High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- 1% Cash Back + affordable rates starting at 3.82% APR w/auto debit discount
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.34 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.38 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.38 responses
Most Popular Majors
Substance Abuse and Addiction Counseling49 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration47 Graduates
Health Service Preparatory Studies39 Graduates
Business Administration and Management37 Graduates
Social Work and Youth Services28 Graduates
Special Education and Teaching21 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.37 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.49 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.24 responses
Alvernia University Reviews
Alvernia University has a beautiful campus and many activities to get involved in. It is a relatively new school and is always improving. However, I have not had the best personal experience with the school regarding academics and athletics. I did not have a great experience as a starting freshman on my athletic team. My teammates were all nice, but the coaching staff was less than stellar. Also, my major is Education and contrary to my beliefs when I was researching the school as a high school student, the Ed department is not the strongest. Many classes are not very focused and I do not feel as though I will be prepared to enter a classroom and teach students effectively.
Alvernia University is a place undergoing many changed. Recently, they just became the Golden Wolves after being the Crusaders for many years. They just built a brand new stadium, and added a football team. I play soccer, so I started my first year a week earlier than regular students. My team and I formed a brotherhood and share a bond like no other. We had a great season which featured playoff appearances as a team, and individually, I started every game and scored two game winning goals as a freshman. My coach put lots of faith in me. In the classroom, professors were very involved and seemed to care a lot more than typical college professors. I finished with a 3.6 GPA. The campus is beautiful and small. I know probably half of the student body. There are only two negatives about Alvernia Alvernia is the #1 school in Pennsylvania and #4 in the nation for student debt. The general cafeteria food is generally very poor as well with limited options and sometimes bad quality.
I have enjoyed attending Alvernia University. I feel like God has opened many wonderful opportunities for me here with internships and work. I value education and how it betters the lives of students. I'm glad that I transferred and am close to home now. My professors have been really good to me and I have created strong relationships with them. I know that they genuinely want me to succeed and become who God has called me to become. It has been a wonderful journey thus far and I look forward to graduating in the upcoming year!