Arcadia University Reviews

1,156 reviews
Although Arcadia University has its flaws, it is really a tight-knit community here. Everyone looks out for everyone, everyone is kind to one another, and we all fight for what we believe in.
Arcadia is known for its wonderful study abroad opportunities! I spent an entire semester in the UK during my freshman year. The professors at Arcadia truly value each student, and are willing to go out of their way to help cultivate the educational growth of each student. There are always engaging campus activities. For off-campus activities, the city of Philadelphia is just 10 minutes away by train. There are also apartments within a 5 minute walk of campus where students can live for an affordable price. There aren't many food options, so it's best not to buy the meal plan. Lots of scholarship money available for financial aid. Overall, Arcadia is pretty great.
I really enjoy the unity on campus and the strength in the relationships between teachers and students. However, myself and many other students beg for change in regards to campus food.
Start Your Review of Arcadia University
Arcadia University is a great school with a beautiful campus and so many amazing opportunities. There is a great sense of acceptance and community on campus. They are also number one in the nation for study abroad.
I would like to see more people of color as well as more on campus activities. There is a divide at my campus. Also the food is not the greatest. More professors of color too. Not just staff.
I like the atmosphere at Arcadia University. The people and professors were friendly when I met them. I'm looking forward to attend in Fall 2018.
Arcadia is a safe and accepting college that is very supportive of their students. I recommend it for students who are looking for a small community with big a heart and passion for what they believe and teach. The professors no doubt love to teach and will do all they can to help.
This school is small. With only around 6000 students (graduates included) we get to actually know our teachers and classmates. We have so much diversity here also it doesn't matter where you came from Arcadia is very welcoming with everyone. That's what sold me on this campus about a year ago today.
I think Arcadia has a beautiful campus and is surrounded by a friendly neighborhood. But the classes can be either extremely easy or extremely hard. In my experience I have not had a class somewhere in the middle. What I would like to see change is the connections on campus. I feel everyone has there clique and if they don't like you than a lot of other people don't like you. Or that the sports teams are very closed and don't really allow for others to join.
Arcadia University is in generally a very decent school. Academic-wise, it sufficiently delivers and there are a lot of excellent and approachable professors. Its administration, however, could be a lot better. Clubs and activities are pretty decent, quite a lot of programs for students. If you're looking for parties, however, it's not the school for you.
Amazing people! As a commuter the commuter lounge is my go to as the commuter assistants are friendly. The teachers are funny and helpful.
I really enjoy the small student to teacher ratio, in my experience there is always a direct line of communication with professors who are willing to give feedback and want feedback in return. As an art student I feel that my peers in my department are like family.
The academics are what drew me to this campus, and the professors really take an initiative in their students. The student life is excellent, and if you put yourself out there, you will have a fantastic experience. Diversity is very important to all members of the campus community, and resonates deep within the roots of the college's mission, in which all students are taught to think through a global perspective. Housing and dining services have been the only negative experiences I've had within the institution.
The administration has gone through quite a bit of messiness over the years that I have attended, but hopefully with the new president it will be different. Arcadia has also prided itself on its small campus and small classes but now they are cutting classes that are less than 15 people. They are dissolving smaller majors and receiving a lot of backlash for it. It is an expensive small school and they can't follow through with paying professors and providing the education that students want, so students transfer after taking advantage of the Freshman Preview program. Study abroad is cheaper than the school itself.
Arcadia professors are very liberal and do not want to hear any conservative views which is very apparent in the classroom.
My overall experience at Arcadia University has been alright. The school does great in some areas but needs some work in others. I love Arcadia's small class size. I enjoy being able to have a relationship with my professors. If I need extra help, my teachers are willing to meet with me outside of class and help me. On the other hand, the school does not have much to do. The campus is pretty boring. Also, the food is horrible. There are only two places to eat on campus. Other schools often allow students to use their meal swipes in other restaurants but Arcadia does not have that option.
Class size allows for an intimate setting and for personal relationships with professors. Atmosphere of campus is very laid back and contemporary.
Start Your Review of Arcadia University
The small class sizes/school is great for student and faculty interaction, especially during lectures and more difficult classes. The professors are the greatest aspect of the school, especially the biology department, always willing to help and interact with students to ensure comprehension. Other aspects of the school are not so great, for instance the food, the cleanliness, and the supplies provided for students are all below par.
I have had a few great teachers that help me learn and grow as a person, and I have had some teachers that just give constant information and exams while not really caring how you retain or handle it all. I've had teachers that treated me equal in comparison to students that weren't my race, and I've been singled out by my teachers or not defended by my teachers when race comes up. Being African American doesn't mean that I like being stared at by my 98% white class when we're on the topic of slavery. It also doesn't mean that I'm okay with that class comparing my race to insects/animals/arachnids. It also doesn't help my college experience if I'm told by athletic coaches that I shouldn't even bother coming for tryouts or sending videos because division 3 teams only want superstars and trophy winners.
Arcadia is very much so a 'not for everyone' school. It's for people who prefer a quiet night in with a few friends over a huge college party. I've met some of the best people of my life here. Study abroad and small class sizes are the big selling points with this school.