Appalachian State University Reviews

2,242 reviews
Appalachian State has become my home away from home. Campus is beautiful and there are always plenty of activities going on to keep you busy. Joining clubs and organizations on campus have helped me to meet my best friends and become involved in the Boone community.
I love App State! The mountains are beautiful and it's close to home for me. The people are friendly and down-to-earth. Although people are friendly, opposing and more conservative views aren't necessarily accepted. Although I am a minority, I still enjoy going to school there, and the education is very thorough and most professors are helpful and want their students to succeed.
I love Appalachian. There are so many opportunities at this school. Everyday it seems there is something going on within the campus. Numerous opportunities continue to come my way. Professors go out of their way to see you succeed.
Review Appalachian State University
Appalachian State University is a great campus with beautiful scenic mountains in every direction. There are so many opportunities for outdoor activities ranging from hiking to snowboarding.
App State is fantastic and I would not trade my time here for anything. I love how environmentally focused the campus is and their dedication to preserving the beauty that is all around campus. Also the atmosphere is unbelievable, everyone here is so friendly and always up to hang out whether it be at the library a football game or out at the bars. I definitely do not want to leave. One thing that I would like to see changed is the whole parking situation. It is very hard to park here but also Boone does not really have space for parking.
It's a very clean and amazing university. Everyone is very nice and friendly here. Everyone wants to help you out and be kind to you. I feel like I'm learning so much and am so happy here.
The academics and professors are excellent, but the campus can seem cramped at times. Having intimate class sizes are great for being able to get help when needed and you will learn a lot.
Appalachian State is a wonderful university. The campus is accessible and easy to navigate. It is one of the best athletic and academic schools in the state.
Appalachian State has it all! The University has a wide range of majors, a friendly campus, the cost is very reasonable, financial aid opportunities for all students, has a good student to teacher ratio, many internship opportunities, and has very good job placement rates.
I feel that App State if very safe and overall friendly. The professors are kind and caring they help there students in any way possible. App will be putting in new dorms in the next few year which was a much-needed change. Also, they are in the process of building a new nursing building and it will be completed next year. App has a great business and education department and have many new upcoming departments. I am grateful that I came to Appalachia State because it let me find myself, helped me grow up and be responsible for my actions and my life.
I am so happy I chose to attend college at Appalachian State University. My experience at App has been incredible so far and I'm not even done with my first year. Students on campus are truly genuine and kind people interested in getting an education while living on one of the most beautiful campuses in North Carolina. The professors, faculty, and staff of the University are all amazing and dedicated to their work helping students navigate college. I would definitely recommend Appalachian to any students trying to find their perfect college.
I really enjoy going to Appalachian State! The view of the mountains is magnificent and the spring weather is the best. If you enjoy the snow, the winters are pretty good too. The only downside, weather wise, is the wind; the wind is terrible! The campus is great though and the school has so much to offer; I would recommend attending here.
This is a terrific school with engaged, friendly students and talented, caring faculty. The campus' physical and geographic beauty is breathtaking. The mountains will entice you to ski, snowboard, hike, camp, fish, and so much more. The Honors College is prestigious and well-regarded nationally. I chose to attend App State over NC State and it's the best decision I ever made. You will be so happy here. It's impossible not to love this unique school.
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Absolutely love App! I have had the time of my life here and have learned so much. The only thing I would like to see change is more on campus parking!
I feel that Appalachian State University is a college that accepts everyone no matter of their background or disabilities. I have had emergency medical circumstances to arise and the professors were more than willing to work with me. The price of tuition is one of the cheapest in North Carolina as well as the book rental program that is offered to the students. So far, despite the health issues I have faced while attending ASU, I would say my experience has been great so far!
The atmosphere at Appalachian State is amazing from the students to the athletics. The academics are good and when you need some down time you can go down the ski slopes.
Review Appalachian State University
I absolutely love App State! It is such a welcoming school and all of the professors truly care about each of their students. I would not change anything about my experience here at App State.
A very beautiful campus, with a very large array of classes to choose from and explore to help those who may not know what they want to do yet. All services provided by ASU are very friendly and helpful.
The campus is stunning. Nestled in the mountains, it is the perfect college to attend if you love the snow. Thus far I have found the academics fairly good. Nothing has appeared to be difficult because of a professor's unwillingness to accommodate the student. Everyone is inviting, and it is a great place to receive an education.