Alpena Community College Reviews

All my online classes have gone really well. When we went remote due to Covid 19 my teachers went out of their way to help us with questions we had and still found ways to make it fun. The other students were also very interactive in the online forums which not only made the class easier but significantly more enjoyable.
I'm having a great experience here. All of my professors have been nothing but kind, caring, and invested in my learning. The other students have been nice and there is a large student life that is working to make the atmosphere even more welcoming and inviting to everyone.
Its so easy to sign up for online classes and set up everything you need for online including meetings, online lab demonstrations and face to face academic planning.

Webex is easy to install and professors are very active. You also use it for classes and tests in real time. I haven't had it lag yet.

I am pleased that they offer online classes now and so much has been added in the last few years. I am a mother of 2 and expecting soon. It is easier for me to work from home as much as possible and still provide time and care to my children. I am attending Alpena Community College online to provide a better future for my children. I couldn't do that as well if I were taking more time and money away from them temporarily.

Financially I am able to live easier because I am not making the 56 mile one way trip every day or every other day to Alpena. I am saving money in gas, wear and tear on my car and baby sitting fees that would accumulate if I attended classes on campus.
Start Your Review of Alpena Community College
I enjoy how small the campus is.
It is easy to navigate and people are friendly. When my car broke down a girl from class and a professor offered to drive me across campus if I needed it to make my class on time. They want to see you succeed and will check up on you in the halls or after class. Very personable.

The second reason I chose Alpena again years later was the diversity of online classes. I am a mother of 2 children and one on the way. It is difficult to manage going to school full time, working, balancing time for your family and driving time plus school time away. Online classes allow me flexibility to be with my family and meet their physically and emotional needs, while maintaining financial success by living within our means and bettering our future. I recommend.

What I'd like to see change would be the email response time.
When I need an answer via email it can take up to a week to get a response. However if you call or drop in they are very responsive and quick.
I really enjoy learning and this has been a great place to start. I am 25 and didn't start college until this year. Great classes, teachers, and town.
Nice community college. Dorms are nice, 4 person townhouses with private bedrooms and two baths. Easy walking to downtown shopping and restaurants. Small class sizes. Easy to get around and very affordable great place to start your career.
Alpena Community College is a great college to start your education. I was able to finish all my prerequisites for a low cost! The professors are amazing and able to work with students one on one. The community surrounding the area is very kind, lots to do and full of life. The class sizes are small and allow for the students and professors to make friendly personal connections. There are a lot of important utilities offered to the students here as well, such as a computer lab, library, dining commons, gym, workout room, and more!
I love the range of programs offered at ACC. For such a small community college, there are multiple career and technical programs that a student can enroll in, complete, and have a nearly guaranteed job in a well-paying field. Without requiring transfer or additional studies, a student can graduate with immediate employment in nursing, welding, utility tech, concrete tech, auto body repair, and many others.
Alpena Community College is a very nice college and a very good starter school. The tuition is affordable especially for north east Michigan. Most instructors are helpful and the classes are ran pretty good. I am prepared for my next phase of education and perusing my bachelors else where.
Alpena Community College is an excellent school to attend. All of my professors thus far have been fair and knowledgeable. The board of directors is willing to converse with students as well as do what they can to improve the school. A welcoming community that is open to varying opinions.
I love the small class sizes at Alpena Community College. The student/professor ratio makes a friendly learning environment and professors are often available to their students.
Alpena Community College is an amazing college. They are very personable when it comes to the classroom. The smaller size classes makes it a better learning environment because it makes it easier for the teachers to make one on one time with their students
I liked attending Alpena Community College because of the smaller class sizes, which enabled students to have more one on one time with the professors. The faculty at Alpena Community College is extremely intelligent and helpful! My only complaint about Alpena Community College would be the ever-rising tuition rates. Part of the campus is located right on the river, so the surrounding area is certainly beautiful!
Alpena Community College offers extremely professional educational services. For a small town college they offer a wide range of courses and degrees. Every professor I have met is helpful, caring and kind. Administrative representatives go out of their way to ensure everything runs smooth.
The professors and staff are extremely helpful in providing a successful learning environment. The college provides a wide variety of classes that can be transferred to many different universities. Also, they have a great nursing program. The science department at this community college is great, and offers some high level courses.
Alpena community college is small in size but love the individual attention you get during and after class. The area of Alpena community college is beautiful and there are a lot of things s to do. Alpena community college has a hockey team, basketball team(boys and girls). Those sports students get to go see the games for free.
After a 13 year break from college, I returned to school figuring Id have to pay my summer semester. To my suprise they offered financial aid to me, i was overjoyed. I passed my two summer classes both with an A. Had fall classes lined up, books ordered and the Friday before online classes start I get a nice letter saying Im sol theyre pulling my financial aid. Why? Because of grades 13 years ago. How much did i miss the 2.0 by? .07 yep. Guess the 4.0 semester didnt matter, just enough to lure me back to pull the rug last minute after proving my dedication. Nice move, so not only are you out federal funding, but also my book money. Good job, really got one on me. Furthermore, I can transfer and guess what get financial aid! So guess I should thank you, you lost a student and more money (which from what Ive seen online you really cant afford). So way to hold a grudge for over a decade ago and you're the one that lost out.
Start Your Review of Alpena Community College
I have been going to ACC for my whole college experience and although its located in a small town is has a certified program through detroit mercy and one of the best concrete tech programs in the world. It has a very clean and friendly campus but the food is pretty bland and winters are rough.
ACC is a great college! Great professors and coaches! The teachers are very willing to answer questions and help during their office hours. Administration is active, out and about on campus, accessible.
This is a great place to dual enroll while still in high school. Ahead in your high school credits? Then you should definitely consider using your time wisely and instead of wasting it on a useless high school elective, attending ACC to get that jump start on college.