1,946 reviews
  1. 4 Year (Online)

American Public University System Reviews

1,946 reviews
This University is wonderful. Easy enrolling. Academic counselors are there for anything you may need. Financial counselors help with any questions. Professors are very easy to talk to and are always a part of the forum in class discussions. The only thing I would like to change is to have their Bachelor program shortened to 5-week classes instead of the classes being 8 weeks long.
The experience with APUS was very easy as they was there from the start to finish to make signing up a breeze .
American Public University has been absolutely helpful in the pursuit of my Masters Degree. I'm active duty military with rigorous working hours. The flexibility of this school has made it possible for me to still keep my dreams alive (completing my MS), while I continue to serve this great Nation.
Review Your College
I liked the flexibility that came with an online school. I liked that the courses were 8 weeks long so I was able to complete my degree faster. The admissions process and class registration are very easy. The teachers do not prepare their own lesson plans or syllabus- course materials are outdated. I took a Business Writing class in 2016; the assigned book was written in 1995, and warned about challenges with the upcoming integration of email into the workplace. Additionally, many teachers are just glorified graders with minimal participation in the classroom discussions. Many teachers do not even respond to messages if you have issues. Most of the coursework is easy and rarely consists of more than "read these 5 million pages and write about it". I would not go back. I am embarrassed that I stuck with this school for so long and do not like to tell people that I even have a degree. But, it was an easy way for me to earn transfer credits while working full time with a newborn.
Thus far my experience with APUS has been really good. Great, engaging courses and professors. Staff is top-notch. Affordable tuition. Wish I had picked them first.
American Public University is a great school for many reasons. When I made the decision to continue my education, I had not idea where to start. I researched many online schools and was drawn to APU because of the online chat. I was so impressed with the chat I had that I immediately enrolled. I have only taken a few classes, but have had a great experience with each one. The instructors are very knowledgeable and caring. My advisor went above and beyond to help me with some concerns I had. This is definitely a fantastic school and I highly recommend it to everyone.
I have had a very good experience with APU so far. I very much like being able to work at my own pace. The professors are quick to reply to emails and questions. There is not anything I would change, it's a great fit for me!
I am in the American Military University portion of the system and it is by far the most amazing experience I have with school. Online school takes away from the face to face interaction but I am still able to network and actually learn and educate myself from the coursework.
This university offers a wide variety of majors, has the most flexible schedule. I really enjoy that it pays for 100% of military tuition. It is regional accredited, which is the better option out of the national accredidation since it is not accepted in most universities.
They care about me. I get emails on what to expected when I enter my courses and documents needed to help me continuing to pursue my education. Professional and caring and if someone in a certain department is unable to help, they get someone who can. I get confused and upset when I make a payment plan with an financial aid assistant. I'll submit a payment, then shortly, it's not the correct amount. So, I'll have to start over.
APUS has been a great experience. Being active duty military and having to go on temporary duty to locations without internet, often on short notice, it is hard to establish a concrete schedule. APUS understands this and is great at working with me. The only down side is instructor feedback. Although it doesn’t happen often, some instructors give inadequate feedback on assignments. This leaves the student wondering how to improve their work. However, this problem is hit and miss, depending on the instructor. Overall, I would recommend this university to fellow military members who are pursuing their degree. In fact, my wife is a student as well.
I have been attending this school for the last 4 years. Overall, my experience has been great. I love the flexibility it gives for me to still continue to work while doing courses online.
I am in my first semester with this school but so far everything has been great! Every time I have a question their advising department gets back to me that day, usually. The programming they use for the classes is simple and easy to navigate. The only downfall is the high tuition, $270 per credit hour with 3 hours being the normal amount per class. The good thing about that is there is no additional books that must be bought. If it wasn't for the high tuition I would have given this school 5 stars.
I love APUS. Teachers are always there for you. The program is easy to follow even if the assignments are not so easy. I love the steps they introduce you too and really just love them in general!
I like that this school is online. It allows me to work full time and attend school full time. The school also allows me to work at my own pace, within their allowed windows of due dates. However, I would really like to change the interaction portion with the school. Once a week, or more depending on the class, you are required to respond in a forum post. These posts determine your understanding of the material you learned and allow for interaction between other students. The problem I have faced is that most students just do not care to put enough effort into the posts or into their replies backs to you.
I have just enrolled in this school system and the staff has been more than helpful! I have received an answer to every one of the questions that I have asked in a timely manner. This is an all online school so there is no campus or anything. They advisement team that has walked me through the enrollment process has been simply outstanding! I have had help transferring all of my credits over by requesting the transcripts and even got live chat help to troubleshoot a transcript that I was having problems with.
I've been with APUS for about 6 years now and I love it. I love that I get to work around my schedule. Wherever or whenever I have some time I pull out my laptop and start studying. The reason I don't give it five stars is due to the fact that there is no face to face interactions due to it being online. However, they do have Adobe Connect where you can log in and see and talk to your professor!
Review Your College
By far, one of the best colleges I continue to brag over. It has so many online classes that is great for the military. If you are struggling to find a major it will give you great information on where to beg just as well as all the options. It is a cheap college and will go wherever you go. I am.deployed at the moment and continue to no problems with my college. They have the fastest responders that will help you in every need. Overall, the best college I could have chosen!
My experience with American Public University has been great so far. I will be starting classes in February. I have been getting a lot of help from workers there when I have questions about financial aid or navigation on the website.
My experience with American Public University has been great. All my classes have been online, so I cannot comment on anything to do with the campus, but I have been very impressed with the instructors. They are actively involved in their classes and easy to approach with problems. They are great about making their classes as interesting as possible. I also like how I can access my classes any time of the day. I recommend this college to anyone thinking of getting their degree. The cost is lower than many of the others, there are many options to choose from for degrees and grants are available.