Arcadia University Reviews

1,142 reviews
My overall experience at Arcadia University has been alright. The school does great in some areas but needs some work in others. I love Arcadia's small class size. I enjoy being able to have a relationship with my professors. If I need extra help, my teachers are willing to meet with me outside of class and help me. On the other hand, the school does not have much to do. The campus is pretty boring. Also, the food is horrible. There are only two places to eat on campus. Other schools often allow students to use their meal swipes in other restaurants but Arcadia does not have that option.
Class size allows for an intimate setting and for personal relationships with professors. Atmosphere of campus is very laid back and contemporary.
The small class sizes/school is great for student and faculty interaction, especially during lectures and more difficult classes. The professors are the greatest aspect of the school, especially the biology department, always willing to help and interact with students to ensure comprehension. Other aspects of the school are not so great, for instance the food, the cleanliness, and the supplies provided for students are all below par.
Review Arcadia University
I have had a few great teachers that help me learn and grow as a person, and I have had some teachers that just give constant information and exams while not really caring how you retain or handle it all. I've had teachers that treated me equal in comparison to students that weren't my race, and I've been singled out by my teachers or not defended by my teachers when race comes up. Being African American doesn't mean that I like being stared at by my 98% white class when we're on the topic of slavery. It also doesn't mean that I'm okay with that class comparing my race to insects/animals/arachnids. It also doesn't help my college experience if I'm told by athletic coaches that I shouldn't even bother coming for tryouts or sending videos because division 3 teams only want superstars and trophy winners.
Arcadia is very much so a 'not for everyone' school. It's for people who prefer a quiet night in with a few friends over a huge college party. I've met some of the best people of my life here. Study abroad and small class sizes are the big selling points with this school.
I have had a lovely experience at Arcadia so far. My classes are small, allowing me ample interaction with my professors and the subject matter through deep discussion with students who actually care about the classes they take. I have gone to China and Washington DC for conferences and will be spending a year abroad in an opportunity to further my education. This school offers not just an education, but an experience that will change you for the better.
Arcadia can be a little boring if you don't have many friends. There is no Greek life and there aren't many sports. We don't even have a football team because we are such a small school. There is stuff to do around Arcadia but you need a car to get to them. There is also a train station about a 10-15 minute walk from campus that takes you into Philly.
Arcadia is a small school but a school that I love. It has an amazing study abroad program that is greatly emphasized. It also has a fabulous science department tat prepares students for even further education. The one downside to Arcadia is how expensive the tuition is. I do not see the need for the outlandish price of Arcadia when it is compared to similar schools with lower tuition. Otherwise, Arcadia is a great school to further my education.
Although the university itself was decent, the environment of Arcadia University does not allow students to grow and expand. The small campus and student body does allow room for close, personal relationships, but also hinders a student's ability to create a variety of friends; and often ends in small, judgmental cliques. Overall, an "okay" experience.
Arcadia is an oddly magical place. Like any college, there are things to complain about for each individual but overall it isn't a bad school, in fact it's quite good! One, the campus is beautiful, well kept. The housing and a few other buildings could use renovation and expansion but it's still quite nice. Academics is pretty impressive but not all the professors deserve the same critique. Athletics are probably one of the few weak points at Arcadia but the teams are still loved and celebrated properly by the student body and faculty. Campus food is undoubtedly the weakest link, enough said. Safety regulations and security could be better. The party scene is weak if you don't know the right people. Diversity is very impressive, probably due to Arcadia's intense focus on international education but nonetheless impressive. Girls are the dominant gender here though, by far, but to be fair it used to be an all girls private school. Ultimately, an amazing experience and beautiful school.
Arcadia is a great school for someone looking for serious one-on-one attention. Arcadia is really small, and your relationships with your professors are very personal. The campus is beautiful, and the atmosphere is really accepting and the value of education is the most important part of Arcadia. If you want to travel, this school is definitely for you as we have one of the best study abroad programs in the country.
Arcadia University is the place to go for any and all study abroad wants and needs. Along with countless countries to study in, the Freshmen Preview Program allows every student the equal opportunity to learn and travel.
The campus is pretty small, so if you don't want a big school this is the place to be. Classes are small (15-40 people), so you can get to know your professors. Since this is a division three school sports aren't very big here, unless you count basketball. The professors I've had so far really know what they're taking about and are good at tecahing. They're also willing to sit down and help you if you're confused.
This school is trash. Don't go to it. Everyone wants to leave after the first semester. Awful school choice.
I love how small the campus is, the study abroad opportunities, and the people at Arcadia. But nothing happens there ever. Ever.
I really enjoy the study abroad opportunities, the modern languages department, and the small class sizes. I feel like the professors here really care about me and want me to succeed.
As a student who lives here the life at at Arcadia is not too bad buy the food and the amount of money we need to pay just to attend is a bit ridiculous.
Review Arcadia University
It's a beautiful campus: green hills, nifty looking buildings, and a castle on the hillside. Students typically rush to and fro on their way to classes or their latest appointment. Certain administrative offices are more welcoming than others. Student life is decent. The student programming board works hard to provide entertainment and events every weekend.
Arcadia University is great for amybody who wishes to study abroad. Not only that, but they have a stellar international program and physician assistant/physical therapist program. It's a great school if you know you want to travel.
I had amazing professors who were very genuine about their teaching styles and cared for the wellbeing of their students. Also the study abroad program is phenomenal!!