Appalachian State University Reviews

2,259 reviews
Appalachian offers a strong sense of community for everyone. Everyone is kind and welcoming and all so encouraging during your time studying at App.
I love Appalachian. The student body, the campus atmosphere, and the surrounding area are what make Appalachian a great school. And in the fall, the leaves turn into beautiful shades of orange, red and yellow - a must see!
First of all, Boone is a very beautiful town to live in. There are many opportunities for the outdoorsman, and to expand your horizons. App itself is a wonderful school, there are lots of different academic opportunities, as well as social ones. The orientation is very thorough, and you come to college ready for being on your own. There are lots of resources for tutoring and such. I'd really suggest knowing what classes you want to take before you meet with your advisor, though, they can be busy and overworked at times, and it really helps if you take control of your own academic life.
Review Appalachian State University
I love the campus. It's not too big, but not a small campus either. The campus is kept clean and I always enjoy the walk to class because there are flowers everywhere. It is a beautiful campus. I transferred here from a smaller community college, and ASU made that process smooth. I especially like that there is the Appalbus, whose routes visit almost all the apartment complexes. They make it so much easier for those of us living off campus to get to class and save money on gas. I have only had a few professors who I didn't enjoy taking, but that is likely an issue at any college or university. Most professors I have had love what they do and work to make sure you're understanding the material.
I love everything about the school, including teachers and the campus. It feels great waking up to the mountains everyday. Also, all teachers seem to want to help you in every way possible and are completely dedicated to what they are teaching.
I love Appalachian State University! The friendly staff and students are welcoming! I would like to change the fact that people view the school as a place where all we do is smoke weed.
I've loved it so far! My freshman year at App has connected me with so many new opportunities and not only is the school amazing, but the surrounding area of Boone is great too!
Appalachian State University is an absolute blast to attend. Most of the professors are committed to improving their students and are eager to teach. The campus is absolutely remarkable, there is so much to do , and so much to see. The campus is also located near a number of popular hiking spots which is a plus for me. Being in the mountains offers a lot of recreational opportunities. The campus is very safe and is committed to ensuring students have an enjoyable time. Overall I absolutely love this place!
I've had an amazing experience here at Appalachian State thus far. The people here are unique, accepting and fun to be around! The professors truly care about helping you, and always there to talk to you and help you in any way, even when it's not their office hours. The food options on campus and around the town of Boone are amazing. Most things are locally grown and harvested, with plenty of Vegan/Vegetarian and gluten free/allergy free options. The atmosphere on campus and through out the whole community is one of adventure and excitement. The students really enjoy getting outside and getting active. The Blue Ridge Parkway has some of the best views in the United States, but I may be a little biased! Blowing Rock isn't very far away if you're looking for an adventure close to home--which is EXACTLY what I would call Appalachian State University--HOME.
It is a wonderful campus with beautiful climate lots of acres the tuition is reasonable lots of parking space the environment is clean and fresh.
Overall it's been a great experience, Boone is a great place to hang out and the surrounding areas are beautiful.
I love everything about campus. The teachers are always willing to work with you and your schedule. Classes are at a good walking distance. Everyone is friendly which makes this school feel more like home.
What I love about Appalachian is how many resources there are to be successful. There should really never be a reason to fall in grade performance at this school, because no only are the majority of our book rentals free or cheap, we have many free tutoring, writing offices, study groups that almost everyone is apart of because its so easy to attain. Being a minority, I will say the diversity is lacking, but the warm and friendly culture of Boone itself, makes up for any indifferences you would see at any typical university. Also the dorm choices are limited and they're extremely outdated in comparison to almost any college which is a huge hindrance at times.
I love the environment at this university. It is easy for an individual to feel at home here with all of the inclusion clubs that are provided on campus. If there isn't something that someone found they wanted to participate in, it is very easy to get an organization started at this school.
Appalachain State is located in a beautiful nook in the mountains, which is both amazing to live in and play in. The area around the university is full of adventure and surprises, and the school itself is very welcoming to students and people of all kinds.
I don't go here but this seems like a very nice university to attend! Love the campus and the scenery is beautiful.
I love the school, it has given me an opportunity to grow as a person in many different ways. I've learned about my passions here. I love the outdoors and thanks to this campus and it's location, i get to enjoy all aspects of nature. I also have made so many new friends, clubs on campus make it really easy to get involved. When it comes to classes, not one day has not been interesting. The staff and campus administration do their absolute best to provide a great campus environment.
Review Appalachian State University
Appalachian State has become my home away from home. Campus is beautiful and there are always plenty of activities going on to keep you busy. Joining clubs and organizations on campus have helped me to meet my best friends and become involved in the Boone community.
I love App State! The mountains are beautiful and it's close to home for me. The people are friendly and down-to-earth. Although people are friendly, opposing and more conservative views aren't necessarily accepted. Although I am a minority, I still enjoy going to school there, and the education is very thorough and most professors are helpful and want their students to succeed.
I love Appalachian. There are so many opportunities at this school. Everyday it seems there is something going on within the campus. Numerous opportunities continue to come my way. Professors go out of their way to see you succeed.