Alverno College Reviews

I came to Alverno as a transfer student. My first overall impression was that it was only for crazy outgoing people. However, now going into my third semester, I love it! The community around Alverno, along with the staff and women who attend this school are amazing and supportive. Alverno does not have grades, we have a pass or fail system. At first it was scary with that grading system,however, I really like it because the professors provide lengthy feedback on every assignment. The feedback tells us what we did well on and how we can improve our skills. With the professors giving indivial feedback, it provides us with a chance to form a better relationship with them rather then being defined by a grade.
My expirence at Alverno College has been nothing but amazing. The professors are there to help you every step of the way and support you to become a successful women!
I am currently a freshman and so far I am enjoying my experiences at Alverno college. I like how the class sizes are small and the grading system is not as overwhelming as the A, B, C system was for me in high school. A change that I would like to see is that there is more authority towards residents in the dorms especially towards the end of the year when girls start to get loud.
Start Your Review of Alverno College
What I like about Alverno is that they don't have a grading system and the students and faculty are very welcoming. What I would like to see change here is more food options especially for vegetarians.
The staff and faculty members are friendly. The faculty members care about the student's success. You will be pushed to do even better than you had expected yourself to do. The job opportunities after college are amazing. The school prepares you for the world after graduation very well.
Alverno has the tools and resources to make my college experience successful. The great professors and staff help me gather all that I need to be prepared for classes. The environment is well rounded.
I love the atmosphere it gives off and everyone is super friendly. I love the one on one I get with teachers and they're always willing to go out of their way to help a student when needed. The friends I have made are making it a great college experience so far. I am learning and thriving in this environment and becoming the strong woman I know I am. I have grown so much so far this first year and I can't wait to see where the next 3 take me!
This school is amazing. The teachers interact with every person and it isn't just any college, the professors know your name. If a student is struggling in a class, they will reach out and make sure they get help. We don't get grades in this school, it is a pass or fail but this challenge the students to think more and study to make sure they get it right the first time. Everyone is so kind to one another, the students and the staff. I feel comfortable going to this school and the friends I made are amazing. Going to be getting my masters at Alverno College as well next year!
I find Alverno College to be an excellent place to extend my knowledge and expertise. I love Alverno because it's such a inclusive college, so the staff and students are always so nice and postive.
Alverno college is a college that is outside the box of any other college. Alverno challenges you and enforce working with other women which enhances your work skills in the future.
Alverno College has been really great so far! Sometimes scheduling is hard to figure out and some professors are hard to deal with but for the most part, I love being a part of the Alverno family. The small class sizes are awesome and there are always opportunities to get involved in the community and connect with others. It's been a really great experience so far and I can't wait to see what the rest of my education will bring!
I love everything about this school, it's so different from other schools, which is really good for me. Everyone here is so nice and care about how our schooling is going. They really want to make sure you reach every goal you have. I wouldn't change anything, I love my school the way it is.
There will be a lot of self assessing, but helps you reflect on your choices in life. Student events are always incorporated throughout the semester. The environment feels very open, diverse, and comfortable. Some may even bring their kids to classes and this is not something that is frowned upon. Staff is always supportive and it is important to make connections with them.
I like that Alverno has very small class sizes. The smallest class I've ever been in had 6 people, the largest had 30. In my opinion smaller classes allow students to get to know one and other as well as get more attention from the teacher. I love that Alverno doesn't have standard grades or a GPA. Instead you are graded on skills which is applicable to any job field.
I like all Of my professors. For the most part, my classes are great. However, this school makes you take a lot of prerequisites before you can even think about taking classes that have to do with your major. Most classes are in a 2hour time frame, and the whole school is on a “break” from 12-1 pm. Which is nice because it gives everyone the chance to take a break during the day. The campus overall is really nice and clean, and everyone is really friendly. They make you feel welcome, but a lot of the advisors can be really pushy about what classes you choose to take and when.
Best women's college out there! It made me be an independent woman who now has a successful career and confidence that shines!!
It's an amazing school with a real passion for its students. The curriculum is meaningful and the teachers are committed to helping you excel. The only thing I'd personally change is the food services, they need a little bit of help.
This is not a party school, but you can find people to go out with if you are looking for it.
Start Your Review of Alverno College
I absolutley love it at Alverno! Ever since the first day I stepped into that school I instantlly felt like home. Everyone at school is really friendly! You will right away fit in and make lots of friends! Professors are amazing too! They all have positive attitudes and are always available when you need anything. I recommend alterno very much and believe you will be very successful here!
Alverno is a wonderful college, the teachers are pretty good they are always there to help in anyway they can. I love how their grading system, and all the effort Alverno makes to make every student better. The college life is average, Alverno has mostly a calm and serious atmosphere so if you are looking for the big parties Alverno is not the place. Otherwise Alverno is a very good school overall, but something that I wish they would change would be how high their tuition is and make it more affordable for many more women to gain their education at Alverno.
I haven't attended the college yet, but it seems very fitting to my needs as a student and looks to be a lot of help along my road to success!