American River College Reviews

1,264 reviews
American River College has the best faculty, students and student resources in the Sacramento area. The professors are talented and enthusiastic and know how to get their students interested and prepared to graduate/transfer.
Most of the teachers on this campus care a lot and want you to succeed. Great school, I would stay here and not transfer if I could.
American River College has AWESOME professors, very nice environment, overall it is clean and smoke free college. It has large classes that many students can be taught at once and It has a free learning center where there are many tutors. American River College has large Parking lots that more than 2000 car can park without any issues. Since I have begun my education in ARC, I consider a big change in myself so, this is all due to the hard working professors who helps students to reach their goals I recommend everyone to attend American River College for their higher educations.
Start Your Review of American River College
American River College opened a lot of doors for me. As an International Student I was worried that a community college will not be supportive in my education journey. However, American River College has proved to guide me through my education, making me a better student, tutor and scientist. I have gained a lot of confidence in all the science classes. The diversity on campus is amazing, providing a truly unique environment. American River College has proved to be one of the best choices to start my education in the U.S.
I have had a wonderful experience so far at ARC. The professors I have had have all been wonderful and supporting (minus one) and the academics are amazing considering it is a community college.
You can never expect too much from a community college which is important when going to one. What American River College does well is that it provides a nice path for transferring after 2-3 years to usually a UC, with overwhelming amounts of transfer students going to UC Davis. There is nothing too special about the academics other than most of your GE's being easy with some select classes being difficult due to professors who do not place much care into their work. As a note, the professors at ARC will vary, many will be great and many will be not so great. The education however, is as good as it can get for the price that you are paying. However, for other social aspects, expect there to be little to none. Since it is a community college you will, for the most part, be meeting people solely through your classes. This worked out for me only because I was heavily involved in the STEM courses and took classes with the same people for 2 years which may not be the case for other majors.
Aaaaaaajhvcfthihffghbvxfghbbnbbcjdjwjsjxhxdbsbebbedbdbdbdbdndndnnxxb d dbdbdbdbxbxndndrnendndnenrnrndndndncncncnfnfndndndndnfnfndnfnfnfnnffnfnfnfnndfnnffnfnfndn
Most of the teachers are amazing at getting the teachers to engage in the classroom through activities and humor. The campus is green and has plenty of resources for you to take advantage of.
My experience has been good. Most of the professors I've had have been great and want to see you succeed. The location is not the best and parking can sometimes be crazy depending on what time you come, but the garage is not as bad as Sac State.
It was nice for a community college. The general ed classes were pretty dull, but they teach to the lower students. The Art New Media program was very good for a community college.
ARC is a large campus with many students. There are many resources on campus that are designed to help students succeed.
The campus itself is clean and easy to navigate through.
Professors were not knowledgeable, nor did they seem to know what they were talking about often times. I have gotten an A in classes and learned absolutely nothing. Campus counselors and financial aid officers were terrible, you were lucky if they spoke english.
I loved my experience at American River College. I personally experienced a fine education and was always surrounded by a diverse amount of people.
Professors are very supportive and encourage you to succeed. Counselors are very supportive and stick with you to reach your goals.
Its a great place to get ahead and find your path in doing what you love, I definitely got ahead. It has a great environment and a peaceful quiet place to focus on career as a student.
I am currently a student at American River College. I appreciate all that this school has offered to me, mainly the fine arts department. Some things I would like to see to improve our educational system would be some teacher reform - I have witnessed many teachers only there for a paycheck and that doesn’t benefit any students. There are many teachers that have been let go but are eager to teach and learn with the students, that’s who we need more of on campus. Student surveys about the teachers could improve this. Also we need reform as to how we are taught. The art department has opened my eyes to how school should be - about really learning and expanding your mind rather than the mindless memorization and regurgitation of facts for tests and grades. I want to come out of higher education WITH a higher education rather than a glorified piece of paper and student loan debt.
What I like about American River college are the students there. As a freshmen there I expected to go through some rough spots and toughness, but the students really make you feel like your already apart of the ARC family easy to talk to, get along with, and lots of fun activities outside of the school they'll invite you to.
Start Your Review of American River College
Professors are passionate when teaching. Very diverse campus. Great student resources. Accessible for people with disabilities. Parking is difficult.
.........................................................................................................................................
I like the diversity at American River College. I also like the amount of resources on campus. If I can change something I will change the food and dorm life on American River College.