Arizona State University - Downtown Phoenix Campus Reviews

The Downtown Phoenix Campus is a smaller facet of Arizona State University, offering several general ed courses as well as those concerning journalism/media/nursing/law. The courses are taught by professors who challenge students and often keep to relevant assignments and lessons. Professors serve as a good source for students in need of help and are usually available. Relevance begins to lack when it comes to materials--more often than not "required" materials, which tend to cost quite a bit, are used far too sparingly within the semester to merit such emphasis.

An interesting facet concerning ASU's downtown campus is certainly its location. On the surface, it is placed in the midst of Phoenix, but the locations nearby are actually quite relevant to the the majors of interest designed for the schools there (for example, ASU's Cronkite School of Journalism is nearby major metropolitan news organizations). It is a nice way to immerse students that takes them beyond the classrooms.
Overall the downtown campus is wonderful! The environment is great and the instructors are helpful. The only real issue is getting from building to building and finding time efficient parking. Downtown Phoenix provides a very urban atmosphere and therefore is very pedestrian and bike rider friendly.
I recently started school at ASU in the Downtown Phoenix Campus and have greatly enjoyed my time here. From day one I felt welcomed and that I belonged to this school. The buildings are brand new with many accommodating spaces to study and relax. The professors are also very caring and willing to help students.
Start Your Review of Arizona State University - Downtown Phoenix Campus
A few things I like are the location of this campus, and for the most part the instructors make themselves available (office hours for ex) to go over any questions you have about the material. Sometimes some instructors can seem a little unorganized at times, so you kind of have to push to get what you need from those few.
I feel that when the classes are really big (150+) the professors do not really care about the academic success of their students as much.
Arizona State University is an excellent school with strong academics and a warm, welcoming community. I chose to attend ASU because despite its high rankings and state-of-the-art facilities, all of its campuses are filled with cheerful, friendly, down-to-earth people who know what really matters: integrity, kindness and getting the job done. ASU offers the benefits of an excellent academic environment while sparing students from the arrogant and stuffy attitude so many Ivy League alma maters offer.

ASU is a truly fun school to attend. Its cafeterias are fantastic, the campuses are clean, and there is always something fun going on, no matter which campus you're at. If you're an in-state student, this school offers an awesome bang for your buck.
There are many resources and staff that offer much help. No one feels alone and it's educational system is amazing allowing us be prepared for our future.
ASU downtown is an amazing campus. Everyone is nice and helpful. There are a lot of restaurants around. There professors are also every experienced and are great!
I love this campus because everything is 5-10 minutes away. Classes are small so you get 1 on 1 with your teachers. Food is great around this campus. There is a lot of healthy options!
ASU Downtown is a widely diverse campus, with fun loving and caring teachers. Most, if not all, the teachers on the downtown campus are well rounded and have much experience in the fields they are teaching. The atmosphere itself is very safe and the campus itself if new. The campus is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix, and so it offers a wide variety of activities to do. Yes, the party scene here may not be the most exciting, but with the Tempe campus only a 30 minute shuttle ride away, getting your party fix won't be too hard.
The campus is very nice and is in Downtown Phoenix, so there are many good places such as restaurants and coffee stores. All the professors are very nice and care about their student.
The downtown campus does not have the college atmosphere as the Tempe campus does. The academics is great and professors are fine, it just doesn't seem like you are in college!
ASU downtown campus has great professors that are incredibly knowledgeable in their field. The campus is in the heart of downtown where there is plenty to do before or after class, and there are countless coffee shops where you can sit and finish homework assignments. My only complaint about ASU downtown campus is the lack of parking area for students. I really wish there were more lots for students to park that are closer to campus buildings. I enjoy walking, and it is a great form of exercise, however, I do not enjoy arriving to my afternoon class dripping with sweat and stinking up the classroom. I think more students would attend if the parking situation was more bearable.
I loved being a student at the Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus. I enjoyed attending this campus because it is smaller and more compact. Because of this it's very easy to meet people and make new friends and connections. Since the campus is downtown it is also by some great cafes and coffee shops to study at or get work done.
I love the Downtown Phoenix campus. Tempe can be a bit intimidating for incoming freshmen, but DTPHX offers a smaller, more inclusive atmosphere with fewer people and a closer-knit community, in my opinion. I would definitely recommend it for someone who doesn't want to feel overwhelmed by Tempe's size but also wants to be able to meet people and interact with them around the city.
Arizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus has played an integral role in my overall intellectual development. The professors are dedicated and passionate about the content they disseminate to students, there's a plethora of resources available to students (financing, advising, tutoring, career development, internships, disability services etc.), the campus is inviting, and the surrounding vicinity is growing exponentially, which also offering a vast array of opportunities and services to students and/or recent graduates. These aforesaid components are just a few of the reasons why ASU Downtown Phoenix Campus is a remarkable institution to achieve higher education.
I love this campus, I do not think I can have any sort of complaints towards it. At the end of the day, I'm getting an education and pursuing my future goals, so I'm blessed. I really love the size of the campus, very small so it is easy to navigate yourself and find your classes. The fact that it's in Downtown, my favorite spot in Phoenix, gives it a very lively and hip feel, lots of great food, art, and culture. Classes are usually small so there is more one on one communication with professors, something that is undoubtedly beneficial. All in all, I can say the ASU Downtown Campus can be the right pick for everyone.
Start Your Review of Arizona State University - Downtown Phoenix Campus
Downtown Phoenix campus is a great transition into the college life. It is a small campus with all of your classes close by. Night life and sports events are all in Tempe so you spend a lot of money on transportation either because the shuttle has stopped running or you're not comfortable taking the light rail with the people that are on it at night, so you opt for Uber or Lyft.
It's a very close community at the Downtown Campus. Smaller classes allow for more personal relationships with the professors which strengthens the learning environment. Great people down here that are always looking for a friend or there to help you if you need assistance.
I am a Community Health student at ASU and I can proudly say that I love my school and enjoy being a Sun Devil. However, I feel like coming to ASU is the best choice that i have made in choosing colleges. Very diverse and full of culture, Arizona State University really is #1 in Innovation