Alvernia University Reviews

I have mer some wonderful people over the past two years. Both students and professors have assisted in broadening my life skills and future aspirations. I've grown personally and have learned to appreciate others and not take things for granted. I enjoy attending Alvernia.
I graduated from Alvernia in 2001, and I received a top notch education there. There were many opportunities to be a part of campus life, the campus is beautiful and growing, and you have excellent professors who care and develop relationships with their students.
I love that the professors at this University truly care about the students and that they succeed. This University supports their students in their career choice and is very strong in their health care majors. There is an ample amount of support from professors and from different on-campus resources that you are able to access. This University is setting me up to be successful in my field.
Start Your Review of Alvernia University
I had a fantastic experience at Alvernia. Everyone is so friendly and their campus is ever expanding. There is a friendly face everywhere you go, and all members of faculty and staff are looking out for your success.
Alvernia University is a place undergoing many changed. Recently, they just became the Golden Wolves after being the Crusaders for many years. They just built a brand new stadium, and added a football team. I play soccer, so I started my first year a week earlier than regular students. My team and I formed a brotherhood and share a bond like no other. We had a great season which featured playoff appearances as a team, and individually, I started every game and scored two game winning goals as a freshman. My coach put lots of faith in me. In the classroom, professors were very involved and seemed to care a lot more than typical college professors. I finished with a 3.6 GPA. The campus is beautiful and small. I know probably half of the student body. There are only two negatives about Alvernia Alvernia is the #1 school in Pennsylvania and #4 in the nation for student debt. The general cafeteria food is generally very poor as well with limited options and sometimes bad quality.
I didn’t get to experience the college life because I am a commuter. I liked a few of the professors on campus.
What I like about Alvernia University is the teaching and the learning curriculum. The small classes and getting to know your Professors on a more personal exchange is great. What I would love to see changed is more of the main campus-getting involved more into the Philadelphia campus.
This school is small and very pretty. No matter where you live on campus you can get to class in 5 minutes top. Also the campus activities board puts on the best programs like free trips to the movies, New York City, Baltamore, DC, various zoo, bingo nights where you can win TV, go pro, $50+ gift cards, fridges, etc,. Its pretty cool.
Alvernia is a great, small private college. The community is great and the classes are small enough that you always make connections.
Small private school. Nice people but not a party school. Focus on self-development and charitable service. Food is mediocre at best.
Alvernia is a great school for commuters. It is set up so that you can easily attend regardless of living at home. The university lacks in athletics and over "fun". There is a lot to do on campus but not a diverse group of people.
On my visit I couldn't complain about anything with my school, I love it so far, but if I could change something I would make a way bigger food court/ area, with different cultures of food for you to try at lunch, in case your from a different state and you miss a specific food you used to eat with your family back home. This happening would make more people want too live on campus.
I have enjoyed attending Alvernia University. I feel like God has opened many wonderful opportunities for me here with internships and work. I value education and how it betters the lives of students. I'm glad that I transferred and am close to home now. My professors have been really good to me and I have created strong relationships with them. I know that they genuinely want me to succeed and become who God has called me to become. It has been a wonderful journey thus far and I look forward to graduating in the upcoming year!
Alvernia University is an excellent school to receive a quality education. Since it is a smaller school, students are able to get more out of their studies. This is due to the smaller class sizes, which allows for more interaction with the professors. The school culture is also a positive aspect of the school. Alvernia is a community, and since it is smaller, students form closer relationships with their peers.
Alvernia was a nice campus. However, everything seemed to be for show. The outside community is not very well suited for college kids. The pay is not ideal which particularly damaged my interest
Alvernia University has a smaller campus, everything is in walking distance, but there are shuttle services to the Upland Center for classes, and parking lots for parking off campus. As a Science major I like my professors. The dorms and housing is bigger and more well kept than other schools I have visited. There are things on campus to get involved in and meet people.
Nice clean campus. Everyone seems to enjoy the school. It's in a nice location and the college is growing by the year.
Start Your Review of Alvernia University
I love Alvernia because everything and everyone us very personable. You can always get help directly from your teachers because they are here to help you succeed.
friendly and warm atmosphere, great writing tutors, professors who truly care about non-traditional students like me
Overall great experience! Staff and incredibly helpful and caring. They prepare you for real life experiences the best they can in a controlled setting. The school tuition although is costly.