Andrews University Reviews

I have had a great experience so far. Not only am I being challenged academically, my spiritual life is also being challenged and balanced. This a school that's teaching me to balance my life in a way that brings happiness by collaborating and letting myself being lead by my creator ( God ).
I like that it's easy to connect to professors and that there is a friendly environment. I wish they were a bit more open minded in some areas.
Awful experience. Unprofessional staff and completely unreasonable and unresponsible teachers. I wish that the spirituality of this college was at least kept up like southern and other adventist colleges that I visited. My conclusion of this place is that it is completely dissapointing to how one of our adventist institutions have fallen so far down a ditch where both spirituality and academics are poop. I hope that they read this and understand that this is coming from a place of love and respect for past leaderships, and would hope that change would occur.
Start Your Review of Andrews University
I felt so far from everything and felt the culture on school didn't do much to make a difference. Social anxiety is a big thing on campus.
I Love my school. I've found Andrews to be a good christian school. faculty and staff are always ready to help in everything that is needed. They also have good installations for STEM programs. Andrews is also very diverse, so you can easily be friends with people all around the world. I recommend Andrews University to everyone who wants to find a place that certainly feels like home. The only thing that I would change or improve is the athletics. We are not very good in them, but that is something that I think needs to be done better.
Appreciate the summer classes they offer. Good, affordable online classes during for the summer session.
There is a sense of community at Andrews University. The faculty ratio to students provide a close knit and I had a good experience. Love the diversity on the campus and academics. The University is located in a small town but its close by other cities.
I attended Andrews University for undergrad and graduate school. It is not a bad school at all, but is also nothing special. Unless you are specifically a Seventh-Day Adventist or something similar, I don't recommend going here. There is a huge focus on religion. You will be able to find like minded students here no matter what college experience you want, but unless you are into having a religious college experience, your social life might be a bit limited.

Overall my academic experience was fine. It prepared me enough to do my job. Andrews is probably one of the best SDA schools, but really just a run of the mill liberal arts college when compared to other schools.
It was an uplifting spiritual experience. Professors are dedicated to teaching students and the small class numbers help make more time for the professors to spend time with students. The campus is really pretty and well maintained. There is no party scene as it is a religious institution however, student life puts on many fun events.
So far my experience at Andrews University has been enjoyable. This school represents everything I stand for when it comes to my religion and it is very diverse. Being at Andrews University has shown me what kind of person I want to be. I have made many friends and learned about a lot of things I didn't know before. Being at Andrews University, I have realized that I am a very independent person who can stand being away from home. I have been able to explore myself at this school and grow as an individual.
Andrews University is a great place of college! There is so much diversity and you can meet so many people from everywhere in the world! The campus is great and it's huge! The professors are really nice and willing to help you if you are confused about something in class. Overall, my experience has been great!
The environment of the campus is great. I love the calmness of my surrounding. I also love how diverse the campus is with the different cultures present. What can change is to have more of a guidance of students (mentoring)
Andrews University is full of the students from all around the world. I can communicate with other friends from all over the world and learn about diversity. Also because of the religion, everyone is so kind and nice. The professors are so passionate and everyone do their best in doing their duties.
Some really good opportunities in the j.n Andrews honors program. The school campus is very pretty and probably the best Adventist school for nearly all majors. Also, people here are very friendly and job opportunities from the school of business are very nice indeed!
I am really enjoying the Animal Science program courses, but I have encountered a strong anti-Catholic attitude from the professors in my other courses (and my husband is Catholic). It’s been really upsetting, honestly, and I am highly disappointed by this divisive attitude from so-called Christians.
I love that it has that large-campus feel but without having 20,000+ students, so you get to know a lot of people and still maintain a interaction with them. The sports teams are great and there are many events and activities for students.
What a disaster of a college. Deluded faculty teaching severely deluded students. Good luck getting a job with that AU degree. And get used to hearing the rest of your life (i.e., when you tell people you went to AU): "Never heard of it." Don't get near this place - or the Adventist church!
Start Your Review of Andrews University
A perk of going to Andrews is that it’s a small university, making your relationships with both your peers and professors more personal ones.
Professors are knowledgeable, excel in their field, and genuinely want to see you do well and are willing to go the extra mile to help you in whatever way possible.
Berrien Springs definitely isn’t an ideal location, especially if you don’t have a car, but the campus is beautiful. Food is good for a while until you get sick of it and want options other than gazebo or cafeteria fare.
Andrews University is proud of its’ diverse student body. There are several clubs devoted to learning about other cultures, and several opportunities for students to showcase their cultures such as the international food fair that comes around every year.
tl;dr: Andrews may be small and far removed from actual civilization, but it has heart.
Andrews has a beautiful campus (after all, it is nationally designated arboretum) and great professors, who care about the needs of the students. The cafeteria food is excellent as well.
Small class sizes, personal attention, delicious and amazing food in the cafe and gazebo. Good scheduling good professors