Angelo State University Reviews

1,171 reviews
I really liked that Angelo State was small enough to go from class to class, but the town was too small. There were no new things to try, but the school itself was enjoyable.
It’s my third day here and I’ve uet to have any problems and the people are friendly and approachable this is all great for a freshman
Boring boring boring. The only thing worth my time was Rambelle Rugby. Classes were decent professors were alright. I can’t really say anything bad about the academics themselves that was alright but living on campus in San Angelo is like living in a box. There’s nothing to do and nowhere to go. I’m from San Antonio so if small town boring nothing to do is your scene than go ahead. Couldn’t even throw a party without cops getting called at 11pm for noise complaint. Wasn’t even loud. Parties were lame. Extra curriculars were lame. Student life was lame. Cafeteria food was lame. Better plan on buying food at Chick-fil-A on campus. Not diverse at all. Lots of southern ignorance if you catch my drift. All in all rugby was cool, the most expensive dorms were nice. That’s it. Not exactly a bang for your buck.
Start Your Review of Angelo State University
The professors are excellent they go above and beyond for those that are responsible and communicate effectively with them.
Angelo State is a pretty great place to be. Its small-school feel is often overshadowed by the amount of big city opportunities provided to the students. Many people complain about the food choices in San Angelo but there are so many all over the city that are easy to get to. One thing I do not recommend to others is coming here and joining a fraternity. They're mediocre at best but their egos reflect that of a top tier organization. It's quite cringey and the same goes for the sororities. Overall, ASU is a pretty great school
Angelo State University has provided me with an excellent academic experience. I feel very prepared for my future careers, and well connected with professors and prominent members of the community.
I love Angelo State University! It is honestly my home away from home. When I arrived at Angelo State, I have to admit, I was nervous. I had just graduated from high school and didn't know if I would be able to survive on my own. Angelo State made it easier for me. The staff and students are very nice and really make you feel like a part of the Ram Fam as soon as you arrive. I am really glad I chose to attend this school and I plan to stay here the next three years.
I am duel credit student with Angelo State and they have treated me in a very professional way. All the students that are attending Angelo State only give me positive feedback about the atmosphere and people.
As a former Angelo State University student, I really enjoy the experience on campus. There are many activities that help influence a more social outcome. As a math student, I want to get more involved in the mathematics tutor center where I can help people who are struggling with numbers and statistics. Angelo State is one of the best schools in the country!
I think that it's a really great school. And the people and the professor there are really great. The campus is amazing and very pretty. I think that it' a great campus and people should attend.
Angelo State University is an excellent school that is based around the students. The scenery is nice, the students and staff are friendly, and there is more than enough happening to keep you busy and involved.
Coming from a city girl, arriving to San Angelo seemed out of my range and it seemed as if nothing was out here, but once I stepped into Angelo State University grounds I knew I was meant to be here. It felt at home! The population at ASU is growing, but always count on 1-on-1 interaction with your professors!
I had just finished my first year at Angelo State University. I had fun being on my own, getting to learn in my field of study and meeting new people. This school has given me confidence to go out and be myself as well made me a better person.
I havent attended yet but i wish to attend. This would mean a lot to me if i could go there and be accepted.
An amazing school with plenty of guidance to serve you everyday! The college has an "Open Door" policy that restricts professors from hiding in there offices when a student is in need.
Angelo State University constantly has something for students to do and be involved in. Homecoming week, football season, and even spring jam are all just some of the many reasons why I'm glad I chose Angelo State!
Everyone is super friendly & the classes are a decent size! The professors take their job very seriously. There could be more events that were more inclusive of everyone, but overall there is lots of activities to do! There is also a ton of job opportunities on campus, which will work with your school schedule.
Start Your Review of Angelo State University
Angelo is where I live and the school has always been pretty active in the community so I've been able to check it out even before getting accepted so I could see what I was getting. Plus I have friends and family who have told me and showed me how great the professors are when it comes to what they do.
What I like about Angelo State University is that there is some much diversity, and the professors and staff are very kind. Honestly, there isn't anything that I'd change about Angelo State University.
Angelo State University (ASU) is committed to student excellence. I joined ASU in the Fall of 2017 as a transfer student from Houston Community College. Since then, I have come to appreciate the quality that ASU possesses. For a student who lived in Houston, one of the big cities in Texas, coming to San Angelo was an eye-opener for me. ASU just opened the Nursing-program new building with so many state-of-the-art facilities to train students to become registered nurses. I feel so honored to be a part of this new development in the school. The instructors are the best and they teach in ways that make you think on your feet, with critical thinking and in line with evidence-based practice.