Arkansas State University Reviews

1,052 reviews
I'm studying in ASU. I love this campus and faculty members. The classrooms are such amazing classmates, but it's too small group. All professors are very helpful and friendly. They have a lot of free time to talk with them.
I read ranking reports all the time because I own and operate a College Planning. We help students pick the right college for their needs and interests and we help their families pay for that college degree with as little money out of their pocket as possible.

Arkansas State University prepared me greatly for successful careers in the food industry, publishing, public speaking and financial planning arenas.
Expensive popular schools could be a smart choice made by smart people following advice from smart sources. However, the smart choice often is not the wise choice.

A wise choice would be not going into debt to obtain your degree. A wise choice would be graduating in four years instead of the national average of six years. A wise choice would be selecting a University like Arkansas State that prepares you to compete, succeed and thrive without the debt, ego and drama.

Choose wisdom my friends.
I love this place. I've been attending her for a semester and a half. The staff are very friendly. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because they kind of screwed me over with taking two classes I didn't need because I had credit for them already and didn't give me my money back for them. But other than they've been great.
Review Arkansas State University
Overall I know that ASU is the place for me! I love the fine arts department and the new humanities building! Can't wait for the new apartments next year. Such a popular school we need more housing haha!
I am going here for a masters in gifted and talented online. The classes are fun and engaging. The content is usefull and really helping me in my class. Overall this college is really good to go to. Especially as a busy father.
The campus is beautiful, in the fall the trees are so pretty and the humanities building is gorgeous. It's my favorite building to have class in. The party scene has been fun and everyone makes you feel like you belong somewhere here. Some of the teachers aren't really up to par honestly. They don't really help you if you need it and some teachers don't make lesson plans, update grades, or even answer questions when you ask. One of my teachers never even looked up from his phone to even help us w notes or answer questions. The local area is nice, very boring though. Hard to find a job honestly. The dorms are gross and very unsafe. It's scary to walk alone to class during the day or night being a girl makes it worse.
I liked the atmosphere and the food. But the computers in the computer labs are slow and it was hard to find the counselor hall
I was at this university when I wrote my first research paper. The professors are so great. The campus is beautiful. Greek life is great as well!
I love Arkansas State University. Although this is the only college I have ever attended I could not imagine going any where else. All of my professors are amazing. Everyone I have ever came in contact with here at ASU has always done everything they could to help me out. If they could not do anything in their department they would find someone else for me to go to and ask. All the professors are concerned about there students and not themselves. They all truly have a passion for teaching. I would recommend Arkansas State University to anyone that is thinking about going to college. This is such a wonderful place to spend at least your next 4 years of life.
I love Arkansas State University-Jonesboro. The teachers that classes I have attended (within College in Psychology and Exercise Science) were amazing and cared greatly about their students. The classes were not far from the dorms and it was not hard to find a place to live off campus if you needed that as well. Very easy to get involved within the University in a club or program as well. Parking for off campus students is difficult although, so get up early! Highly recommend ASU Jonesboro.
I like the environment. The students are very friendly. There are many professors and staff that want you to succeed. It's a pleasure knowing that people actually are about you, your dreams, and the best route to take in order to reach them.
The campus here is very straight forward. The students here have a mindset like no other in the state. I can go to any student and ask for help. The teachers here no matter the number of students in class seem to have a personal professional relation with each one. You can't beat it.
The professors are great, they will help you with anything. This is my first year attending Arkansas State University after transferting from a technical college, and they have helped the transition become very easy. I am a shy person but I find myself answering questions during class.
ASTATE is great the instructors are willing to help even though they have a busy schedule. The campus itself could use more art sometimes walking down the halls all you see is the same color and no kind of art. The layout of the school is good as all your builduings are only a five minute walk from every parking lot. Parking is a trouble there has been times when I had to wait at least 15 minutes before someone left in order to park. Overall academics are good and the staff is friendly I recommend this school to anyone who wants to learn and prepare themselves for the future.
I really like how everyone is very helpful and friendly. The whole process of applying was easy! I can't think of anything that I would change.
This is my first year at Arkansas State University and it phenomenal! I have made some amazing friends. I am a part of WolfLife Campus Ministry as well as a manager for the Men's Basketball. There are so many opportunities here to get involved in! Within in my first semester I am already exceeding far beyond my expectations. I know that A-State is going to give me the best education I can get. They have helped me through every step of the way so far this year! I cannot wait to spend the next 3 1/2 years here!
I like that Arkansas state university gives opportunities to everyone. The teachers and administration are very kind and helpful. Registration was quick and easy.
Review Arkansas State University
I absolutely love attending astate. It's a great campus with great academics and great athletics. The worst part is that there isn't much to do on the weekends if there isn't a game, but it's definitely worth it.
Astate is a great place to learn but not so much to socialize. Most people dont speak to each other unless they have to, otherwise teams and organizations are the only way to meet people. That is a great way to get invloved though! I will be graduating in the spring but i honestly dont feel like i am prepared for a career. Neither does a friend of mines. I feel majors should be focused on preparing students to work rather than just several theories. Other than that, Astate isnt a bad school to attend.
Arkansas State University is one of the best colleges I have seen. Not only are the academics amazing, but the people here are very helpful and nice. They teach us what is acceptable and what is not, but also makes students feel more than welcome while attending. Lots of different fun activities are held on campus, and everybody that goes here, even people who don't go here, are invited to them. Arkansas State University includes the families of those who go here, but also the ones who would like to go here. Arkansas State University is definitely a good college to go to, and has made my college experience one of the best.