1. Lancaster, CA
  2. 2 Year

Antelope Valley College Reviews

This college has very small campus where everything is at most a ten minute walk apart from each other. It is a very clean campus with very friendly staff. There are extremely minimal parking issues. It has a library, computer lab, and a learning center for additional support and resources. They are sensitive to students needs and are help us in every way they can to succeed.
Antelope Valley College is a community college located in Lancaster, CA. Although it is in a residential area, local businesses and the freeway are a short drive away. The campus has many different buildings and classrooms with well-qualified instructors. Although initial registration seems to be a little complicated, there are many helpful staff to assist and counselors to guide you. The education received is top quality for low cost and the college has a guaranteed transfer program for those wishing to continue on to University of California or California State University colleges.
As I put a close to my first semester in college, I can say that I was able to get the most out of my community college experience. Although at first I felt as if I missed out on the "full" college experience in terms of being able to live in my own dorm at a 4-year university, being miles away from home, and thus making all of my decisions by myself--in short, being independent--I think I got lucky in that through my first semester of college I was able to learn more about myself and my personal preferences. Attending a campus that's not as expansive as UCLA or Princeton, I felt less distant from my peers because they wouldn't be people who I'd meet once around campus only to never see again. In terms of professors, it's pretty inevitable that there will be the occasional teacher who you won't "click" with and some classes where you won't feel like you're getting the most out of the course. However, as always, if there's a will, there's a way.
I am currently a student here at my local community college. I am the first in my family to attend colleg. At first I was a bit frightened about college since I had no idea how things worked. Not just that, but I believed it was going to be a challenge for me to get through and actually understand how things worked. I've now been here at AVC for 3 full semesters and I've done both summer and winter courses and the professors I've taken classes with have been great! I also have the best counselor one could ask for, Dietra Jackson. She has been with me from day one. The campus also offers lots of help when one seeks for it. I am a student worker at the Job Placement office, I've been provided financial and academic help by EOPS, and I've also been provided financial help with books up to the point were I don't have to buy them, but borrow them by the BOOKS Help program. AVC has offered me lots of help and the experience I've held here so far couldn't have been any better!
I loved both my professors. They were patient , knowledgeable and patient. What I did like was nothing at all. Had a great learning experience.
What I love the most about AVC are the professors. When you find yourself an encouraging and insightful professor, it makes coming to class all the worthwhile. All of the teachers here are very dedicated and will work with you if you seek help.
I liked that you can transfer over to another college after four years. I also liked that they have on campus work for those who need a job.I also liked that the classes will help me prepare for what I need in the future
Antelope Valley College is a pretty good school I attend this school and at the same time I do high school, but the food is good, the classes are good only wish the school had a more stable set of teachers (with good reviews). Safety isn't the best, but no one has been raped nor anything like such, regardless I believe better security is needy. The culture is very diverse, there aren't really parties, and I believe you really have to search for people that have parties because otherwise you won't find anything.
Friendly teachers, friendly environment, dedicated and excellent faculty, large amount of resources for students.
I am a SOAR High School student in dual-enrollment with this college. The only experience I have with this college is taking HD 101 and Physical Conditioning, but I can tell you that the campus is beautiful. There are trees and grass, it's impossible not to relax and simply enjoy the atmosphere around you. The food is good; there's Subway, a cafeteria, and the student store. The cafeteria serves healthy food and cooked food, if you so desire. The student store as a few quick snacks (junk food) that you might get if you're in a rush; however, I would advise you not to eat food from there as an actual meal. The staff is friendly and encouraging. There are transfer workshops, other general workshops, a CSUB extension on campus, and a learning center. In all actuality, there are just so much more to college really than I can list. I would highly recommend attending AVC if you're not ready for a 4-year university; then, from here, you can transfer.
Everything it has been good so far.
The relationship wit the teachers and everything in regards of school is the best.
The best of the best
The Staff is the best
  • College Freshman
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
My major is Computer Networking Multi Plat
My experience at Antelope Valley College is the best experience, I love the way this college specially the staff helps you to get everything ready for the upcoming semester.
I am currently enrolled in HD101 and the professor has a patine attitude and does her best to give her students skills that can be used in future jobs and everyday life.
I am currently a student at SOAR high school wich is located on the AVC campus but am also a student at AVC and I can strongly say that I do not feel or am I treated any differently then the other students. The teachers are passionate about what they are teaching and do there best to assure there students understand all that is being teached.
Courses are very hard to get into if you do not have a good registration date but once you are in it is a relief. So far, I have had great experiences in all of my courses. All of my professors have been very pleasant and passionate teachers that I have really enjoyed having. The overall class sizes that I have had are a pretty good size and it does not take away from the learning and the questions that are needed to be asked.
I have no knowledge on what the career center/services are like because I have not used them but I am pretty sure they are very helpful.
  • College Junior