At Alverno, you will learn, live and grow in a close, diverse and supportive community where teachers become mentors, classmates become lifelong friends and you become who you're meant to be.
In the classroom and beyond, you'll gain access to opportunities that will shape and stretch you, getting you ready for your next step. Our abilities-based curriculum and performance-based assessment process will give you the skills most in demand by today's employers.
We're one of the nation's largest Catholic women's colleges, and our students come from all faiths and backgrounds. You'll be surrounded by supportive classmates and professors who know you by name. Plus, our location gives you easy access to all Milwaukee has to offer.
Alverno College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.47 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.57 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.57 responses
Nursing at Alverno
Alverno College is proud to educate highly skilled nurses. There are no waitlists for admission, and clinical placements are guaranteed for ALL nursing students. You'll find that our small class sizes, top-notch professors and state-of-the-art simulation center will get you ready for success.
- of students say they don't have Greek life.68 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.78 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses