American Public University System Reviews

1,954 reviews
I love APU, and would advise any future student to add APU to there list of schools. I like the courses I attended online which I learned a lot about taking online classes
American Public University has been very accomodating for me as a return to school person of advanced age. The professors have been flexible allowing me to work around my life issues while allowing me to still be successful in my educational journey.
Everything is great. If I have any questions or need help they are only an e-mail, live chat or phone call away.
Review American Public University System
American Public University System is an outstanding college. Not only are they understanding of the military duties that come up only our military career that may interfere with our schooling, but they have so many programs that help with transition from the military to the civilian world. With that being said, APUS is not only a school for military but also for our dependents, veterans and others.

American Public University System also offers free books which helps those who do not have the finances to pay for the books required for school. There are also waived fees that help with financial situations.

The teachers and the administrators are extremely kind and knowledgeable and responds to their students and potential students in a timely fashion.
By being in the Military and solely attending the online program, I only rated those that pertained to me. APU has been tremendous for my situation. Professors are understanding, portals are easily accessible, a great diverse degree options, and have not had any issues with personal information being leaked out. I have really enjoyed attending APU and have always recommended to anyone in similar situations.
Great! Love the staff and professors! Easy to use online campus! Supplemental to their user-friendly class layout, their online library tools and resources are also excellent contributions to the learning environment. Their personnel and staff are knowledgeable on areas of responsibility and provide prompt response time. Overall, staff members and departments (Veterans Affairs), Financial Aid, and Student Services align and communicate well!
This school is the best. The teachers are so helpful and go out there way to help the student even though it is online. The staff is helpful as well their response time is so quick and I love that.
my experience with this college is upsetting , i should have obtained my degree already. they limit what they will allow you to transfer in credit wise. I have 21 unused credits already. this is very disturbing.
This University is wonderful. Easy enrolling. Academic counselors are there for anything you may need. Financial counselors help with any questions. Professors are very easy to talk to and are always a part of the forum in class discussions. The only thing I would like to change is to have their Bachelor program shortened to 5-week classes instead of the classes being 8 weeks long.
The experience with APUS was very easy as they was there from the start to finish to make signing up a breeze .
American Public University has been absolutely helpful in the pursuit of my Masters Degree. I'm active duty military with rigorous working hours. The flexibility of this school has made it possible for me to still keep my dreams alive (completing my MS), while I continue to serve this great Nation.
I liked the flexibility that came with an online school. I liked that the courses were 8 weeks long so I was able to complete my degree faster. The admissions process and class registration are very easy. The teachers do not prepare their own lesson plans or syllabus- course materials are outdated. I took a Business Writing class in 2016; the assigned book was written in 1995, and warned about challenges with the upcoming integration of email into the workplace. Additionally, many teachers are just glorified graders with minimal participation in the classroom discussions. Many teachers do not even respond to messages if you have issues. Most of the coursework is easy and rarely consists of more than "read these 5 million pages and write about it". I would not go back. I am embarrassed that I stuck with this school for so long and do not like to tell people that I even have a degree. But, it was an easy way for me to earn transfer credits while working full time with a newborn.
Thus far my experience with APUS has been really good. Great, engaging courses and professors. Staff is top-notch. Affordable tuition. Wish I had picked them first.
American Public University is a great school for many reasons. When I made the decision to continue my education, I had not idea where to start. I researched many online schools and was drawn to APU because of the online chat. I was so impressed with the chat I had that I immediately enrolled. I have only taken a few classes, but have had a great experience with each one. The instructors are very knowledgeable and caring. My advisor went above and beyond to help me with some concerns I had. This is definitely a fantastic school and I highly recommend it to everyone.
I have had a very good experience with APU so far. I very much like being able to work at my own pace. The professors are quick to reply to emails and questions. There is not anything I would change, it's a great fit for me!
I am in the American Military University portion of the system and it is by far the most amazing experience I have with school. Online school takes away from the face to face interaction but I am still able to network and actually learn and educate myself from the coursework.
This university offers a wide variety of majors, has the most flexible schedule. I really enjoy that it pays for 100% of military tuition. It is regional accredited, which is the better option out of the national accredidation since it is not accepted in most universities.
Review American Public University System
They care about me. I get emails on what to expected when I enter my courses and documents needed to help me continuing to pursue my education. Professional and caring and if someone in a certain department is unable to help, they get someone who can. I get confused and upset when I make a payment plan with an financial aid assistant. I'll submit a payment, then shortly, it's not the correct amount. So, I'll have to start over.
APUS has been a great experience. Being active duty military and having to go on temporary duty to locations without internet, often on short notice, it is hard to establish a concrete schedule. APUS understands this and is great at working with me. The only down side is instructor feedback. Although it doesn’t happen often, some instructors give inadequate feedback on assignments. This leaves the student wondering how to improve their work. However, this problem is hit and miss, depending on the instructor. Overall, I would recommend this university to fellow military members who are pursuing their degree. In fact, my wife is a student as well.
I have been attending this school for the last 4 years. Overall, my experience has been great. I love the flexibility it gives for me to still continue to work while doing courses online.