Appalachian State University Reviews

2,342 reviews
Appalachian State University is the best thing to ever happen to me, and I can not thank God enough for giving me the blessing of being a student there.
Its a beautiful campus with a very caring community. However traffic is a nightmare and the surrounding town offers little in the way of entertainment.
I went to Appalachian for two years and I adored it. It is by far one of the most beautiful campuses in North Carolina. You're surrounded by breathtaking mountain views anywhere you look. It's a very progressive college as well. The students and staff are excepting of every race, gender, sexual orientation, and religion of a person. The staff are phenomenal and most classes are set in smaller group setting making it easier to have a connection with the students and professor. I highly recommend Appalachian to any student considering or not!
Start Your Review of Appalachian State University
I love the fresh air and all the activities available. The town is adorable and fun to walk around. I have had both negative and positive experiences with professors but most were good. My freshman year was very difficult as I felt I did not fit in, but it got better once I declared my major and found cool people I could relate to. Overall App is a good school and in my experience inclusive.
App State is a wonderful place to go to school. I am a chemistry student here and the professors I have had are all so caring and truly want their students to do well and learn the material.
Appalachian state University is located in the mountains. It is a beautiful environment. The dorm I was living in was located right next to a lovely park which had lots of benches you could sit on and take in the beautiful scenery.
I also loved the classes. Some of them were more difficult than others, but I can honestly say I learned something in each one.
The dorms were nice; you did have a roommate, but that's to be expected. I liked how accepting the Appalachian community was. Neither race, religion, gender, nor sexual orientation mattered. Everyone was very nice.
Campus food is one of the few things i would criticize. Most of it wasn't too bad, and some of it was really awesome, but it was all more costly than what you could get off campus. And as freshmen are required to be on a meal plan, that meant spending more money than I would have otherwise needed to.
Appalachian State University was one of the most aesthetically pleasing universities I have visited. The academics have proven to be very good because of the graduation rate as well as the percentage of students who receive high-paying jobs once graduated.
Appalachian State University is a great institution. The professors genuinely care about their students success. They are also many opportunities to do research alongside your professors. Their are many great ways to get involve with the campus community. Community service, religious clubs, and sports are a few great ways to get involve. The scenery is amazing. The cool crisp mountain air is refreshing. At the beginning of fall semester and the end of spring semester are great opportunities to go hiking and camping. The people of Boone and Appalachian are very friendly, you will feel welcomed and you will feel like your apart of the community.
A midst the natural beauty of the blue ridge mountains surrounding Appalachian State University's campus is a spirit of love, tolerance, and compassion for all living things. The atmosphere is truly magical, and radiates kindness like no other college campus I have visited. I am so proud to attend a university that I truly believe touches the soul of every student, faculty member, and visitor. I have no doubt that I will forever treasure the time I have spent, the memories I have made, and the lessons I have learned at Appalachian State University.
Appalachian is a great college to attend. Boone is an awesome college town. The courses are challenging and have a wide selection to choose from. There is a lot of clubs and club sports to chose from. The only downfall is the lack of dorms and apartments in town go fast.
I thoroughly have enjoyed my experience at Appalachian State University. Most professors are friendly and in my experience quite knowledgeable about their area of expertise. Vibrant student life on campus with hundreds of extracurricular organizations and clubs ranging from archery to civic engagement. The general opinion is that there is something left to be desired of the food, but I personally haven't had much of an issue with it. Some dorms are more spruced up and renovated than others. Lack of diversity deprives students of valuable learning experiences -- although this is something that the university has been trying to improve for the past couple of years.
I was an athlete at Appalachian and I really loved it. There became a lot of racial slurs my last 2 years of college that I wished the administration acted better in handling the situation. Despite this, I liked the campus and classes.
The people (including both students and professors) are the main reason Appalachian State is such a great university. The professors really care about what they teach, and even care about their students. They're always super helpful with anything you may need. The students are also awesome. From my orientation day before freshman year I felt welcomed here. No one really judges each other - it's actually a very supportive campus. We're all rooting for each other. The locals are super nice too, and Boone itself is a great town to be in.
I like the location of the university. It's in the mountains and whenever I need a break from school I can just take a short trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
I have one year left before I graduate from Appalachian and overall, I have had a positive experience. I attend the distance education in Hickory, so that is a positive feature that I am grateful to have taken advantage of. I was appreciative of the instructors who let the students know ahead of time whether or not a textbook was necessary for their course.
One of the best decisions of my life was choosing App State to pursue higher education. The resources available to students are unparalleled by most other public schools, and the campus has a beautiful mountain atmosphere perfect for long afternoons studying on the mall.
Absolutely amazing music program I have grown a significant amount as a musician. Not to mention the amazing apartment I was lucky enough to get. Right next to the music building and King street.
Start Your Review of Appalachian State University
I have enjoyed the community and support that Appalachian has provided me. I have been capable of delving more into my area of interest while discovering what makes me passionate within my field alongside - just as enthusiastic - professors.
Overall, my experience at Appalachian State as been the very best. I have grown significantly as an individual and met the people who I know will be in my life forever. The campus is beautiful, the student activities are engaging and meaningful, the academics are competitive, and the administration is friendly and caring. The only thing I would like to see improve on this campus is the diversity.
App State is a great school! There are so many opportunities for students to grow and the professors and other staff members are all very welcoming and encouraging throughout the four years. I am a music major and work for housing. Because of these opportunities, I have had the chance to meet so many wonderful people at Appalachian and I truly believe I picked the best school for me.