1. Alvin, TX
  2. 2 Year

Alvin Community College Reviews

Alvin Community College is a great school to attend. I've been attending this college for about two years and within the school you can meet a lot of educated people with resources. Numerous people who attended this college were offered internships right after graduating.
I love the environment this college has!!! I love my classmates and the professors! It is very easy to navigate through Black Board and the teachers respond rather quickly to e-mails. I like that the class size is not as large as a university. It allows every student to have their questions answered.
Alvin Community College is a great place. They have the best computer networking degree in the area. When you leave you will be set up to get certifications in COMPTIA and Microsoft.
Had no problem with getting the schedule that I needed, they worked with me and helped me get the classes that i needed as well as getting into the EMT program
The online classes are great, they help you and they know that your busy and they try to work with your schedule.
They transfer your credits to certain colleges and they do their best to make sure you get in to the college of your choice.
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
My teachers are very smart, and used to or currently work in the EMS field so we get real life examples and help.
there was some hidden fees with the EMT program that you didn't know till you got in the class, but they help you with them.
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
The programs offered help you get a job after your degree
Alvin is a small college, which gives it a great student to teacher ratio and helps a lot when you need it.
I would like to see more effort in the Financial Aid Office, I have been having issues with my Fafsa for a couple of months now. Since I study only theirs no way I can walk-in and fix my issues if I live thousands of miles away from the college, so I've been trying to fix these issues via email but they are really bad at getting back to you, especially to help you out.
It's very well organized schedule makes it easy not to miss your classes. However it does not offer many classes after 2 p.m. In fact not any core ones. However, I'm sure this was calculated to suit the convenience and popularity of most students schedules as most will be free in the morning.
Courses for these use blackboard as the base for learning. It's not so easy to use and does not offer much of a tutorial. Nor does it add an appeal to want to learn through its online learning system.
They have a career services center that assist in job finding and do transfer credits.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
The quality of courses of this school is one that is little to no different from the setting recieved in highschool. It should be something you are used to. It also correlates very well to what you payed for.
I think it's slightly higher than other schools. However do offer an above avarage selection of majors.
  • 7 months ago
  • Value
They have passionate teachers when it comes to my major. One of them uses the connections technique to engage the student to what is being taught. You are prone to find your favorite professor. When it came to the workload, it was all like an elective should be in that it wouldn't be too heavy. There's also an internship that allows you to work with a teacher for the school.
Although my situation isn't the cliche "I'm doing well", the school provides the essential tools for a general success. What I loved about it was that it was like a mini-college with the plus of it being less crowded, which I loved. They also made a new room, and we got to chose the name of it, through vote of course.
The school is pretty flexible with work schedule
They have been okay and I was able to still learn online