American Public University System Reviews

2,078 reviews
Website is super user friendly. Straight forward school and convenient for students who need or prefer online schooling.
I have been with APUS (American Military University) for over 2 years. My entire experience has been online school with them. I love their services and every professor that I have had, have been excellent instructors. I have always had great communications with my instructors, I have never had a financial problem or any issues delay my studies. I have always felt like my education is priority for the Staff. Even through my deployments they have been very flexible with me when I need to adjust my schedules due to hardship circumstances. I love this school and I plan to continue for my Masters with them.
Awesome School!!!! I love how helpful the teachers are and amazing. I love being in college online. They make classes easy for me to understand and the teachers are just great. I wish that I would have gone through APU the first time I went to school.
Start Your Review of American Public University System
APUS has made it possible for me to continue my education as an adult learner. The opportunities and doors that this organization opened for me are endless and I will forever be grateful to their dedication and professionalism.
It is a great experience as a military spouse and for my husband who is currently serving and going to the same school. It is a very simple platform to use and navigate through for someone who has never gone to school online before!
The courses are challenging, with a lot of reading and writing. Weekly forum posts need to be accomplished and a student needs to reply to at least two to three students. Papers can range from answering questions that are posted to research papers that can span up to 20 pages (at least in my field of study).
I do have some issues with some of my professors who even after pointing out grave APA formatting errors and pointing out relevant documentation, insisted on being right. It was a distractor that had an impact on GPA.
This school is attended by mostly military and older students. Students have to be committed to this type of education experience as there is very little instruction from professors outside of the weekly assignments. I found most professors o respond to questions and concerns quickly and never have witnessed a professor to refuse to help me out.
I loved them transferring 35 credit hours over even before I started. This saves me so much time and money.
I love how interactive everyone who attends the college is. The professors stay in contact at all times. The professors extend class work or home work if need be. My guidance councilor keeps in contact with me to make sure I have everything I need to start my classes. There is online support if Im having issues. I can always reach out to my professor if an issues arises. The classes are affordable. Being an online school makes it easier to enjoy family life wither I'm on the go moving where the military sends us, on family vacations or just living day to day life. I can get all my schooling accomplished while working and attending my children's school functions. Family is very supportive. My children give me time to get my schooling done and understand I'm trying to accomplish my dreams, while supporting my family as well.
I'm a New Online Student. So far most of the people I speak with are over the phone, and most of them are polite and very helpful.
I absolutely love the user freinlt platform on all my classes. I have been enrolled since 2016 and I have never had an issue with the system nor the teachers.
I have never had any problems. Staff always willing to help and answer questions. Financial aid department is very helpful. The classes are only 8 weeks long so sometimes there's alot of papers and seems like very little time to do them but other than that classes are great. Most classes require alot of reading and yoy must out in effort and respond to forum post in order to get good grades.
As with all online universities, one sacrifices the face-to-face lectures and teaching techniques for convenience. Again, not directly directed at this school, but 99% of all online schools. What could change this is required reading/lessons and maybe a small quiz after each to test one's knowledge on the weeks subject before they can move on to the next lesson.
I like how when doing the online classes you choose classes that work for you. Some of it's technology seems a little out of date, which if they upgraded would help students tremendously.
Great online university. Enrolling in college is usually a huge headache, but at APU, this experience wasn't stressful at all. The entire faculty is very helpful and you actually feel like you're learning from the courses offered here. I highly recommend APU to anyone I know that is interested in attending school online.
I love this college. I work full time and go to school full time and their online college gives me the flexibility to do it all and still have a life.
This schools allows service members to go to school with a flexible schedule online. Offers many programs for all interests and most professions. Tuition Assistance will be enough to pay for courses as you take them and up to 10 years is allowed to complete a degree program.
Very military friendly college. They work with you and they understand that you are in the military. If you ever have to deploy or have to go to the field training exercise, they help you as much as they can and extend your course. It is also 100% online and their schedule are very flexible.
Start Your Review of American Public University System
By far the best choice i could have ever made when choosing a college! They had the exact degree and degree plan that matched what my job is in the Air Force! I am almost ready to graduate and cant wait to start my masters.
Very knowledgeable instructors, I feel like I'm learning alot thru the required reading and online interactions.
My overall experience has been wonderful and affordable! I have enjoyed the freedom that American Public University gives me so that I can learn at my own time and my own pace. I attend school online because I work full time and APU has a great staff and the professor's are also very understanding when everyday life seems to come up out of nowhere. I'm having a great experience with this university overall. I couldn't be happier with the decision to enroll as an online student!