Antioch College Reviews

We are doing some lectures online, but all of my classes are in person. One professor records all his lectures and all my teachers upload their powerpoints and word documents in drive or canvas for us to go back over.
Antioch College is a beautiful school in a beautiful town that houses less than 3,000 people, a lot of which are Antioch Alumni themselves. I love the classes, the teachers, the staff, and other students. Antioch is a very safe place for me to live and a welcoming place of learning.
Every school has their flaws and Antioch is no exception, it is an underpopulated school, in need of more students so they can afford more faculty and be able to repair the abandoned buildings on campus.
Fantastic learning environment, student centered approach. Co-op program is amazing. You will learn everyone name on campus and everyone will know your name.
Start Your Review of Antioch College
I have no experience with online learning at Antioch, all of my courses are in person. Some hybrid courses are offered but I have not taken them.
"Be ashamed to die until your have won some victory for humanity"- Mann
Mann the founder of Antioch College is the inspiration of my life. This school taught me to value the differences between us because our differences are our strengths. Americans deserve equality, equity, and the pursuit of happiness. That's why I live my life in the service of others because we can do better and we must do better for our future generations.
"Be ashamed to die until your have won some victory for humanity"- Mann
Somehow, the entire student body managed to care even less about their education this term than in the past. I didn't think it was possible for most of the people here to put less work into school and still expect to pass!
This school is falling apart. I have had some of the best classes of my life here, but the school's financial insecurity, turnover of faculty, depressing community, and poor administration guarantees that every student spends their time here being strung around. Also, the office of admission will lie to you about what is possible here. If they mention the SOCHE program, ignore it, as it's too inconvenient to reasonably rely on. I'd be surprised if the school is even still open in a few years. The only real benefits of the school are some of its professors and the fact that as far as college goes, it's cheap as dirt. As well, the expectations for students' work is on the floor, so if you don't want to pay a lot of money or do a lot of work, this may be the place for you!
Antioch College is a tiny, unique school in a tiny, unique town. From their constant efforts in social justice to the beautiful history of the college, Antioch is a change maker, and has been for nearly 200 years. I feel comfortable and safe there, and all classes I've taken have been taught by knowledgeable professors in small class sizes.
Administration harmed my career, and opportunities by negligence, omission and incompetence. A work in progress. My experience is not the mean.
Amazing Community, great academics, and best college experience around! Only suggestion I would have would be to live off campus, living in town instead of dorms makes you feel even more connected to the community!
Antioch College has been the environment that has had the most profound impact on my life thus far. Its not a perfect school which for me, has been a good thing. It has given me so many opportunities to be in leadership positions and grow effectively!
Antioch College is an amazing school, I like the fact that everyone work together as a community. The professors are great , they love their job.
So difficult, so trying, so hard, so small, so intense. The best learning opportunity and experience I've ever had
Antioch provides you with the very best and very worst moments of your life. Everything collides at some point, you can never take too much care.
Antioch has been a mixed bag of an experience thus far. A cooperative education program helps you attain work experience for your resume/CV throughout your time at the college. Classroom, community, and co-op are the main parts of our mission statement. The latter two are where the school really does shine. Small class sizes and a sense of building a unique experience for yourself and those who will come after you make everything personal.
Antioch is a work in progress. However if that is what you are into then this is the perfect school for your. Antioch attracts radical minded people and that was the best part of the experience for me, the people and the professors. The professors have a truly authentic and genuine connection with their students and they both work together to insure that Antioch remains true to its legacy. The co-op experiences are a definitely plus if you network well and enjoy meeting the alum.
Start Your Review of Antioch College
The courses are pretty good. There are some bad professors and some great ones.
There aren't many recruitment opportunities, but co-op is a fantastic way to figure these things out. That department has its problems, but sometimes they are able to match students with really great opportunities.
SOPP- Does a pretty good job. Isn't perfect, but its certainly one of the best policies of its kind