Arkansas State University Reviews

1,117 reviews
Arkansas state is a pretty good school in my opinion. I like most things about it. The things I don’t like is that you can’t get food at anytime of the day. I have a 7 day meal plan but it’s kind of pointless if I can’t go to the cafe and eat when I want.
I like how diverse the school is and also there are plenty of resources to help each and every student succeed. Everyone is very friendly, peers and staff.
The process to get in, or renew things in general, can be quite confusing and irritating at times, but overall it’s a lovely, small, 4 year institution.
Start Your Review of Arkansas State University
The classes were good and I like the campus but I felt very disconnected and isolated here. I think the way that rush works needs to be re-evaluated after 40% of girls dropped and I was extremely pressured into continuing to go through rush even though I made it very clear I was unhappy and that I wanted to quit I feel I was forced into continuing the horrible experience that left me with a low self esteem and feeling very alone. I had a hard time making friends here and I wish I never had to go back. Arkansas state gave me an awful college experience and I don’t want to continue my education at this school.
It is a very diverse school with people from different cultures and backgrounds. Jonesboro, the city that Astate is located in, is a dry county so there are no liquor stores in the city. You’d have to go to smaller surrounding the area.
I submitted me transcripts from ASU for a military assignment and for other employment opportunities...without fail, all of them asked "ASU? is that like, an accredited school?" Very glad that I went onto other places to further my educational record and to have something positive to show other than "ASU Red Wolves"
Arkansas State's mission is to educate leaders, enhance intellectual growth and enrich lives. Founded in 1909, A-State is the second-largest university in the state and a leader within the Delta and Mid-South region. It hosts the first osteopathic medical school in the state of Arkansas, NYIT's College of Osteopathic Medicine, and opened the first U.S.-style residential campus in Mexico in fall 2017. Dedicated to teaching, research, and service, the university provides students with the broad educational foundations that help them develop critical thinking, decision-making, analytical, and communication skills. The university is the state's leading provider of nursing graduates, early childhood educators, and agricultural business graduates. In addition, A-State has top-ranked programs in creative media and speech communication.
I am not student at Arkansas State University, but I will this up coming year. While going on a college tour to Arkansas State University, I could see myself going there. The campus is beautiful and the dorms seem fit for a freshman.
Arkansas State University has a very friendly and safe environment. This college has always been in my top 2. Arkansas State University, doesn't just better students education wise, they also help students become better people.
I love everything about my experience at Arkansas state university. It has a beautiful campus. The school offers a ton of degrees for anyone and anything that someone would want to major in. I love their graduate program. I am getting my second degree from the college
Great campus and very friendly teachers. I am learning at a much higher level of completion than I have at other universities.
I have had a great experience with this university and I believe it is a great institution. This university works with local high schools to spark interest into upcoming graduated and by offering dual enrollment classes.
I like that ASTATE has the best medical program that everyone tries to help one another succeed. No matter the circumstances each person is pushed to their abilities. I personally spoke to one of the advisers and they gave more information than I planned to learn, which was helpful later on. He was very friendly and tried to help me understand certain things. I plan to graduate in Arkansas State University with my bachelors degree in Biology. My future career goal is to become a Pediatrician. To work with kids and become a doctor.
I enjoyed most of the ammunition’s that they offer there, but I would love to be more in contact with them. I live very far and sometimes feel very much brushed under the mat with some of my questions.
As a recent student at Astate, being from the North posed some interesting obstacles for me to overcome. When I first moved to Jonesboro, I was disappointingly underwhelmed. However, after living in Jonesboro for five years, working at local shops and attending classes year round, I am grateful for the opportunity to attend such a great university. Although the university stands strong in classical southern ideations, the new wave of professors and students are opening up little Jonesboro to a modern and exciting future.

And as always, there is no parking on campus. Nothing outside the norm of any other university!
Very welcoming school, always smiling. The school is very organized and people are very helpful when needed by other students. Has a wide range of food items and wide range of majors.
The programs are affordable and the online program is easy to follow. Professors can be challenging and some do a lot more work than others. I would recommend this school to anyone, I have had a great experience thus far and have one year left.
Start Your Review of Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University is very accommodating to all students from all walks of life. Their student support is easy to talk to, and their professors are top-notch.
Great school. The staff is very helpful. You can learn a lot of things and be very successful. Everything on campus is easy to access and find. It is very open and everyone is very friendly.
I am a graduate student. I feel I am receiving an education that will adequately prepare me for my chosen health care field. The instructors are well prepared and seem genuinely concerned about our education.
I would recommend the program I am in to other students choosing the same field. I wish tuition was not as much as it is and I wish I could obtain some financial help.