American River College Reviews

1,297 reviews
Excellent sports programs, excellent support services for students. Programs available are ok and I would like to see more. Food services need expansion to include healthy and organic alternatives and more variety.
Going into American River College, I was a little apprehensive about what my experience might be. I was pleasantly surprised, most of the teachers I had were very engaged with their classes and actually cared about the student's grades. When I was planning on transferring, the many people I talked to about the process were very helpful and willing to help me understand the whole process. This is a very good place to go for an education. The only thing I would improve upon is Canvas, the website you use for most homework. Some of the teachers still don't understand how to use it and as a result may grade suffers sometimes. I've had to go in and talk to some of my teachers about why my grade looks weird and they realize they put something in wrong. But like I said, my overall experience at ARC has been very good and I recommend it to anyone looking for a 2-year degree.
American River College provides lots a viable options into various careers and paths to transfer to other Universities. The professors feel very at ease and the school is very adamant of having a path to success and striving to reach ones own goals which I admire and is something that has helped me.
A criticism I would have is regarding the counselors. At least with the two counselors I worked with, I felt that I was there just to check off boxes and just to make sure basics were fulfilled which is very different then the treatment I received from my counselors in High school.
Start Your Review of American River College
I LOVE IT ITS GREAT . EVEN THOUGH I AM A FRESHMEN ITS GREAT PEOPLE OF MY COLOR COMMUNICATE WITH NO PROBLEM. THE SCENERY IS AMAZING . TEACHERS HELP YOU WITH NO HESITATION. ALSO ITS NOT VERY HARD FINDING YOUR CLASSES WHEN YOU DO APPLY HERE FOR AMERICAN RIVER COLLEGE.
I like how open the campus was, and the union where students can study. Nicely conditioned for summer classes
I religiously use ratemyprofessor.com when getting professors here and so far, I have nothing but amazing professors here. One of the many good things about doing community college is that it's way cheaper than going straight to a four-year and you have a better chance of going to your first-choice university. The professors are pretty easy and ARC offers a wide range of classes you can take. You can test out the waters of certain majors without making a big dent in your pocket.
I heard about this college from my friends. I applied here last year and it is pretty good, I had great professors at STAT, HCD, ENGWR and MATH areas so far. The entire place is pretty nice and accessibility is ok. There is also public transportation available plus big enough parking lots for students.
i love that the professors are very helpful and care about your success. I will continue to attend this college and graduate from this college.
American river college is a great school. so much diversity and professors are well qualified. The only change i wish about American river college is the neatness of the campus. Apart from that, everyone is helpful and also nice. (at least from my experience). This is my third year at this school but that is because i didn't get my classes on time. There are a lot of nursing student at this school, so if you’re a nursing student, it might be hard to get all your prerequisites on time; especially your main science courses such as Anatomy and physiology.
I like American River College because they actually cater to your needs and want to help you. They're not like another college I went to, where they're too competitive to actually care about what you need, they want to make what they have available work for you and provide you with options of classes to take and a schedule to follow. They're super helpful whenever I call for questions and always follow through on whatever they promise to give you.
I like that it is close to home and isnt a gigantic school, its easy to maneuver and get around and the staff has always been helpful for me. I have always loved the classes ive taken there and all the professors ive had have all been phenomenal. I wish i could still attend that school i enjoyed it so much.
The instructors are A.R. are geared towards the success of their students. The help they offer is in many forms and thigh they do not parent students the care with genuine concern for the outcome of your education.
The College has some excellent professors. However the over all function of the financial aid and counselor office are very inefficient. Along with the online interactive student system used "Canvas" which is used to mediate between students and faculty. The Canvas is not user friendly and fails to have some basic functional options that would help keep you up to date on assignments and grading better. The school also needs to have another parking structure to accommodate the needs of enrolled students.
I have learned so much being here and they have great staff that are always willing to help.while attending this college you feel like home and can meet new people who have the same goal as you to learn and grow mentally.
My first visit to the college was a very positive experience. The semester hadn't started yet and I was finding the locations for each of my classes. I had several professors ask if I needed help finding classes or buildings. Some professors even offered advice. I am currently focusing my studies on business and I find my business professors to be incredibly knowledgeable, understanding, and helpful. I have had a better experience here than I have at any other school I have attended. The school has a goal to update all buildings. The community on campus is easy going and diverse. There are a lot of parking spots because they recently built a 5 level parking garage!
I have been here for 4-years! I love love this place! Other LosRios colleges to me were not like this one. I graduated with my AA in Science. I also worked in many different offices on campus and still work for ARC. Lots of amazing teachers and great staff. Lots of great resources are offered.
Confusing at first. But few professors show how much they want their students to improve while others are just there to lecture.
Start Your Review of American River College
ARC is a great place to start if you want inexpensive tuition fees. Staff has been extremely generous to me. Many wonderful programs that go unknown ask questions.
I am a student in the California Early College Academy (CECA) which is a joint high school and community college program. I have taken courses at ARC for the past year. Some professors are very engaged and make the classes interesting. They provide all the necessary tools to succeed. It is very demanding as a high school student, but I have done well.
Recently, we have noticed some bias by security staff against African American students at our ARC satellite campus in North Natomas. That as been disappointing for many of the CECA students. We hope it is just an aberration and that the positive diverse environment that we have experienced at ARC over the past year will continue.
With a variety of available courses online, American River College has been the perfect choice for pursuing my undergraduate education before I transfer. As a full time Mom, the online classes are crucial to my success. ARC has met all of my needs.