for the surrounding community. Professors know students by name and many times I have been asked what is going on in my life. I definitely feel cared for and well prepared academically.
Start Your Review of Asbury University
Asbury is a great university, everybody is friendly, and the professors and staff are very accommodating. The campus is gorgeous; I feel like at home on Asbury's campus. Chapel is such a great experience and the worship bands are wonderful.
Asbury is a small college and the community is amazing! Some rules should change and the location is not so great though.
Asbury is very intentional in that it seeks out the incoming students to ensure they are included in the community. I highly recommend this college because it has provided an extremely welcoming, growing, bonding, and friendly experience.