1. Pago Pago, AS
  2. 4 Year

American Samoa Community College Reviews

So far so good . But need more instructor and more majors some majors are not offered here. Need more classrooms alot of student but not enough classroom and teachers for their major. Some classes are not offered until the other semester.
Student Learning Academic Center has been a great help through this process
During ICT courses .i.e. Computer studies we had to enroll in an online course called GCF. It was through this online class that i was able to obtain certification for Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
I guess ASCC makes do, most of the college graduates here apply straight for employment straight after graduation. Not many students transfer off island for a bachelors degree. The stigma here is to get an associates and get a job
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
My Adviser in my Health Science major is Dr.Chang and truthfully he is one of the most helpful people in this institution. Teaching towards my strength , encouraging to join clubs and shadowing my overall education.
A few years ago , ASCC was currently under suspension by the WASC committee and was seeking to be accredited once more. The value of a degree is constantly fluctuating due to the lack of process.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
Being a Health Science major , I usually take courses that are geared mostly to the science field. So far my experience has been somewhat a revision. A mere review of the things that i already know
American Samoa Community College is the only college in our little island. Growing up in the Pacific we learn to appreciate everything little thing we are given. It may not enable its students to fully reach their potential, but at least its accredited
The value if the degree is accredited. Things here in Ascc are very affordable to students and helpful.
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
My experience here is quite extraordinary. The courses offered are very applicable to my majir. The professors are veryhelpful.
My major provides more opportunity for us the students. They help us with financial issues in some ways.
The experiences that I have gained from ASCC is filled with excitement. The classes and activities are worth it. ASCC is a great place for college freshmen to start. The student government association plans and exexutes great activitiea that meets the needs of the students, and the bilaws of the school.
Well it is very convenient, however i have to shuffle my personal schedule so i can get to class.
The courses that are offered here at Ascc varys in different way. They each helps the student progress, and learn more about their major. The class sizes are great. They are manageable by students and professors. The professors are well prepared to teach their students. Different professors have different way of teaching and has his/her own technique of helping out a student.
Ascc is a great place to start. I major in elementary education and the program is just great. There are a lot of opportunities for students to take part in. The work study is great.. The rate is good. Ascc will help any student be prepare for the real world.
Majors here are really simple, but I'm majoring in Accounting. Their classes are really fun and easy to understand. I love numbers.
  • College Junior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
You can get work done in college
They give job opportunities to students within the college.
  • College Junior
  • 9 months ago
  • Value
They focus on your strengths.
Great place to learn in my opinion.