Angelo State University Reviews

1,175 reviews
Angelo State University has a very diverse array of clubs and organizations, where anyone can find their niche.
I love this university and I'm proud to be a part of the Ram Fam. This school has professors that are very friendly and the care about your success here. The Ram Fam is like nothing else. It is made up of people from all different backgrounds that share a common identity - Angelo State Ram.
I love that even before I was officially a tident at Angelo State, the students and faculty had already made me feel like I belonged there. When I was touring the campus as a highschool student, students and professors alike offered their guidance to help me find a certain building and after they finished, said “welcome to ASU!”. I have never had an experience like that at any other college or university. I have never had a class larger than 150 students, so it was very easy finding my fit in my university. I am now a junior here at ASU, and since I am starting to take more classes specifically related to my degree, I have become fond of visiting my professors during their office hours, whether it be for advising, tutoring, or just talking. I love how even from senior year of highschool to now, three years into the university, the faculty and students have not changed in their welcoming, friendly ways, and I hope to be same when it comes to the times of frequent campus visits.
Start Your Review of Angelo State University
It is a great environment with many opportunities academically and socially. A very open and fun experience for a small town college!
I really liked that Angelo State was small enough to go from class to class, but the town was too small. There were no new things to try, but the school itself was enjoyable.
It’s my third day here and I’ve uet to have any problems and the people are friendly and approachable this is all great for a freshman
Boring boring boring. The only thing worth my time was Rambelle Rugby. Classes were decent professors were alright. I can’t really say anything bad about the academics themselves that was alright but living on campus in San Angelo is like living in a box. There’s nothing to do and nowhere to go. I’m from San Antonio so if small town boring nothing to do is your scene than go ahead. Couldn’t even throw a party without cops getting called at 11pm for noise complaint. Wasn’t even loud. Parties were lame. Extra curriculars were lame. Student life was lame. Cafeteria food was lame. Better plan on buying food at Chick-fil-A on campus. Not diverse at all. Lots of southern ignorance if you catch my drift. All in all rugby was cool, the most expensive dorms were nice. That’s it. Not exactly a bang for your buck.
The professors are excellent they go above and beyond for those that are responsible and communicate effectively with them.
Angelo State is a pretty great place to be. Its small-school feel is often overshadowed by the amount of big city opportunities provided to the students. Many people complain about the food choices in San Angelo but there are so many all over the city that are easy to get to. One thing I do not recommend to others is coming here and joining a fraternity. They're mediocre at best but their egos reflect that of a top tier organization. It's quite cringey and the same goes for the sororities. Overall, ASU is a pretty great school
Angelo State University has provided me with an excellent academic experience. I feel very prepared for my future careers, and well connected with professors and prominent members of the community.
I love Angelo State University! It is honestly my home away from home. When I arrived at Angelo State, I have to admit, I was nervous. I had just graduated from high school and didn't know if I would be able to survive on my own. Angelo State made it easier for me. The staff and students are very nice and really make you feel like a part of the Ram Fam as soon as you arrive. I am really glad I chose to attend this school and I plan to stay here the next three years.
I am duel credit student with Angelo State and they have treated me in a very professional way. All the students that are attending Angelo State only give me positive feedback about the atmosphere and people.
As a former Angelo State University student, I really enjoy the experience on campus. There are many activities that help influence a more social outcome. As a math student, I want to get more involved in the mathematics tutor center where I can help people who are struggling with numbers and statistics. Angelo State is one of the best schools in the country!
I think that it's a really great school. And the people and the professor there are really great. The campus is amazing and very pretty. I think that it' a great campus and people should attend.
Angelo State University is an excellent school that is based around the students. The scenery is nice, the students and staff are friendly, and there is more than enough happening to keep you busy and involved.
Coming from a city girl, arriving to San Angelo seemed out of my range and it seemed as if nothing was out here, but once I stepped into Angelo State University grounds I knew I was meant to be here. It felt at home! The population at ASU is growing, but always count on 1-on-1 interaction with your professors!
I had just finished my first year at Angelo State University. I had fun being on my own, getting to learn in my field of study and meeting new people. This school has given me confidence to go out and be myself as well made me a better person.
Start Your Review of Angelo State University
I havent attended yet but i wish to attend. This would mean a lot to me if i could go there and be accepted.
An amazing school with plenty of guidance to serve you everyday! The college has an "Open Door" policy that restricts professors from hiding in there offices when a student is in need.
Angelo State University constantly has something for students to do and be involved in. Homecoming week, football season, and even spring jam are all just some of the many reasons why I'm glad I chose Angelo State!