Art Academy of Cincinnati Reviews

I have not personally taken online classes at this school as I graduated before 2020. Cant leave this box blank tho :/
Perfect for me. Focus on being self driven, lots of one on one time with proffessors. Pretty strong community aspect. Not great if you thrive in structured enviroments.
I never took an online course, but the professors I had were very proficient with technology and virtual communication.
Start Your Review of Art Academy of Cincinnati
As a student who transferred to the Art Academy in hopes to finish my BFA with a degree in graphic design, I learned so much more than I had ever imagined. The two year degree I transferred to the AAC with taught me a lot about graphic design, and just that. During my first two years as a student at a satellite campus of a local college, I knew that my education needed to continue and expand into a BFA before I felt confident in the field I was interested in. My first experience with the Art Academy of Cincinnati was at their "INK BLEEDS" event: a showcase of local artists' show posters, all having been screen printed. When I stepped in the building and felt the energy of the artists, students, and community, I never stopped thinking of the AAC of the place I wanted to be.
The AAC allowed me to develop myself into an artist, designer and problem solver. I grew to understand how my skills and mind adapted to writing, painting, design, printing, etc, and that I was not just a designer.
I personally didn't take any online classes, but I've heard good things. Much of the studio classes allowed you to work from home anyway, so I assume it's a similar experience.
I wouldn't change my experience at the AAC for anything in the world. It's a dynamic, freeform education, and during my time going there I grew to love Cincinnati and its people, and I made friends that will stay with me for life.
My time at the Art Academy of Cincinnati has shaped my life. I've held a career in the arts since graduating. The trans-disciplinary programming has allowed me to be adaptable to the ever-changing world around us, and I am forever grateful for the relationships I build there.
We did not need or require online learning during the time I spent at the Art Academy of Cincinnati.
Hard to say. I only took classes online after the pandemic happened. I felt like for what the college had to go through, they made the best of it. I like when we go back we have the option to take classes in person, or online.
I appreciate the size of the college. You feel like you get a chance to know everyone really well. Also, regardless of your major, you have access to all of the facilities on campus which was huge for me! I looked at other colleges but if you only use the things that were in your major. Overall I'm happy here.
The school is very small allowing for lots of one on one and hands on time with teachers and faculty. The students are all alike in personality which makes it very easy to make friends. The school is in the city which gets students street smarts and a sense of community.
I enjoy the teachers open-ness to each student and their needs. If I could change one thing, I would turn up the heater a bit..
The Art Academy of Cincinnati is filled with passionate and genuine professors who take advantage of the small student body to truly invest in each student’s career and success.
I am a 2007 AAC alum. I went on to fashion school and got a masters in fashion from SAIC in Chicago. I taught English in Gifu, Japan. I was responsible for magazine content, sponsorship and programming at Kiki Magazine. I have freelanced on music videos etc. I currently co-run PIQUE art gallery, develop programs and teach. These things were possible because of the rich foundation I built at the AAC. What separates my experience at AAC was that they really helped me get to the bottom of who I needed to be, and supported and pushed me to get there. I left AAC with the skills/confidence/strength I needed to fight for my goals moving forward. While at the AAC I formed bonds in the art community that still inform my art practice today. When I wanted to become a professor, I chose the AAC because I knew they would get behind my big/unusual ideas, in a way other colleges wouldn’t be brave/bold enough to do. #AACPRIDE Www.sparklezilla.com
I went to the Art Academy because I was looking for a smaller more individual experience with the faculty and student body. I was not disappointed! The professors and administrators are very involved in the student’s life in the form of mentorship, advising, academics and visual art. The professors and staff are local, national and international creative practioners and educators. I felt we shared a unique community with the school that was both respectful and insightful. I would recommend anyone to this great school!
The AAC creates a challenging and supportive environment for students to contribute to the discourse in Contemporary Art and Design. Their major-fluid program produces artists, designers, writers and entrepreneurs that make a difference in the community and the world.
The Art Academy of Cincinnati is a great community of talented students and teachers. I am a 2015 alumna currently pursuing an MFA degree in New York. The Art Academy has a small, tight-knit student body with the amazing resources of a much larger program- studios, equipment, materials, and dedicated teachers who go above and beyond to give students access to personalized feedback and critique. Most importantly, the Art Academy gives students the tools to think conceptually and grasp dense, high-brow methods for learning and creating. If art is something that matters to you- go somewhere art matters. Located in the center of OTR in Downtown Cincinnati, new students get a real city experience on a smaller scale, without the high costs. The art and music scenes of OTR are accessible, energized, and always in conversation with the Art Academy.
Start Your Review of Art Academy of Cincinnati
This school is amazing because it teaches its students to think for and educate themselves...it is not for a lazy student expecting an easy ride. This school is a good fit for someone with self discipline, the desire to learn, work hard and grow. It is one of the least expensive private art schools, and truly teaches their students to become extremely resourceful artists. You have to work for every opportunity at AAC, nothing is handed to you, just like in real life. The faculty are also working artists and the school is a small, safe, and extremely accepting community.
The Art Academy is where I discovered my love of painting. I was given the room to grow and discover this passion through the guidance and encouragement of the faculty. I also learned invaluable problem solving skills which I use on a daily basis.
The Art Academy is an excellent place to find your artistic voice and to develop into the type of professional artist you want to be.