American University of Paris Reviews

1. Social: I would not recommend AUP for a visiting student who does not speak French, you will end up with a bunch of american tourists going to touristy places, travel to a different country every weekend, and you will leave Paris knowing nothing about the French people & culture.
2. Academic: Most of my profs were established in their fields. However, they were bad at teaching. Gradings and feedback were terrible. Even though classes were small (ave 15), you don't really get to know your professor, or vice versa. Academics = not great.
3. Housing: Comforts of Home, despite being twice as expensive, was very helpful and had good service. The apartments are super nice.
4. Campus: campus was very central in paris, facilities were good. EXCEPT for studio arts. Studio Arts facilities could not be worse.
5. Party Scene: you're in paris, legal age 18, bars all around you, 3-euros wine, knock yourself out! or don't. great concerts every weekend.
I've had a great application and enrollment process. The professors are qualified and the staff helpful.
There are sections for all these things in the student portal. Constant communication of internship possibilities.
  • 8 months ago
Review Your College
I love how AUP puts an emphasis on mental health. Especially in relation to new students and the struggles they may face moving to france.
We live in apartments through Comforts of home usually no more than 30 minutes from campus. It's great!
  • 8 months ago
  • Housing
So far the AUP community as a whole has been extremely effective in communication. I've received responses to emails in minutes (despite a time difference) and have been helped promptly with any questions or concerns. AUP has facilitated the college entry experience. I am beyond excited to start this fall!
I had to leave the American University of Paris because I was unable to secure financial assistance to continue my education there and was unable to renew my student visa to remain in France. I did not finish my degree program when I returned to the states.
Athletics is not a huge part of the University, although they are various opportunities to participate in as a student in Paris.
I am exceptionally content being a student at the American Univeristy of Paris. For what I want to be and do in my carrer path, this university will help me reach my goals. I am studying International Business while learning french and the french culture on a daily basis outside of the classroom. Paris is the most amazing city, where you will never cease to be amazed. I love my life because I am at AUP.
It is very safe and each student's bag is checked before entering a building. Campus crime is low to non-existent, personal safety is high and very rarely something gets stolen. I feel very safe on campus.
The quality of courses and professors is very high. Most of them have graduated from top universities and they have a lot of substantial knowledge to teach the students. The variety of courses is very high and you can study art history and economics at the same time which is a great advantage of AUP. Class size is around 15-20 people in a classroom which is very good for discussions and understanding the material better.
AUP proves support to the students and always helps them to find an internship and later on a job.
  • Jan 18 2016
  • Value
The first year you have to choose either a home stay or Comforts of Home, which is an agency that takes care of your housing. It is a great opportunity because you immediately meet people and make friends.
  • Jan 18 2016
  • Housing
Some people are participating in sports activities, but it is not a huge part of the university life.
Located in the heart of the world, AUP combines the best of both worlds - an American educational system in Europe.
Theres no campus, so youre on your own most of the time. Just look out for yourself.
If you are here to find a job/internship there are so many opportunities
  • Jan 17 2016
Review Your College
Not my cup of tea. If you have money and like seeing the same people for 4 years and not really meet anyone new, then go for it
Although there is no campus and therefore no campus housing, the apartments you get either on your own or through COH are super cute
We dont have greek life