Arizona State University Reviews

9,236 reviews
I have had a great experience with ASU so far. They have many advisors to help you throughout your college career. They have academic advisors, career advisors,financial advisors, and success coaches. The web portal, Blackboard, is fairly easy to use, and you can access your classes, the library, advising, financial aid, tutoring, the registrar, and many other departments from Blackboard. Their tutoring and writing center are also very helpful, and they have reasonable hours.
ASU is an incredible school. I am so lucky to be in the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences. I have amazing advisors who are very helpful and I have made so many friends throughout the department and my degree program.
Overall my experience has been satisfactory. ASU has a beautiful campus and much to offer. I enjoyed attending ASU as an undergraduate and look forward to attending ASU as a graduate student.
Review Arizona State University
I attended ASU for 5 years and I completely loved it. However I wasn't very involved with campus life. Also from my time here about 2 years were completely online for me. I attended the downtown Phoenix campus which is my favorite of all campuses. I really loved the environment and professors there. I would have loved to have kept on going to school if I had not finished my major.
ASU has a very poor selection of staff when it comes to the engineering and physics programs. Most 'professors' there are people who are paid to do research at the school and asked to teach some courses on the side along with that. A lot of those researchers are ,well, researchers. They don't care about teaching the courses and couldn't care less if the students learn or not. They are only there at ASU to do research. There are a lot of clubs at ASU but most are poorly structured and don't last long. There is a lot of diversity since foreign exchange students love to come here. Overall, the atmosphere tries to be welcoming and cheery but when you look deeper it isn't really that great. It's really an 'every man for themselves' kind of place. I haven't looked into the party scene so I can't tell you much about that but the school seems to have been cracking down on it lately so it might not be as good as it used to be.
The campus grounds on each of the locations are very well maintained and always look beautiful, additionally they are always improving their campuses to create the best environment for their students. Additionally most if not all teachers are well equipped for their lesson each day, and very helpful.
I have been going to ASU online since the beginning of 2017 and the their program has been amazing. Whenever I have a question or need something to be taken care of by their staff, they are very quick to help and almost never have me on hold longer than a few minutes. Every time I get off the phone with them, I truly feel that everyone their is dedicated to helping me accomplish my goals and graduating on time.
This college is amazing, the location, the people, the schools, everything about ASU is perfect. Their journalism school is one of the best in the country and couldn't better prepare their students.
I love Arizona State University. I am currently a graduate student here. Sometimes the program can be a little cluttered and disorganized but there are so many professionals that are experts in their fields. It is obvious that they want the students to succeed, and they help in anyway that they can. I would recommend this school for anyone!
I love being at Arizona State. I am able to express myself freely in classes and feel welcomed when walking around campus
I enjoy attending Arizona State University because it has a lot of resources for students. I think that the student life is very active and there is a very popular night life. The students seem to be very health-conscious and are involved in outdoor activities . There does seem to be an issue with diversity in the sense of not many African-Americans and Latinos are present in the school. There is a high number of Anglo-Saxon as well Asian as well as Middle Eastern and Indian students . The school is well known for its business and engineering schools as well as its journalism and law schools. It is somewhat difficult to get appointments with advising and financially during peak times. I appreciate that they have a foster kids group which helps students who were part of foster care transition into university life. I believe the investment in ASU will pay off and allow me to take the direction I want in my career.
ASU is a very clean school, its non smoking policy gives the campus another environment. It is also very safe since there are many cops around. Something I would change is the type of food served on some of the dining halls.
Arizona State University is a great school! I am currently an interior design student at the Herberger Institute for Design and Arts at ASU. The professors are great and I have learned so much in the past 3 years. There are also so many clubs and things to do at ASU.
Best university. Great professor. Great communication on academic status. Always want you to be successful.
My father is an alumni of Arizona State University, so a clear choice for me. While the cost of classes at ASU are quite high, I feel that there is clear value for the cost. ASU is highly accredited and I have already been offered interviews for jobs simply due to the fact that I am attending ASU.
I live that I am taking all my courses online. It is amazing! I just wish some of the professors were more engaging like the rest of the professors, but that is okay.
More offers for upperclassmen housing. More information on graduation procedures. Stop raising the tuition rate. Show us what our money is being applied to that will benefit students.
Review Arizona State University
Arizona State is an incredible school to attend! I am an online only student and it is such a blessing that I can earn my degree from home! I work full-time and would otherwise have no way of attending a university nearby. The instructors and advisors work diligently in order to ensure your success. The classes are relevant and the coursework is manageable. I have learned a lot so far and am anxious to graduate to put these skills to use!
ASU is a great university with a variety of opportunities to excel in life rather than just academics.
Arizona State University is a great school. Just the professors the ones I had at least were horrible. The area of the tempe campus is great. It is basically its own little town honestly. Everything you need is all within walking distance or even getting an uber driver.