Alvin Community College Reviews

Great place to start your acedemic career. Great local community and helpful staff.
My top choice out of the local choices.
Alvin Community College (ACC) is a great school with outstanding professors & instructors that go the extra mile for students. ACC offers an elite vascular ultrasound program known throughout the country. It places students at some of the best hospitals in the country for clinical rotations. ACC has a great college atmosphere for a small school. 5 out of 5 stars for my experience so far.
The advisors weren't much help when it came to transferring to a four year university. Some of the teachers were great, but some didn't help struggling students and didn't bother explaining anything when someone asked for help.
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
I moved to Alvin with my husband specifically so I could attend Alvin Community College for their Associate Degree of Nursing program. They have a 95 percent pass rate and are highly respected in the healthcare community here and I wanted the very best education. My experience was absolutely wonderful. The curriculum was great, the professors were awesome and our director truly advocated for us and made sure that we had the very best education. I loved how respectful the professors were and they always put us first. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Excellent deal for any undergraduate -- save money and take core curriculum and transfer to Texas universities.

One of the best ADN Nursing programs in the state of Texas. High NCLEX pass rate, clinical opportunities in the Texas Medical Center as well as local Houston/surrounding area hospitals. Faculty is composed of seasoned nurse educators, currently practicing nurse practioners, and specialists in clinical areas.
I like how helpful the professors and staff are. There is always something going on to get involved with other students.
I am a dual credit student at Robert Turner College and Career High School. There were some classes and professors that I really enjoyed but others that I really struggled with and almost didn't pass because of the way the professor taught.
During my time at ACC it was great! The teachers were awesome and very helpful. The staff are friendly and the campus is clean.
I enjoyed attending Alvin Community College as a freshman and because of the professors and campus, I am attending to achieve my associates in Sonography
Alvin is a wonderful community college. I started here as a dual credit student and ended transferring to university. From high school up to the point that I was ready to transfer ACC was helpful. The professors have been great, the advisers are always helpful, and the student body is friendly and active.
The professors at Alvin are all really good! They definitely care about each student and help them to succeed. Plus there are tons of events on campus each month and a few different organizations to get involved in. Overall, this was a great place to spend my first year of college.
I love everything about Alvin Community College. From the low teacher to student ratio, to the free tutoring, ACC is dedicated to seeing their students succeed. The professors are all friendly and helpful, and like getting to know their students on a personal basis. I would not have wanted to attend community college anywhere else.
Alvin community college is a school that students should look in if they are not sure if they want to stay in college or not. just get the feeling of what college is about or the course. since it is a community college there not a lot of parties or social gathering. it just give you an idea what college life is like during school.
As a online student I do not see campus life, but the teachers are responsive. I'm able to get in contact with professors quick and they answer my questions with accuracy.
I love Alvin college because it is local to home, the staff has been really great, and I enjoy the fact that I can earn my education online while being a mom/wife, and working full time.
Went here for some nursing classes and just loved the school and professors. The professors really help you succeed your goals.
Substance abuse program is excellent Dr carrier is amazing and very knowledgable. However the board changed the program which has affected the schedu)ed of many of the students taking the coarse which will cost them more money and take 2 years longer to finish the courses .
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
I enjoy Alvin Community College because the professors I have are usually always great with assignments, tests, and deadlines. In my experience, I have always had professors who genuinely care about their students and their learning experience.
Very kind and helpful professors. I've been a dual credit student for four years with ACC and these have been the most productive four years of my life. Professors will work with you through any issues, and really push you to do your best in their classes.
I started at Alvin community because I wasn't sure if I was ready for a university. So I took some of the medical classes at Alvin and they are awesome and highly recommended. This college is definitely one worth looking into for a stepping stone but keep in mind the student body if difficult to handle. The overall feel of the campus is a little under driven. Its hard for students who may be looking into 4 year degrees or higher to start here due to the student bodies lack of motivation, and that alone makes it hard to keep up a self drive towards your end goal, especially if that goal is past a 2 year degree.