Antelope Valley College Reviews

Antelope Valley College is FULL of great people and students. Most of the teachers really want you to learn the subject and are more than happy to help you achieve that. Also, they are very nice and aren't mean or condescending (well, MOST of them). I do wish that they'd make a better effort for the Computer Science department, starting by having an actual Computer Science staff member run it as opposed to a Business staff member/
AVC is definitely the best option for locals trying to further themselves. There is an expansive amount of academic programs for any major, and numerous connections for people trying to land careers in the medical and STEM fields. Upon that AVC has lively performing arts and music programs, that enjoy hosting live events often. I personally am pleased to be a part of this college with its diverse group of students and faculty. I am excited to further my education in my field and I thank AVC for giving me the education I need to do so.
The counselor wouldn't meet with students you would have to book an appointment. Some professors are horrible telling people that they'll never succeed.
Start Your Review of Antelope Valley College
Antelope valley has an overall homey feel to the college. i am a part of the athletics program and through the athletics program the coaches and counselors made my transition from hawaii to california a breeze. They helped me find a living space, get settled even went out of their way to deal with many other things for me.
The teachers here are amazing. It’s a decent sized campus that’s expanding little by a little. There is a lot of oppurtunuties at the campus.
Antelope Valley College has a beautiful campus and provide students with every opportunity to succeed. The college has an extremely diverse and friendly environment that can help individuals feel accepted, allowing them to excel in academics to the best of their capabilities. This college has a positive atmosphere which is why I admire it as a prestige college.
It is a decent school where you are able to get credits to transfer to a university. It is a great opportunity to prepare yourself for the workforce and to create new connections because you do not have to be far from home. You can still not be far from home and still get a good education, at least, that is the case for me.
AVC provided me an affordable opportunity to begin college. I had many great professors during my time there and made many new friends. As part of the honors program, and being a dedicated student, my education at AVC helped me gain admission to UCLA.
I just finished my last semester at Antelope valley college. I will be transferring to Cal State University, Bakersfield in the fall. Overall I had a great experience. Teachers were very involved. They make sure all students have the tools they need in order to pass the classes. The staff there is also helpful. There are a lot of resources students can use. For example there are counselors, Express Counseling, a Transfer center, and a learning center. These resources really made my student life easier.
I love AVC because it offers an extremely wide range of classes you can take, and the counselours will continuosly meet with you and answer any and all of the questions you have. The only downside is that the times to take a class are limited.
When I first arrived at Antelope Valley College, it was so that I could take my SAT. I arrived and I was led to the front desk. Everyone there was very helpful and kind. I felt like everyone was very friendly and I loved being in a place that felt like a safe environment. I have been at the college three times now and I have enjoyed my stay every time. It is not hard to get around because everything is labeled and there are signs all around. There are also many kind adults that are there to help you get to your destination around campus. Everywhere you go you receive kind smiles and helpful information. I would not change anything about the campus or the people on campus. The school is simply great, and even though I have not attended the school, I would love to.
Great teachers and classrooms ,good infrastructure for a 2-year school sports life isn’t really big or living
It is a great campus, always try to put there students ahead and give them the benefits they have to offer
AVC is not a bad place to start after high school. It gives you time to mature mentally and take courses that are usually expensive at universities to a low affordable cost. Help is around every corner in campus when it comes to your studies so do take advantage of that. One thing that I would love AVC to do is probably improve their cafeteria options. The only place that does serve good food is subway but it is so small that it gets cramped and long lines to order. Overall my experience my professors do care about us learning and passing their classes. AVC is a good foundation to start your journey to a higher education.
It's a small campus with nice people. It's a community college and there aren't any dorms or parties like your typical college scene, but it helps when transferring to a four year. The area around it can be very poor and boring,but there are always very frequent things happening on campus. Overall, It's not bad at all when first getting your general education done.
I have been at Antelope Valley College for coming up on 2 years now, and it’s been a great experience. Aside from the fact that it’s a community college, the students, staff, and on campus organizations create a very close environment.
Being there for a semester and a couple weeks into my second semester, the college has been good. I didn't expect anything from a community college, but from what I've seen it's been good. The professors have been good and fellow students were actually wanting to learn unlike my high school years.
Start Your Review of Antelope Valley College
Antelope Valley College offers just enough to get the degree that you want. They have a lot of classes to choose from but they do fill up quickly if you don't sign up for them asap. The parking is always a nightmare at the beginning of the semester but usually dies down after the first month or so and there are sheriff's on campus that patrol the campus and parking lot. Their counseling could use some help. I had to figure out a lot of things out on my own or through counselor's at other colleges. Of course there are some professors who truly are passionate about their jobs and they are the ones who make the pursuit in education worth it.
Overall, Antelope Valley Community College is a great one. Being a freshman entering college is like the first day of school all over again. You get lost right? Wrong. I knew where I was going, due to all the signs and directions, which are great by the way. There are times when I don't know and the faculty are amazing! Student workers as well, which shows more good parts on the faculty too. I would strongly recommend attending.
That they always try there best to help you succeed and how caring they are for there students. I absolutely love it but I'm getting close to graduating and need to start planning on transferring to CSU Bakersfield.