American Public University System Reviews

1,982 reviews
Great experience, committed professors. I have had no bad experience with APUS, books are also free if in the military.
Getting started with college as an untraditional student as been as painless as it could possibly be.
With this school being an online school it pretty much advocates flexibility. The professors are extremely helpful and the school website is very user-friendly.
Start Your Review of American Public University System
The online program allows you to interact with your professor, and fellow class mates. The course work is easy to manage, and the deadlines are easy to meet. The material relates to the career I'm working towards, and I know I will be able to succed towards my goals.
Online school. great price. lots of value. overall best bang for your buck especially as an engineering degree.
Overall the classes were good but my overall experience could have been better. After being with APUS for 2+ years and 4 classes shy of graduating I find out my financial aid is maxed out, so I immediately get on the phone to figure out solutions so I can finish school. There really are NONE! They don't offer scholarships and the only payment plan they have is to pay half up front when you register and the balance the first week of school. Mind you each class is about $900 so if your class were to start two weeks from registration you are pretty much forking out $900 on the spot. The financial aid office wasn't very helpful and couldn't offer me any help and said to apply for a private loan, of which Sallie Mae is the only lender I could find. Even with a co-signer that had excellent credit I could not get approved and scholarship websites are pretty much useless.
Great advisors and great teachers. Everyone is very helpful. easy online courses. Several financial aid packages.
This school is extremely military friendly. The professors are there to assist your learning and understand the military lifestyle.
American Public University System is a distance learning school that provides students who work full-time, part-time, or don't work at all an opportunity to work towards a college education. Although many of the students I have encountered during my time at this university have been military, this university is open to the public. All you have to do is apply. My decision to attend and stay with this university was largely due to the fact that the professors are humans and understand each students' needs and circumstances.
This university is a great school for those who are overseas and cannot attend a university traditionally. I obtained an Associate's degree and Bachelor's at this university and did so in only 2 years as a transfer student. The professors are helpful and want you to succeed, they challenge you and the administration is very helpful especially when you live on the other side of the world!
I really appreciated the ease of APUS and AMU because I am an active duty service member. The college was really easy to work with to pursue my education with my military tuition assistance. The courses are 8-week online courses that offered a lot of flexibility for me. I'd recommend this to any service member looking for a degree program.
I love taking classes with American Public University System. Their online degree programs are perfect for military spouses and the school in general is very military friendly. I have had a wonderful experience with this school so far.
School is very good. Teacher are very knowledgeable and especially flexible for working with the military and the schedule.
I was introduced to this amazing institution by a friend of mine also in the military. I must admit I fell in love with the school because its says American Military college. I initially went online and registered for an Associate program and then realized it wasn't really going to get me into my future job aspiration so I called the academics office and they connected me to a programs specialist who literally guided me to determine which program was more suitable for my future goals. They have been in touch with me through emails and phone calls through out my course registrations and financial aid application process and now I can't wait to start my classes.
Awesome staff! Everyone that I have had to deal with does a great job making you their priority. When it came to the enrollment process and utilizing other forms my counselor did a great job and continues to help me thus far.
Most of my professors are quick to respond to any questions I have via email. Technical support is fantastic-as well as the ease of use website! I truly enjoy the flexibility APUS provides me with my schedule. My only objection is tuition is rather high- which is expected with a for profit university.
I like the pace of the classes and being able to start here and transfer to a bigger school and the credits are accepted to the college I want to transfer to.
Start Your Review of American Public University System
I love that APUS really cares about it's student and is not like most Universities today just trying to make money!
The online campus is great and easy to navigate through. The teachers are always professional and they will work with you on any and everything. There is free tutoring and easy access to material. I love it!
I enjoyed my time here for undergrad. There were some good and bad times. The school offers extensions when you feel that you can't get all of your work completed, especially for military students. There were a few times where I had to travel or relocate and they worked with me. Discussions and papers were the center of my studies as an English major. Overall I had a great experience.