American Public University System Reviews

1,973 reviews
This university is a great school for those who are overseas and cannot attend a university traditionally. I obtained an Associate's degree and Bachelor's at this university and did so in only 2 years as a transfer student. The professors are helpful and want you to succeed, they challenge you and the administration is very helpful especially when you live on the other side of the world!
I really appreciated the ease of APUS and AMU because I am an active duty service member. The college was really easy to work with to pursue my education with my military tuition assistance. The courses are 8-week online courses that offered a lot of flexibility for me. I'd recommend this to any service member looking for a degree program.
I love taking classes with American Public University System. Their online degree programs are perfect for military spouses and the school in general is very military friendly. I have had a wonderful experience with this school so far.
Review American Public University System
School is very good. Teacher are very knowledgeable and especially flexible for working with the military and the schedule.
I was introduced to this amazing institution by a friend of mine also in the military. I must admit I fell in love with the school because its says American Military college. I initially went online and registered for an Associate program and then realized it wasn't really going to get me into my future job aspiration so I called the academics office and they connected me to a programs specialist who literally guided me to determine which program was more suitable for my future goals. They have been in touch with me through emails and phone calls through out my course registrations and financial aid application process and now I can't wait to start my classes.
Awesome staff! Everyone that I have had to deal with does a great job making you their priority. When it came to the enrollment process and utilizing other forms my counselor did a great job and continues to help me thus far.
Most of my professors are quick to respond to any questions I have via email. Technical support is fantastic-as well as the ease of use website! I truly enjoy the flexibility APUS provides me with my schedule. My only objection is tuition is rather high- which is expected with a for profit university.
I like the pace of the classes and being able to start here and transfer to a bigger school and the credits are accepted to the college I want to transfer to.
I love that APUS really cares about it's student and is not like most Universities today just trying to make money!
The online campus is great and easy to navigate through. The teachers are always professional and they will work with you on any and everything. There is free tutoring and easy access to material. I love it!
I enjoyed my time here for undergrad. There were some good and bad times. The school offers extensions when you feel that you can't get all of your work completed, especially for military students. There were a few times where I had to travel or relocate and they worked with me. Discussions and papers were the center of my studies as an English major. Overall I had a great experience.
American Public University System is not like other higher education schools. With many academic programs and a vast diversity in students, you are bound to find something to make you feel at home. This University has a lot of programs for online programs which is very helpful for the busy individual. One thing I would like to see changed, is how quick you get responses back from IT or other areas within the campus via e-mail.
All the staff is very helpful and the application procedure is very easy. The perfect option for those who wish a new beginning in their career.
I have been attending APU since the end of 2015. I am currently active duty military and I really like the fact that all of the professors understand that things beyond the students control happen; such as going to the field etc. They are always understanding on letting me either complete assignments before the due date to ensure I do not fall behind or after I come out of the field. I highly recommend this school for active duty military members.
Very simple to navigate. This college has made it very easy to be able to attain my degree while having a full time military job.
I don't want anything to change about this school. What I really like about going to school here is that the faculty are extremely caring, understanding, and professional .
I like this college a lot because it is online. That aspect is very convenient. Some courses were fairly easy and others were frustrating and challenging, yet i learned a lot and got through it. The online aspect is hard sometimes because of connection
Review American Public University System
This college allowed me to attend school while leading a very busy lifestyle. I would highly recommend this school to any working adult.
So far my experience with APUS has been great. I've only taken one class, but my professor has made it awesome as well as my classmates. If I had to change one thing about it, it would be a very minor detail. The school is completely online, so the system shows all assignments being due at 11:59pm Sunday. Living in a different time zone, it still shows me the 11:59. Sometimes I get so caught up in last minute alterations to my work that I forget I have to submit my assignment one hour earlier to be on time and it's made me miss the deadline of some very big assignments.
I love APU, and would advise any future student to add APU to there list of schools. I like the courses I attended online which I learned a lot about taking online classes