Antelope Valley College Reviews

I've been at Antelope Valley College since Fall 2015. I just finished my last semester before I transfer and it's bittersweet. I met some amazing people I call friends and I will miss them.
Its local, it would be nice they offered housing and fixed up some the buildings a lot of them are really old and out dated
I liked some of the teachers and how interesting some of the classes were. However, this is definitely a hit or miss school. Some of the teachers have REALLY bad reps in terms of teaching. I had one math teacher that used to write comments like “really?” on questions that I didn’t get right. Overall, my experience has been good. I plan on leaving soon. They also have a lot of support for transfers as well! Their Honors program helps to get students prepared for transferring to difficult schools like UCLA. BUT AVC IS DEFINITELY GETTING BETTER THOUGH!! A lot of improvements have been made in the four years I’ve been here. So I think it will be even better in the future.
Start Your Review of Antelope Valley College
Just like any college, it has its ups and downs. However, many of the professors actually show interest in helping their students, and almost everyone is willing to help each other. The only real problem is that it's in the ghetto.
I enjoyed my time here, even with all of its ups and downs. I'd be happy to take more classes in the future.
My experience at AVC has been nothing but positive. The faculty have helped me through my college journey and I am excited to say that I will soon be graduating and moving forward to my career dream. I will be forever thankful that AVC and my counselor has given me the opportunity to strive for my major and look forward to a bright future.
I don't go to AVC but it's a popular school most high school graduates of the Antelope Valley attend.
Since becoming a student at AVC I have been able to overcome certain obstacles and achieve academic success. In the beginning, I was able to accomplish a lot of positive things that later became beneficial to my current occupation. Studying in Child Development allowed me to further understand how certain behavioral challenges tend to affect our children and their way of thinking. Since becoming a Behavioral Therapist I' am able to exude the patience and empathy needed to help our children thrive and express their issues when it comes to behavior. Going back to college has by far been one of the best decisions that I have made in my life.
AVC has little to no programs for you to get access, there isn't much involvement,Counseling department administration is not well informed, they happen to be one of the most negatively criticized recourses, they have failed at making their student success a priority. There are less than 3-4 clubs available for you to get involved with. There are very few professors that actively involved in the students academic progress. Most course syllabus's are not completed during the semester. Parking is not accessible,You are always competing for a spot in a class and the waitlist for the classes is horrendously long. Their website is not fully updated with the current year information. The library is probably one of the best recourses available with efficient and caring staff.
Antelope Valley College is FULL of great people and students. Most of the teachers really want you to learn the subject and are more than happy to help you achieve that. Also, they are very nice and aren't mean or condescending (well, MOST of them). I do wish that they'd make a better effort for the Computer Science department, starting by having an actual Computer Science staff member run it as opposed to a Business staff member/
AVC is definitely the best option for locals trying to further themselves. There is an expansive amount of academic programs for any major, and numerous connections for people trying to land careers in the medical and STEM fields. Upon that AVC has lively performing arts and music programs, that enjoy hosting live events often. I personally am pleased to be a part of this college with its diverse group of students and faculty. I am excited to further my education in my field and I thank AVC for giving me the education I need to do so.
The counselor wouldn't meet with students you would have to book an appointment. Some professors are horrible telling people that they'll never succeed.
Antelope valley has an overall homey feel to the college. i am a part of the athletics program and through the athletics program the coaches and counselors made my transition from hawaii to california a breeze. They helped me find a living space, get settled even went out of their way to deal with many other things for me.
The teachers here are amazing. It’s a decent sized campus that’s expanding little by a little. There is a lot of oppurtunuties at the campus.
Antelope Valley College has a beautiful campus and provide students with every opportunity to succeed. The college has an extremely diverse and friendly environment that can help individuals feel accepted, allowing them to excel in academics to the best of their capabilities. This college has a positive atmosphere which is why I admire it as a prestige college.
It is a decent school where you are able to get credits to transfer to a university. It is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for the workforce and to create new connections because you do not have to be far from home. You can still not be far from home and still get a good education, at least, that is the case for me.
AVC provided me an affordable opportunity to begin college. I had many great professors during my time there and made many new friends. As part of the honors program, and being a dedicated student, my education at AVC helped me gain admission to UCLA.
Start Your Review of Antelope Valley College
I just finished my last semester at Antelope valley college. I will be transferring to Cal State University, Bakersfield in the fall. Overall I had a great experience. Teachers were very involved. They make sure all students have the tools they need in order to pass the classes. The staff there is also helpful. There are a lot of resources students can use. For example there are counselors, Express Counseling, a Transfer center, and a learning center. These resources really made my student life easier.
I love AVC because it offers an extremely wide range of classes you can take, and the counselours will continuosly meet with you and answer any and all of the questions you have. The only downside is that the times to take a class are limited.
When I first arrived at Antelope Valley College, it was so that I could take my SAT. I arrived and I was led to the front desk. Everyone there was very helpful and kind. I felt like everyone was very friendly and I loved being in a place that felt like a safe environment. I have been at the college three times now and I have enjoyed my stay every time. It is not hard to get around because everything is labeled and there are signs all around. There are also many kind adults that are there to help you get to your destination around campus. Everywhere you go you receive kind smiles and helpful information. I would not change anything about the campus or the people on campus. The school is simply great, and even though I have not attended the school, I would love to.