Alverno College Reviews

Alverno is a great school with many opportunities for all its students to shine and succeed. The sisterhood is strong between all students and everyone is willing to help one another.
Alverno has handled their online learning system fairly well. All the professors are willing to meet with you via zoom and are always making sure their students are comfortable with their learning experience.
I love it, it’s such a welcoming environment! We still have events with COVID precautions. It’s a small college where students respect each others space and needs. The staff is also wonderful.
Start Your Review of Alverno College
Many on my classes are online, but it’s very organized. There’s good communication between the professors and students.
This will be my first semester at Alverno.. So far I’ve heard good things. Can’t wait to experience Alverno myself.
First semester at Alverno. Can’t wait to explore the resources available to me, the campus and how well online learning goes.
Alverno is full of students who are strong minded. The school itself is very supportive of its' students. All of the faculty and staff are very nice and willing to lend a hand. The students are diverse in their backgrounds and their capabilities. I love Alverno!
I enjoyed Alverno as soon as I stepped on campus. I enjoy the idea of sisterhood and having staff and professors help as needed. I have had trouble financially and would have liked more support. Overall I love the campus and coursework and support I received discarding my financial state.
I absolutely love the staff and the environment. Only issue is this year I’ve had so many problems with the financial aid department not following through or miss placing information. Besides that, this is by far of the best colleges I’ve looked into.
Alverno College incredibly unique. The sense of community is unmatched and I always feel like I belong.
I love Alverno college. All of the teachers are very helpful, and the other students are very supportive. I like that they grade you based off of eight abilities/ skills instead of letter grades. It really helps show what you're good at and how you can improve in certain areas.
the college has an amazing student to teacher ratio that makes learning much easier for students. this college also features an amazing way of grading because it is based on a pass-fail program which is very easy for students to follow. the school also features abilities that are major life skills needed for after college. and finally, this college offers an amazing nursing program with a full-blown simulation lab and a clinical lab which is very helpful to help students to learn
Alverno Is very expensive but the Education is worth every penny. The Nursing Department is the best in the Midwest. The curriculum is very demanding. Don't expect to have a life.
As I visited to Alverno's college campus, I immediately fell in love with the campus. The administrators and the students who introduced the campus tour and giving us a warm welcome into the campus made me feel so comfortable to be around and how included I felt when I went there. I would 100% recommend this school!
Alverno is a great school for those who want a small private experience. The staff are all very friendly and you truly do feel a sense of community at Alverno. However, while I enjoyed most professors, there is an increasing amount of not great professors coming in. I still believe that I got a good education from Alverno. I also took a lot from the additional activities I participated in, my student job and my time in athletics were vital to my success at Alverno and some of my best memories come from those.
When you are a freshman or sophomore in school, the teachers are helpful and most will be able to help you when you are struggling in your classes, but once you get to more of your upper-level classes as a junior/senior then the teachers lack the ability to help or explain the materials or subject matter that which they are teaching. Also, access to certain events, programs, or opportunities that a student can do is limited unless the student literally has to do the leg work and ask if such things exist, and in most cases they are, but only some of the staff/faculty know about what the student is asking for. A lot of run-a-round, especially for the financial aid or business office with payments or loans.
I love how small classes are and how every teacher in there cares deeply for student success. Their passion reflects on their students.
Start Your Review of Alverno College
Something that I liked about Alverno College is the Environment as well as how much the professors want you to succeed as a student.
If you are looking for a small campus with an innovative approach to education, value small classroom sizes and low teacher-student ratio, Alverno College may be a very good fit for you. While I thrived in this small, intimate setting and lived on campus, for me, the only downside was the lack of social connection on campus with the opposite sex. The nursing and education program are highly rated and regarded in Wisconsin & the Midwest, and the business management program is solid. A great value for the money, perfect commuter school, excellent for the non-traditional student with one of the first weekend-college programs founded. Also a good pick for an athlete wanting to continue her high school sports career in a Division III setting. Easy accessibility to downtown Milwaukee via public bus transportation. Safe neighborhood, nestled in a quaint, south side residential area.
My 2 years at Alverno so far have been overall great. I love the school and the people who come with it. I would definitely recommend the school to someone who is looking to live away from home for school but doesn't want to live too far away. Alverno has a very high diverse rate where nobody is left out and everyone is welcome, nobody is turned away because of race and is a strong believer in DACA. If looking for a school with one on one learning, diverse atmosphere, athletics, and of course a great education, Alverno is the place to be!