American River College Reviews

1,214 reviews
My experience attending American River College has been a rough road. I started as a part time student due to having a job but as I slowly realized that there I more I could have done instead of work is focusing on my studies. It is great to have a job and earning your own paid but there are times when things suddenly gets tough and you have to adjust to the situation. What I am trying to say is taking a step at a time is the best way of how to do things the way you can.
Please be kindly informed I am writing you this letter to share the noble idea I have as we all are preciously unique responses to a need on earth. This is a sincere heartfelt humble call to be a familiar voice in an unfamiliar land as we all are family of human kind. I am an Ethiopian 23 years male with great visions & missions in life. I have also a Diploma of social Science in English with a total of 3.33 GPA
I kindly request your informed consideration as I would like to be one of your scholarship student’s from Ethiopia as your scholarship presence will make great impacts in the lives of thousands of school age children who are deprived the right of education. I will be very grateful if you come to have a preliminary confirming visit to see the heartbreaking reality on the ground in different regions of Ethiopia to think the way forward as well as all the possibilities.Looking forward for your informed response as your schedule permits.
I have enjoyed being in the Computer Science program at American River College. Most of the teachers are very knowledgeable and are glad to help you. The physical campus is nice, and the online classes have been very helpful.
Review American River College
At first, I wasn't so keen on attending a local community college, but once I started really paying attention to the professors I chose, my experience became fantastic. Do your research, and this school is worth it!
The faculty and teachers are so helpful and care about the education and personal goal of the students attending. There are so many programs and services that helps student what they need like TRIOs where unrepresented groups of students are welcome and are provided with financial, academic success and support, and tutoring. The school is pretty much diverse with different students with many different backgrounds and culture.
It's a great academic institution. The professors are very helpful and they go all out to make sure you understand the topics. One thing I like to see improve is the student life aspect of interacting.
I like that it is a clean campus. it is also very safe. Since I have attended, there has not been any sort of crimes against students or faculty. Everyone is very helpful and outgoing. it has been a great experience at ARC.
Most of the students and staff are helpful here on campus. Anyone is willing to stop and help you if you look lost or have a question. Though sometimes parking can be difficult to get, isn't it always on a college campus?
I went here for my two year associates in Anthropology. I did enjoy my time here and the professors you get are a hit or a miss really. I was lucky that my major professors were so helpful and engaging and were really great instructors. The campus life is a bit a non-existent but keep in mind it is a community college so it's not going to be extremely exciting.
This is my second semester attending here, and I really enjoyed the campus and the programs that it has to offer. It also has a good variety of classes and professors. A lot of on and off campus activities.
Its great academically as it holds different classes that other colleges may not have to transfer into the State College or UC that they be applying for. It is also very diverse; you will see many faces of race, religion, background and so forth.
Overall, in my experience this college is really diverse with lots of different things you can do. The professors generally amazing and very willing to work with you to reach your goals.
It's a good school because they offer a lot of academic resources like free tutoring and advising. I was a student athlete and the sports programs are well developed. So if you are looking to transfer to a 4 year school, this is the perfect college to get started at.
The Professors are incredibly. But the negative- the demographics, many are not really serious about bettering themself. Less then half who start actually graduate.
I find this to be a very great ,i've gone to two other colleges but I like American River College the best. The teachers are nice the professors are nice and I really like the students I've learned a lot by going to American River College.
I took two classes during the Fall semester @ ARC this year. Both classes appeared easy at the start but became more challenging as the semester continued. I love how the professors push you and set high expectations for their students. Great experience and looking forward to Spring 17'!
I like that it's smoke free and it honestly isn't a bad campus. It's kept clean, the bookstore has a lot of variety, the classes are interesting and overall, for community college, it isn't a bad way to go.
Review American River College
Excellent academics. Most professors have previously taught at universities. Social aspect is non existent. Students aren't interested in making friends.
Terrific professors great campus all staff and faculty genuinely interested in your success. Couldn't be more content and happy with my experience thus far
I think American River College is a great college to go to! I have been there since Spring 2016. It is a great place to get your general education requirements and a good step stone to a four-year college. I think that the professors are great! I've had a great experience so far.