Armstrong Atlantic State University Reviews

1,072 reviews
Armstrong is an excellent university if you prefer learning in smaller, tight knit class environments. I really enjoy in the smaller classes, some professors are able to take the time to get to know you as a student and have one-on-one interactions with you if you need help. I also enjoy that the student life is quite diverse and most of the people around are friendly and open to conversation.
My experience at Armstrong is overall positive. When I first attended Armstrong I loved how all of the attending students were more than willing to share how Armstrong shaped their education careers. I loved the fact that many of the people that left Armstrong usually come back to check on the younger generation of Armstrong students. I loved that the classrooms weren't filled with 100 seats. I had one on one time with the professor for all the years I have attended the school. The campus was also very diverse which I feel is a positive attribute to the school. Two aspects of the school that could be improved on is the school activities and also the school food.
It is a good school, but organization amongst departments is slightly lacking. Great professors who reading care about teaching and helping their students become further educated.
Review Armstrong Atlantic State University
I love how active the campus is in community service and other on-campus activities. They also keep everyone updated by sending us emails about clubs, sports, greek life and housing events.
Armstrong is currently going through this ridiculous merger with another university which I feel will bring down the quality of the university itself
I think it's a great school, that helps the student be able to achieve their goals.Armstrong is a medium size school so you do get a lot of one on one with professors. Speaking of the professors, they're awesome and genuinely want desire to help students out.
Armstrong State University is a great school in Georgia. The campus is small, the classes are small enough where each professor knows you. The living experience here in Savannah is great. Dorms are new and modernized and downtown and the beach are just a drive away
Armstrong is a great place if you want to attend a university with a small college feel. The campus is beautiful and very well kept up. There is not a football team here, but they have a great tennis team. They also offer a great and very competitive nursing program.
I love Armstrong so much. It is the only school that I applied to, and I have not once regretted it. It is located in beautiful Savannah, Georgia. There is so much to do here!
I love the small community feel at Armstrong. The class sizes are usually small. I learn better in smaller classes, so it is great for me. I feel more comfortable asking questions. Most professors also know you by name.
I am majoring in Nursing. The Nursing program here is great. I will be applying to the program this month! I am so excited to be a part of it. The classes here have prepared me to be competitive in the program. They are rigorous and are designed to make you improve your study habits and work HARD.
Armstrong's merge with Georgia Southern has its pros and cons. I believe that the school will have more funding for its programs and possibly more dining options. However, I fear that Armstrong will lose its unique atmosphere and small community.
Overall my school experience at Armstrong has been very rewarding. The campus is well maintained. The faculty and staff at the school have your best interest in mind and are more than willing to help you in your endeavors. Safety is one of the top priorities at Armstrong which I hold in high regards. Armstrong is a great school if you are looking for a diverse, fun, and safe environment to further your education.
Armstrong Atlantic State University is an amazing school. They see that met all your needs. They never leave any questions unanswered. They will go above and beyond in order to help fellow students.
I love th I school. It is a very safe campus and the diversity of everything is amazing. The weather is great most of the time. The teachers are very nice and they really work with students to ensure success both at school and life.
So far, my experience at Armstrong State University has been amazing! Everyone is so nice and welcoming. My professors are great! They all go above and beyond to help their students reach their goals. I can honestly say that nothing needs to change (well in my eyes of course). Everything that I have experienced has been great. I'm glad that I chose this school.
Although this is my first year here, I have had a great experience so far, besides the food. The professors here are so kind and they truly care for their students. It is a beautiful place to live and walk to class at. People are always trying to make friends and get you to be active in the school. There are many resources at the university to help excel in your academics. The Spanish tutoring center is always there to help you in anything, and the writing center is there for them to help students with their papers and reviewing them. Armstrong is a wonderful school to live at and pursue a career.
As a first year Armstrong student, I found it was very beneficial academically, but socially, there are few opportunities to meet people. I came from out of state and I am near the end of my first semester here and I haven't made any friends despite going to club meetings and "putting myself out there." It is hard to make friends here. When it comes to academics, I have learned so much and have gained a lot of knowledge during my short time here.
I love my school! They have one of the best nursing programs that can be very competitive! The campus is very safe, I would recommend this college to anyone
Was a good college experience. Learned many things throughout my courses. Faculty, staff, and fellow students were nice and helpful
Review Armstrong Atlantic State University
Armstrong Atlantic State University is one the best colleges to attend in the Coastal Empire. The professors are passionate about their students. They invest in their education and do what they an to ensure you grasp the information and can apply it. The staff even host job fairs to get you connected with employers. Their are a variety of Greek and non-Greek clubs/organizations and the students are focused on their education so there is little room for distraction here. I strongly encourage you to apply and attend. The student body is diverse, there are tons of opportunities to get involved in the community and I guarantee you will meet some of the best people in the world!
Armstrong was an alright experience for me. I didn't feel challenged enough in a lot of my classes, they didn't seem to have the respect for their art students and faculty, they didn't allow for much voicing of opinions, and everything there was way overpriced. It's a really small campus and they never made it easy to study on campus. A lot of the buildings close early or have odd weekend times that they're open. I have had very few really great professors, but I have had plenty of terrible ones.
Armstrong is a great school for non-traditional students. Different course options exist for those who work full-time and/or have families to attend to. The professors are knowledgeable, approachable, and understanding.