Alvernia University Reviews

Small private school. Nice people but not a party school. Focus on self-development and charitable service. Food is mediocre at best.
Alvernia is a great school for commuters. It is set up so that you can easily attend regardless of living at home. The university lacks in athletics and over "fun". There is a lot to do on campus but not a diverse group of people.
On my visit I couldn't complain about anything with my school, I love it so far, but if I could change something I would make a way bigger food court/ area, with different cultures of food for you to try at lunch, in case your from a different state and you miss a specific food you used to eat with your family back home. This happening would make more people want too live on campus.
Review Alvernia University
I have enjoyed attending Alvernia University. I feel like God has opened many wonderful opportunities for me here with internships and work. I value education and how it betters the lives of students. I'm glad that I transferred and am close to home now. My professors have been really good to me and I have created strong relationships with them. I know that they genuinely want me to succeed and become who God has called me to become. It has been a wonderful journey thus far and I look forward to graduating in the upcoming year!
Alvernia University is an excellent school to receive a quality education. Since it is a smaller school, students are able to get more out of their studies. This is due to the smaller class sizes, which allows for more interaction with the professors. The school culture is also a positive aspect of the school. Alvernia is a community, and since it is smaller, students form closer relationships with their peers.
Alvernia was a nice campus. However, everything seemed to be for show. The outside community is not very well suited for college kids. The pay is not ideal which particularly damaged my interest
Alvernia University has a smaller campus, everything is in walking distance, but there are shuttle services to the Upland Center for classes, and parking lots for parking off campus. As a Science major I like my professors. The dorms and housing is bigger and more well kept than other schools I have visited. There are things on campus to get involved in and meet people.
Nice clean campus. Everyone seems to enjoy the school. It's in a nice location and the college is growing by the year.
I love Alvernia because everything and everyone us very personable. You can always get help directly from your teachers because they are here to help you succeed.
friendly and warm atmosphere, great writing tutors, professors who truly care about non-traditional students like me
Overall great experience! Staff and incredibly helpful and caring. They prepare you for real life experiences the best they can in a controlled setting. The school tuition although is costly.
My experience so far at Alvernia University has been very good. I have met a lot of new people that I know I'll still connect with once everyone has graduated. I also played basketball and connected with coaches and my teammates. I've traveled places that I've never been just off of playing basketball. Some changes that I wanted to see, that are now starting to come to existence is a football program and another gym that students can get some extracurricular time in. Also, another change that I hope happens is that they continue to add more parking spaces for students that have vehicles. That's a main problem that students usually run into. Other than that, I love my University.
A beautiful, tiny university! All of the professors have been very helpful so far. There is always something to do on campus, and the food is pretty good!
I love the adult education program! Everyone works together, both staff and students, to assist with having the best educational experience possible. I also like the intimate size of the class population! I recommend Alvernia highly. Excellent experience! Wishing I could have my Masters experience there as well!!! My only complaints is that I wish the Philadelphia Campus had more activities for students and more interaction with the main campus.
I am a current college student at Alvernia University and I have to say, the experience is like no other. Teachers and students are welcoming and helpful from day one. From your connection day to your first day of class to your last day of class, they are there to help you succeed and feel welcome. You can go to anyone with any problem and they will listen and help you through it. The programs are rigorous and fast but not so much as to overwhelm the students. This college's programs challenges its students as well as keeps them involved.
good small school with very good sports programs. Small classes provide for good learning and better contact with teachers. Nice campus but small.
Alvernia University is a great place to go to school. I have never met teachers who care so much about their students and are willing to spend the time it takes to make the students as successful as possible.
Review Alvernia University
I have never had a problem with safety while at school. We always have two security guards on duty and students must buzz themselves in using ID badges.
I love my school because it is an adult accelerated program designed for working adults with families. Most of the students here have been working in the behavioral health field for many years, which is an overall enriching experience in itself. I enjoy being surrounded with such knowledge, especially since I will be entering this field for the first time after graduation.
health and safety has been great