1,116 reviews
  1. San Angelo, TX
  2. 4 Year

Angelo State University Reviews

1,116 reviews
I attended True Blue Friday at Angelo State and I am hooked! The campus is small and the atmosphere is that of one big family. The staff really seem to care and the guidance provided is outstanding.
Angelo has been my home away from home. The social environment here is wonderful and very helpful. Academics are typical college level, but most professors (depending on major) are nice.
I like Angelo State University because its campus size is not too big and it’s not too small. I think Angelo State has a great size campus. The professors are so nice and helpful as well as fellow students. Overall everyone is so helpful. I chose ASU because my goal is to become a nurse and ASU offers a great nursing program. Angelo is not too far away from home and I like that I can go back to visit whenever I can. Although Angelo is not my home I consider it a second home to me. The dorms are very nice and comfortable.
Review Your College
What I like about Angelo Stateis how close everything on campus is! Coming from a small town I was super nervous about the transition but, ASU was the best choice for me! I love it here and the professors are so helpful!
I chose Angelo State because of the close knit community, great academics, and beautiful campus! I am due to graduate in December and will he sad to leave, but proud to be a Ram!
ASU is a fun campus that has some great professors. There are all types of people, and if you look long and hard enough, you'll be able to find people that you connect with,
I transferred from California to Texas blind. Meaning I did not come visit Texas or Angelo State before I made the choice to come here. However, it has been one of the best decisions I have made. From my dorm, meal plan, food, classes, and the people here. You get an unlimited meal plan for the same price or close to the same price as any other meal plan at another school. The options of food are endless and delicious and change everyday. The dorms are awesome and have enough space with a private bathroom. The facilities here are my favorite. The CHP is our gym and has every possible machine plus any thing else needed to workout (also an indoor running track). My classes are awesome and when you get to you major there are literally 12 people in your class and sometimes less! The teachers have been amazing so far along with the people here. They are so nice and inviting.
ASU is a small university and thats what I like about it. The class sizes are small and the professors are very easy to talk to. I am glad that I picked ASU for my first year of college.
About to start my second semester of college at ASU and I couldn't be more excited! In the first semester I was a little nervous about College since I had never been before.Angelo State University made me feel at home.All of the professors were nice and they encouraged you to go to their office hours to talk to them about your homework. They have a math lab if you struggle in Math there are tutors to help you.They also have a writing center to help you write better by suggesting what to write and how to fix your paper to your professors liking.We have Chick Fil A, Subway, Starbucks, A barbecue place that is the bomb, a wrap and soup place and a place called Revolution Noodle.Not to mention we also have a place called On The Go where you can pick up a snack if you are in a hurry to get to class and we have the Cafe for more dining.Overall Angelo State University is a great school,plus it is cheap! I would highly recommend coming here!
The faculty at ASU is amazing. The variety of degree programs is pretty good. The parking system is horrible. Not enough parking to accommodate for all the students.
My experience so far here at Angelo State has been amazing. I've really liked the improvements being made throughout the school. I have seen major steps forward in this 2016-2017 school year as opposed to the 2015-2016 school year where most everything wasn't very enjoyable. The increase in school activities that organizations such as UCPC put on are well appreciated and I've noticed the attendance at these events is much higher than ever before. Keep improving ASU and always strive for the highest!
Angelo State University is considered as a medium sized university surrounded by a great community. I like this school in particular because there is so much diversity and school spirit.
The class size is small and easily manageable by the staff. The professors all know exactly what they are talking about and want to see their students succeed. The upper-level classes are not easy, but that's a good thing!
Angelo State is a good college with professors that care about their students and with many different resources that allow students to get help with studies.
Angelo State is a sister school to Texas Tech University. The campus is very large and local to where I live. The academics are outstanding and the school has many organizations.
I graduated from Angelo State University with my B.S. in Criminal Justice in 2015. The university was phenomenal at providing me all the tools necessary for me in order to succeed. I am currently enrolled to start my Master's Degree in Psychology in January of 2017. I would like to see an improvement of the dorm residences as well as the overall quality of student living. Besides that ASU is a great pick for anyone interested in a top notch education.
Great school, SPS makes it better.
Review Your College
I am currently a freshmen student at Angelo State University. Just one week into the semester and I feel like it is my new home already. The environment here at Asu is calming and friendly. The instructors are extremely friendly and are delighted to help a student if the student needs assistance. The events they have here for us are outrageous and overwhelming you're bound to have a good time at an event. People here at Asu love socializing and meeting new people so it wont be hard to make friends around here. Angelo State University overall is a great university and San Angelo Texas is a good little city to live in or even visit. I am Angelo proud and my overall experience here at ASU has been amazing and I am just getting started.
I feel quite safe on campus. Campus police are always on the lookout and always there for our safety.
It's a good school layout, and my dorm is close to all my classes