Arkansas State University Reviews

1,156 reviews
At my university, I found different organizations that made me feel comfortable and supported. The Advisors and all of the A-state's staff are nice and always willing to assist
Arkansas State is a very welcoming school with something for everyone! Although the campus is smaller, the whole town of Jonesboro is decked out with so much Red Wolf pride, you would think you were on campus anywhere in town.
I overall like the cleaniness and professors of the college. I would like to see more work done on the dorm rooms.
Start Your Review of Arkansas State University
Friendly down to earth. Everyone is willing to help in any way they possibly can. The staff in all areas are knowledgeable and polite. No one looks down on you .
So far my experience on campus is positive as a sophomore, but I have trouble getting the necessary funds for classes. Currently I am trying my best to stay active on the weekends here as well, but it is hard considering things shut down here after Friday. Other than that, the professors are amazing, campus activities are loud and fun, and I have met very cool people here. Tuition and how much it cost may feel like much, but if I was fully covered, I would be having even more of a blast.
I love Arkansas State University. Every time I am on campus, everyone is so happy to see you there! the Games are the best! Wolves Up!
The day I walked on to Arkansas State's campus, I instantly fell in love. I have only visited 2 times so far, but I am planning another visit up very soon! Everyone there is so kind, it just felt like home while walking around touring the place. I really love how easy it is to be so involved in organizations around campus. I could definitely see myself making Arkansas State my home for the next 4 plus years of my life, in the near future.
Arkansas State is the perfect place for anyone who wants great teachers, a beautiful and comfortable campus, and a a university size that's big enough for you to meet plenty new people but small enough that you feel right at home! I love the STEM department and athletics. I had so much fun!
The professors care and want the students to succeed. it is affordable and people here are kind and welcoming.
A-State has high standard of care for their students and their futures. As a working LPN to pay for school, I was hit with terrible news of my hospital closing its doors with no warning. I didn’t know what to do. The faculty members of Arkansas State University- Jonesboro Mrs. Angel Hamill, Mrs. Joy Jennings, Mrs. Judith Pfriemer, and Mrs. Cathy Hall not only heard my cries for help but listened and jumped into action even the Registrar’s office-Mrs. Danielle Childers, Financial Aid-Mrs. Andrea Jones, Mrs. Jamie Carmack, and Mr. Finney. These faculty member’s dedication to excellence have inspired me.
It has been a home away from home. I love the environment and the love from the campus as a whole. It has made me very happy. My grades have been good and I've realized my potential with learning and how far it can take me. They open up new opportunities and show you what there is in the world.
The overall campus is very nice and clean. Classes are, for the most part, fairly involved and informative. It would be very nice for engineering classes to have more explanation provided by the professor teaching them.
Arkansas State University is an amazing college that provides you with a homelike atmosphere. This college gives you small town vibes that coincides with a large education. The red wolves is a school of many attributes, and a school that is your home away from home.
I think Arkansas State is a great local college to attend. It's Choir Department has yet to fail me with their performances and their directors have always shown excellence. Every professor that I have met all have shown me kindness and I would absolutely love to be able to attend here.
They should help with more funding. The school atomosphere is great but they have a lot of issues with helping the minority students who are in need of financial and placement of housing.
My overall experience has been average due to meeting new friends and some fun activities. Life in the dorm is maximized by game night in the lobby and student union. We also had pajama parties, movie night, and bingo. There are many activities to keep busy and build bonds with friends.
Arkansas state university offers the great experiences of meeting knew people and being able to become apart of many different organizations on campus. There is a place for everyone no matter how different.
Start Your Review of Arkansas State University
I left home to find another home at Arkansas State. The atmosphere at Arkansas State is always on of encouragement and acceptance. I have had countless opportunities to do things beyond my comfort zone and grow as a person.
I would like to have more parking spots instead of having to park in visitor parking and getting a ticket. It is also annoying how they have to raise their tuition every year building new stuff. They charge us with random fees that I'm not sure what they are for. Other than that the campus is pretty. They have a good tutoring center that will help you with anything from writing an essay to your chem homework. That is the one thing that has helped me out.
I have recently transferred to Arkansas State but I know I have found the school for me! The staff has helped me in every way possible in my transfer. The campus is beautiful and the students are welcoming! I am so excited to build my future here.