Alvin Community College Reviews

I am a dual credit student at Robert Turner College and Career High School. There were some classes and professors that I really enjoyed but others that I really struggled with and almost didn't pass because of the way the professor taught.
During my time at ACC it was great! The teachers were awesome and very helpful. The staff are friendly and the campus is clean.
I enjoyed attending Alvin Community College as a freshman and because of the professors and campus, I am attending to achieve my associates in Sonography
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
Alvin is a wonderful community college. I started here as a dual credit student and ended transferring to university. From high school up to the point that I was ready to transfer ACC was helpful. The professors have been great, the advisers are always helpful, and the student body is friendly and active.
The professors at Alvin are all really good! They definitely care about each student and help them to succeed. Plus there are tons of events on campus each month and a few different organizations to get involved in. Overall, this was a great place to spend my first year of college.
I love everything about Alvin Community College. From the low teacher to student ratio, to the free tutoring, ACC is dedicated to seeing their students succeed. The professors are all friendly and helpful, and like getting to know their students on a personal basis. I would not have wanted to attend community college anywhere else.
Alvin community college is a school that students should look in if they are not sure if they want to stay in college or not. just get the feeling of what college is about or the course. since it is a community college there not a lot of parties or social gathering. it just give you an idea what college life is like during school.
As a online student I do not see campus life, but the teachers are responsive. I'm able to get in contact with professors quick and they answer my questions with accuracy.
I love Alvin college because it is local to home, the staff has been really great, and I enjoy the fact that I can earn my education online while being a mom/wife, and working full time.
Went here for some nursing classes and just loved the school and professors. The professors really help you succeed your goals.
Substance abuse program is excellent Dr carrier is amazing and very knowledgable. However the board changed the program which has affected the schedu)ed of many of the students taking the coarse which will cost them more money and take 2 years longer to finish the courses .
I enjoy Alvin Community College because the professors I have are usually always great with assignments, tests, and deadlines. In my experience, I have always had professors who genuinely care about their students and their learning experience.
Very kind and helpful professors. I've been a dual credit student for four years with ACC and these have been the most productive four years of my life. Professors will work with you through any issues, and really push you to do your best in their classes.
I started at Alvin community because I wasn't sure if I was ready for a university. So I took some of the medical classes at Alvin and they are awesome and highly recommended. This college is definitely one worth looking into for a stepping stone but keep in mind the student body if difficult to handle. The overall feel of the campus is a little under driven. Its hard for students who may be looking into 4 year degrees or higher to start here due to the student bodies lack of motivation, and that alone makes it hard to keep up a self drive towards your end goal, especially if that goal is past a 2 year degree.
I feel my dual credit classes did not give me a true college environment. However, the professors are always willing to help.
Alvin Community College has been great for me through academics and also softball. I play softball at Alvin, so I am very social and very aware of the campus. It has been an amazing two years for me and sadly I will have to transfer after I receive my associate's degree. The only thing I would consider changing at Alvin Community College is to expand the parking at the "S" building, it is horrible trying to find parking for my morning classes. Other than the parking near the "S" building, Alvin has been a great ride and I enjoyed my stay there for both my academics and sports.
ACC is a safe, friendly, and education promoting environment. The teachers are so very dedicated to their work and are very helpful. The staff really cares about what students get out of it. There was a story how during even a tropical storm the library staff protected the books with fierce devotion.
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
Being a junior college, there really isn't anything in the way of partying, but the college is still really good at finding ways to instill spirit in its students and staff. The teachers here are spectacular and you definitely get plenty of bang for your buck. It is a beautiful campus and I have never felt unsafe here. The food in the student center is 5 star but it will fill your cravings for sure.
I love Alvin College; the environment amazing. You can tell that everyone treats each other like family as soon as you walk on to campus. There is no place I would have wanted to start my college career off. On top of the great campus life the professors care so much for their students it is crazy! I still talk to my very first professors!
The Counselors are very friendly and helpful. Tuition is affordable and cost of living is low. It has many resources for tutoring. Easy parking and access to campus. Only problem so far has been communication from the financial aid department.