COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Appalachian continues to closely monitor the developing COVID-19 situation as we plan for the upcoming academic year. To ensure the safety of students, families and our staff, we are not hosting in-person meeting hours and are fully virtual at this time. Please see ways to connect with our admission team at admissions.appstate.edu/coronavirus-updates Learn More
- Party SceneA-
- Campus FoodB+
- Student LifeA+
- Branch of
- University of North Carolina System
Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains and as the premier public undergraduate institution in the state of North Carolina, Appalachian State University prepares students to lead purposeful lives as global citizens who understand and engage their responsibilities in creating a sustainable future for all. The Appalachian Experience promotes a spirit of inclusion that brings people together in inspiring ways to acquire and create knowledge, to grow holistically, to act with passion and determination, and to embrace diversity and difference.
Appalachian State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.127 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.148 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.148 responses
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.204 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.232 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.91 responses