Appalachian State University Reviews

2,329 reviews
I like the location of the university. It's in the mountains and whenever I need a break from school I can just take a short trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
I have one year left before I graduate from Appalachian and overall, I have had a positive experience. I attend the distance education in Hickory, so that is a positive feature that I am grateful to have taken advantage of. I was appreciative of the instructors who let the students know ahead of time whether or not a textbook was necessary for their course.
One of the best decisions of my life was choosing App State to pursue higher education. The resources available to students are unparalleled by most other public schools, and the campus has a beautiful mountain atmosphere perfect for long afternoons studying on the mall.
Start Your Review of Appalachian State University
Absolutely amazing music program I have grown a significant amount as a musician. Not to mention the amazing apartment I was lucky enough to get. Right next to the music building and King street.
I have enjoyed the community and support that Appalachian has provided me. I have been capable of delving more into my area of interest while discovering what makes me passionate within my field alongside - just as enthusiastic - professors.
Overall, my experience at Appalachian State as been the very best. I have grown significantly as an individual and met the people who I know will be in my life forever. The campus is beautiful, the student activities are engaging and meaningful, the academics are competitive, and the administration is friendly and caring. The only thing I would like to see improve on this campus is the diversity.
App State is a great school! There are so many opportunities for students to grow and the professors and other staff members are all very welcoming and encouraging throughout the four years. I am a music major and work for housing. Because of these opportunities, I have had the chance to meet so many wonderful people at Appalachian and I truly believe I picked the best school for me.
I love the diversity. All students have an opportunity to find groups or clubs that are of interest in some type of way to each and every student. I really love the free speech tunnel. The classes are amazing. And campus life is exhilarating.
The only downfall as a freshman was parking. I had to walk 2 miles to my dorm. I am now staying in a cottage for my sophomore year so parking will be a lot better. Food choices are awesome.
I love the small town feel that fails to limit all the opportunities and resources available to studens. I love that Appalachian is an environmentally conscious school. I also love that it is so close to the Blue Ridge Parkway making weekend hiking and exploring easy.
Just finished my Freshman year and absolutely love it. There is so much to do around the campus, hiking, snowboarding, etc.
Appalachian State University has a wonderful campus feel. The architecture of the school itself is something to cherish. If you're looking for a relaxed and enjoyable experience Appalachian is for you. If you want a diverse and serious education, that may not be the case. While Appalachian has good things to bring to the table academically, I found I did not feel challenged in my classes the way I wanted to.
It is a great university! I wouldn't choose another school. It is in such a beautiful area. It is one of the best schools i have looked at.
I was very unsure of which college to choose as a senior in high school. But now that I am at Appalachian State University, I would not change it for the world. I absolutely love this college. The scenery of the mountains is breathtaking, and the people of Boone are so friendly and welcoming. There are many things to do off campus no matter what the season like hiking, skiing, kayaking, and sightseeing. There are also activities on campus such as enoing, swimming, slack lining, or tanning on Sanford Mall. The professors are knowledgeable and engaging. Classes at Appalachian are interesting and allow students to study a wide variety of subjects. What I enjoy most about this college is the people. Both students and professors are very accepting and welcoming of all students.
The environment makes the college experience so much more valuable. The teachers are awesome and very hands-on so your education is highly beneficial. You learn more about yourself and develop an open-minded perspective due to great opportunities provided on campus through Appalachian State University. Couldn't imagine myself anywhere else.
App state has my heart. From the beautiful campus, to the mountain lifestyle, to the professors that want to lead and guide you. This school has so many opportunities available to its students and it really is the best environment I have ever had the pleasure of living within.
When our daughter was little we would drive from Raleigh to Boone area to camp. We would go into Boone to shop, eat, sightsee. Welcoming little community with University. Old hardware store with mountain and hiking supply. Little shops with cool merchandise. Tasty food. Near Merlefest celebration started by Doc Watson. Mountain music venues and trading/swap gatherings. As North Carolinians say "Olde timey". Family friendly area. Parking is off street so walking is a must, easy to get around because all is center located. Young folks and family wanting a stroll will enjoy. I look forward to going back someday now that we live in Ohio.
The campus is great, it is easy to make friends with over 400 clubs on campus. The campus is big enough that it doesn't feel like you're constricted, but also not big enough to where you feel like all that is here is the campus. The High Country has lots to do and plenty of people to do things with.
Start Your Review of Appalachian State University
App State is in a beautiful location with an awesome downtown area right next to the campus with great restaurants, and the university itself has awesome professors and a great learning resource center with a multitude of services geared towards helping students succeed.
The area in which the campus is located in is amazing. There are plenty of outdoor activities to partake in such as hiking and camping. The campus is very clean and easily accessible, it takes about 15 minutes to get from one end of the campus to another. The professors are great, it seems that they are always available to help when I email them with questions or asking if they could meet in person for an extra review session.
App State is in a beautiful location with a wonderful community. I have no regrets about attending school here.