Anna Maria College Reviews

This is a very small campus. One good thing about it is everything is in walking distance. So especially with it being in the small town of Worcester in the winter, nothing is more than a 5 minute walk. The food is okay. Professors are great, they are willing to accommodate to your needs which is great. Because of this school being such a small campus, the faculty is willing to get to know everyone on a personal basis. Although, there is a lack of clubs. The sports teams are decent but could be better. This school is also very pricey, so plan on applying for a number of scholarships.
The community , the activities and the type of environment that’s provided . People around you are very kind and supportive
I am a nursing student and I know that nursing school isn't easy, but I also know that professors shouldn't want their students to fail either. When it comes to certain classes such as anatomy and chemistry the school itself knows how much students struggle and have a hard time yet they still do not provide enough help in the student success center. Also, they do not have the same regulations for everyone. There is an older lady I know, she got kicked out of the program because she had failed a class yet another girl failed anatomy and chemistry and is still in the nursing program. They treat each individual differently and tell them different things, which is not fair. There are specific teachers who fail many students every semester yet the school doesn't see it as a problem with the teacher they see it as a problem with the students, when that teacher has humiliated girls in class such as calling a girl fat simply because her lab coat did not fit, she is nowhere near fat.
Start Your Review of Anna Maria College
My experience wasn't that great. I came in late, I came in the spring semester. So I had trouble making friends since everyone made friends in the fall semester. I spent most of my days trapped inside my room because there was literally nothing to do on campus. But academic wise, I did well. I liked my classes. The professors were overall good but not great. Most of them didn't even know my name but I passed and thats what matters. I had to transfer to another school because my experience with Anna Maria just wasn't great. I didn't like it. The alumni was good to me and resources like tutoring were there and useful. So overall the school was average.
Anna Maria had helped me to solidify what I want to do with my future. Before I came to Anna Maria I had ideas for what I would like to do, by Anna Maria has helped my to solidify that I am supposed to be a cop and serve and protect the communities that I will get the chance to serve. College has been one of my biggest dreams, but there are a lot of side issues with coming to a school like Anna Maria. Stemming from a broken home and just being raised by a single mother, I don't have the financial opportunity to pay for school in big chunks nor pay it in full like some students I know. Scholarships are a big deal to me and my family and help me relieve stress from not only myself, but from my caring mother. Any scholarship counts and any scholarship that I am awarded I have forever been thankful for. Each scholarship gives me the opportunity to stay at a school like Anna Maria.
Anna Maria College is excellent for an education. The classes and workload are manageable. There is a great sense of community on campus and student life works hard to create events for student to enjoy. However, there is a lack of advertising for the events. Only downfall of a small community is that everyone knows everyones business.
Overall, it is an ok school. There are some classes where I have grown as a student, and there are others where I feel that I haven't learned anything.
Amazing school. the campus is small, but everything here is clean, everyone is kind, its very easy to get involved on campus and its fun to be involved! wide variety of clubs, sports, and activities. great game nights and floor programs whether its with an RA or the office of Residence life! come visit i promise you'll find this place to be great.
Small campus where all students are friendly and roommates are easy to find and get along with. Dorms are some great and new while others are okay and old. Rooms are medium to large, having two, four or six students. The common areas are well kept and useful for relaxing and getting together. The student success center is a plus for every student. All the classes I need extra help in it was easy to find a student tutor and to find study groups for finals and exams. As an athlete we have study groups for each sport and extra time to find help with all subjects.
Professors want you to succeed for the most part
It's okay I just don't think its for me
Police is located on campus
The freshman dorm sucks but St. Anne's is nice
No one attends events but that partly due to the fact we don't win many games
It's a very small school where kids still act as if their in high school.
Usually, you would see people in their own groups. It's usually the same people hanging out with each other! The school had diversity week so everyone could come together. However, not many people attended! We all are our own person with different backgrounds, beliefs, views, and religions. The students are friendly to others. We pretty much do our own things.
Drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana are strictly prohibited and will result in a fine and community service. It's not accepted on campus. People don't really peer pressure anyone. It's college so students are going to do it and have fun regardless. The students are just sneaky about it but there are consequences to face. The RA's and RD's job is to help and protect the students. They often walk around and check the hallways/rooms.
Start Your Review of Anna Maria College
The professors I had were very knowledgeable and they would do anything to help their students succeed. I love how much they care for the students. They are passionate about their jobs and would answer any question that is asked.
Everything is great. The professors would help the students get internships so they can get a good feel of the field they are in! Everyone has to earn a position in everything. I agree that if a person works hard enough, then that person should be rewarded and the staff agree with this rule. The quality of employers recruiting on campus is a great one in my opinion. The services on campus are outstanding. They offer tutors to those who need extra help! There are a few great places on campus to study. The staff/faculty are very friendly and they do their very best. There are great services there. The food is not that bad. There's a mailroom. The campus police would give any service. Overall, the quality of the school is a good one and I would recommend anybody to enroll at Anna Maria.
The Health Services building wants the health records from every student because the staff care and are concern for the students. There's Public Safety on campus. The police officers are always checking the campus making sure it's safe. They're always watching on the cameras and will show up anywhere on campus of there's need of assistance. Sometimes the police officers would open the students' room door because they're locked out. They would help anyone who needs to go to the hospital or who is in danger. It's usually quiet and peaceful at AMC if there's no one making loud noises. AMC is very safe and it's easier to look after because it's small.