1. Littleton, CO
  2. 2 Year

Arapahoe Community College Reviews

The reason for my review being only 3 stars is due to the fact that there should be more clubs and orginizations. I didnt feel at home or like I was welcome. Making friends was hard due to the fact that there werent very many ways to meet people other than class.
Students are supportive of others and willing to collaborate. If you are in need of assistance, the teachers are almost always willing to answer any questions and make accommodations you may need.
I like how it has various scholarships that suit everyone. What I would change about it is that the scholarships can be a little more organized.
Arapahoe community college offers a lot of different degrees to go for and starter programs for higher level programs. They have a lot of different clubs and activities to do outside of class but I wish they would make them more knowledgeable to everyone.
It is an amazing college, with a wonderful staff and students. I feel safe on campus at all times, and the classes are not to difficult.
Arapahoe Community College is a great starting block to earn an associates degree and move onto a 4 year school. The teachers are there to help you if you're just starting out or already have an idea of what you want to do, and point you in the right direction.
The biggest hurdle to overcome was myself. Any help you need can be had if you just ask. I didn't think I needed academic advising but everyone I meet with them, I feel better about the courses I've chosen. The classes and curriculum are so many to choose from especially with the campuses.
I wasn't sure if it was going to be right for me but ended up being very convenient.
After my appointment I realized I was on the right track I've always liked computers and helping people.
  • College Junior
  • Value
Using programs like TestOut is very educational. As close to reality as you can get.
There are opportunities as work study but have not come across internship opportunity yet. I would love the chance to be used in the IT department as an intern
  • College Junior
  • Value
Professors are knowledgeable and passionate about what the teach. Very approachable and willing to help with your subject problems. I like the smaller classrooms more because you can get to know the other student better.
Its a community college so its easy to switch things around and have all the resources you need. Everyone is so willing to help and it just gives out a good vibe.
Almost all of the classes I've taken have had online courses as well as in person ones. I enjoy the online classes and recently it seems they've amped up the difficulty of the courses.
Guaranteed transfer to any school in Colorado is great.
  • Recent Alumnus
  • Value
I've enjoyed both the online and in person courses I've taken. However, there is a large gap in difficulty between professors sometimes. I had a situation where I got a D in an Astronomy class because due to horrible luck I couldn't make it to the final test and the teacher wouldn't allow for a retake, so I had to retake the course again with a different teacher and found that the workloads between teachers varied significantly. So it is important to look into which professor you choose when registering for courses!
Credits are guaranteed transfer to any college in Colorado so I think that is the value of a degree from this school.
  • Recent Alumnus
  • Value
I've switched majors many times so I don't know if I'm qualified to answer this question. I've just been taking courses which count towards my associates arts so that I can transfer and go into an education field. I've enjoyed the child development and psych courses I've taken though.
I've never been to any other college so I'm not quite sure exactly how this stands up against any other, but I love this school. No real problems with it except that some of the teachers are much more difficult than others even if they are teaching the same course. I'm sure that's true for other colleges but that's the only real negative experience I've had at this college. Advising is helpful and the library is nice, students are nice and I've enjoyed my time attending.
All aspects have been very easily accessible