Alvin Community College Reviews

Some professors care a lot about their students and do their best to teach and help their students understand but a few could care less and you need to teach yourself the material. The faculty is friendly and helpful and tuition is low.
Nice and updated Science building and friendly staff. Very quick admissions process and always eager to help when in need. Very informative and well rounded community that attend. Not the best area to be in, but keeps you focused because there is not much to do around there. Drive is far from the city, but a great campus.
I love how much the advisers worked with me, the atmosphere of the classes, and overall, I learned very much from my classes. I have had a few professors who gave me some issues, however, most of my professors have been amazing.
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
I like that is a small community college with great professors. There are always people that will help you. There's a need to be more academics and better safety.
So far I have been pleased with my experience with Alvin Community College.
The only exception is the nursing department. The director is unprofessional, rude and picks favorites. Otherwise the CE and other academics have been welcoming and helpful.
I'm taking online classes and it is very convenient. Professors respond quickly to emails and the classes are fairly easy.
Although I did not directly attend ACC, I was a part of their dual credit classes through Alvin High School. All the professors are very understanding and work well with the students. This was very helpful as a high school student attending college classes because it allowed me to adjust to the fast pace without worrying too much. I would recommend ACC to those wanting a friendly community and friendly professors.
I got my associates degree over a course of four years little to no issues. All of the professors are very nice as well.
Alvin Community College granted an exceptional environment for students of all backgrounds to grow and succeed. This campus has truly taught me more than just the subject matter of my classes. It has taught me skills that are critical to everyday life.
It's a pretty good school. I just wish there were more evening classes available. Most of the instructors are great, but I have had a couple that aren't so pleasing to work with.
It’s a great school, with great professors, or at least the ones I had. They were very helpful & there for me when I was struggling. The staff went above & beyond to make sure I was good. When I talked to an advicer, they told me their honest opinion on everything & were very straight forward.
The college offers various opportunities to have a jumpstart in our college career and future pathway.
ACC is a great place to start your higher education! It gives you the feel of college without the pressure of large classes, the big price tag, and being to far from home!
I enjoyed taking classes through Alvin to eventually earn my associates at the same time as my high school diploma.
Great place to start your acedemic career. Great local community and helpful staff.
My top choice out of the local choices.
Alvin Community College (ACC) is a great school with outstanding professors & instructors that go the extra mile for students. ACC offers an elite vascular ultrasound program known throughout the country. It places students at some of the best hospitals in the country for clinical rotations. ACC has a great college atmosphere for a small school. 5 out of 5 stars for my experience so far.
The advisors weren't much help when it came to transferring to a four year university. Some of the teachers were great, but some didn't help struggling students and didn't bother explaining anything when someone asked for help.
Start Your Review of Alvin Community College
I moved to Alvin with my husband specifically so I could attend Alvin Community College for their Associate Degree of Nursing program. They have a 95 percent pass rate and are highly respected in the healthcare community here and I wanted the very best education. My experience was absolutely wonderful. The curriculum was great, the professors were awesome and our director truly advocated for us and made sure that we had the very best education. I loved how respectful the professors were and they always put us first. I would do it again in a heart beat.
Excellent deal for any undergraduate -- save money and take core curriculum and transfer to Texas universities.

One of the best ADN Nursing programs in the state of Texas. High NCLEX pass rate, clinical opportunities in the Texas Medical Center as well as local Houston/surrounding area hospitals. Faculty is composed of seasoned nurse educators, currently practicing nurse practioners, and specialists in clinical areas.
I like how helpful the professors and staff are. There is always something going on to get involved with other students.